Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

10 Maoists killed by splinter group TPC, say Jharkhand police

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Marqueur, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ten members of the banned CPI (Maoists), were killed in a clash with Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC), a rival splinter group of the Maoists in Chatra district, 100 km north of Ranchi. Among those killed were four leaders of the Maoists Madhya zone – which includes the area south of the Grand Trunk Road comprising Aurangabad in Bihar and Chatra and Palamu in Jharkhand.

TPC, led by its founder Brajesh Ganju, is active in Jharkhand’s Chatra, Latehar and Ranchi districts and is one of several Maoists splinter groups active in the State.

According to senior police officials, the clash between Maoists and the TPC began in Lakramanda forest 20 km from Kunda police station in Chatra on Wednesday evening and went on till 4 a.m. on Thursday.

“At 4 p.m. on Wednesday, we got information of exchange of fire between TPC and Maoists in Kunda. Two teams of 80 troopers of Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) and 15 from District Armed Police left for the spot at 10 p.m. but reached only by 3 a.m. They fired 80-90 rounds between 3 to 4 a.m. By day break, both Maoists and TPC had fled. We recovered 10 bodies of Maoists; nine were in uniforms and one in plain clothes and we recovered arms,†said Jharkhand Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar.

Mr. Kumar said that four bodies were identified as those of leaders of Madhya zone Regional Committee of Maoists, including Lalesh Yadav, secretary of the Maoists’ Bihar Jharkhand North Chhattisgarh Special Area Committee (SAC), Jaikumar Yadav, a platoon commander with SAC, Dharmedra Yadav alias Biru, sub-zonal commander of Chatra-Palamu and Prafulla Yadav, sub-zonal commander in Koleshwari.

One AK 47 rifle, two .303 police rifles, three .315 guns, one carbine, cane bombs, large number of empty cartridges, literature and pithhoos were recovered, Mr. Kumar said. “Maoist leader Lalesh Yadav had arrived from Gaya to assist a group of the rebels with whom we had an encounter in Gumla district on March 13 and 14, to travel back to Bihar, but his group was intercepted by TPC,†he said.

After an encounter in Latehar in January last in which 11 security personnel were killed, the Maoists, in a statement, had alleged that the Jharkhand police were using “vigilante groups†including the TPC, in operations against them. Mr Kumar denied any cooperation between the police and the TPC in the incident. “For us, both Maoists and TPC are the same thing. We do not carry out any operations with TPC, we do not have any truck with them,†he said.

“The spot of the incident is 70 km from Chatra town and deep inside the forest near Kunda. We suspect that one TPC cadre died and two were injured as well, though we did not recover the body. The police troopers were all safe,†said Chatra SP Anoop Birtharay. “This is a big set back to the Maoists. We do not claim we killed the Maoists but since the police reached on time, both groups had to retreat and we were able to recover the rebels’ bodies and weapons,†he said.

TPC was founded by Brajesh Ganju alias Sardar ji, a former member of CPI (Maoists) in Lawalong area in Chatra in 2001. The group had alleged that the dominance of upper castes among the Maoists leadership was one of the reasons for splitting. TPC is active in Khalari coal mines area in Ranchi and Betla in Latehar. This reporter recorded wall writings by TPC against the Maoists on public buildings and homes in villages two weeks back in Garu and Mahuatarnd area of Latehar district, an area considered a stronghold of the Maoists.

10 Maoists killed by splinter group TPC, say Jharkhand police - The Hindu

2. OrionHunter

OrionHunter REGISTERED

I bet a section of the Maoists like the TPC has been bought over by the intel agencies. The best policy is - divide and decimate! :fighting2:

3 people like this.
  3. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    time of divide and rule has gone its time for divide and decimate! :tup: will use it as my signature now

4. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Chanakya neeti is still very much relevant in today's warfare.

5. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    these naxalites are fighting each other on the representations of caste in the naxaile group as TPC is formed on this accuse and basis.. isn't maoist ideology is against caste, religion and all other things..

I bet mao was pulling his heir in hell. IMO give India any idea and it will be further changed on the basis of caste and religion.. after seeing OBC, muslims and Dalit Christians( which should not be there as both religion are against caste) we are going to see castist maoist.

so what is next... naxals devided on religion and calling for 18 % reservation for muslims and 50 % for various castes.....

its amazing what India can done with others.

6. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Arre bhai, i came across a book on Chanakya Neeti
    in case you dont have it, better get one

and also one is of "Ghak Bhadri"

both are great books
    i am reading them now a days

1 person likes this.
  7. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    chankya niti I have but not the 2nd one... will try to get this... and you missed the scarcsm in my post bro...

yes we are using divide and decimate but using caste for dividing a group who is highly against such thing can only be done in our great nation... don't you agree

send me link of ghak bhadri

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  8. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    you can find it in the stores
    but there is no link for it
    its not that famous, but its very good books
    for knowledge

it have famous sanskrit poems and its hindi translation
    in regards to Farming, Nashaktras, etc.