Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

1000+ India Soldiers on Hunger Strike after the Killing of 2 Jawans

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Manmohan Yadav, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

India does not want to internationalise a bilateral issue..Once the issue is internationalised the countries will use that as a bargaining point. "buy typhoon,we support you , buy C-17 and we will support you, Give us 3 bill for carrier and we support you"..

NObody these days cares about what right and whats wrong...it all matters on how much one can profit out of this...

Humanity has been thrown out of the window, long time ago...both by India,Pakistan and the rest of the world...there is no point in taking the moral high ground anywhere...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

I see your point, but what would a UN probe hurt?
    UN probe would be impartial in this case, I am sure.

If we're talking about the US intervention, yes I can see your point then, but even then Pakistan would get the short end of the straw.

Why has IA rejected it? After rejection of probe, foreign media has stepped backed and starting approaching Indian claims with caution. Surely, not beneficial for IA PR.

Besides, what's the alternative?

3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The present day problem has its roots in the pillow talk that Nehru had with Edwina while overruling his entire cabinet and IA in 1948/49. Do you guys remember my golden words that there are five kinds of power, Political/Raj, Money, Muscle, mind and Pus**y power. All other powers fail in front of Pus**y power. Nehru failed and scumbed to that.
    Peer Panjaal hills start from Poonch/Uri area. That was the last ditch battles which PA was fighting in 1948 against IA. PA was led by a British officer who was taking orders from Lord Mountbaton who happened to be the head both the armed forces of India and Pakistan at that time.
    Peer Panjaal ranges have a high ground towards north and than to the south we have what was called Punjab. SWAT and the famous pak winter resort fall within these ranges. If IA had taken over these heights in 1948, PA wud have had to withdraw from entire J&K as IA was already dominating heights in Leh and PA wud have got encircled with no chance of escape. But that bast**d Nehru ageed for ceasefire and that gave PA advantage in Uri/Poonch area and also supply routes to POK garrison.
    I have a view, since PA calls J&K disputed, we must launch attack on Uri/Poonch axis and drive them away from that area. PA will than need to go into Afghanistan to stay put in POK. That won't happen. We must do it before USA withdraws from Afgan.
    Pir Panjal Range - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2 people like this.
  4. Star Wars

not really...U.N is far from a neutral democratic institution for peace what people think and most countries claim...

below is a rather interesting 1 hour video...watch the whole thing...things might make sense after this...The video has nothing to do with the topic..but it is very good video

In honesty i dont have answer to all the questions...still trying to make some sense...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Come on man, UN unbiased? It is a long arm of the US ... Maybe an investigation mediated by a neutral country...

6. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Basic difference between pro-india (communal) and pro-pakistan(secular) parties

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Star Wars

No country is nuetrel ..... Every friggin govt. in this planet is run by "give and take" .

8. Jungibaaz

I don't trust UN in bigger issues.
    It has long been used as a tool for implementing foreign policy of the US.

But in this case I don't see why it would matter.
    But anyway, thanks for the video, I'll give it a watch.

9. Jungibaaz

True I've always said I don't trust the UN.
    As a matter of fact, at the UN Geneva, I had a debate with the tour guide, she lost the will and I debated with the supervisor.

I've always called the UN a joke and a phony.
    But in this issue, I don't see what could go wrong, especially for India.
    Why would you reject it? If it is going to be biased, it will be in favour of India.

10. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

My opinion is that this will be used as a stick to beet both countries India has no intention of letting that happen.
    You might have noticed India from the smallest to the largest matter is steadfast in not involving other nations to poke their noses in Indian bilateral relations.

When you let a third party talk on your behalf,have a third party set your agenda with your neighbors,it will only lead to nations dancing tho the third party's tunes!!

Indo-Pak relations are complex as it is we don't need a third party poking their nose in and further complicating things.

2 people like this.
  11. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lets not forget the reason why we cant hit back at the porkis

[​IMG]

12. Jungibaaz

I hear ya buddy.
    Sound reasoning it seems, but it leaves the question of what is to be done.

13. Star Wars

Nothing...am fedup with all the hate flying around..am just gonna mind my own business...65 years and both countries have not learnt any thing...

1 person likes this.
  14. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Let me ask you a direct question. Will Pak agree to plebcite in J&K which has majority Shia population by turning back the clock and removing residents from POK who were not residents of POK in 1947?
    In 1965 we did not have advance info but in 1971 we had advance info from bengali officers of PA. In 1999, we got info from Shias of POK. Now wud you like to kill 20% of your population?

15. kabir

kabir FULL MEMBER

Nooooooooooo Killing of my brothers, Remember, I'm Indian first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.