Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

11 CRPF personnel, injured in an encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Sukma, succumb to their in

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Scotlander, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Major SENIOR MEMBER

and how many are you gonna kill? 1000? 2000? 3000? 30,000? There were 300 who attacked the CRPF today. You cannot have a civil war solution for this. According to them, you are the terrorist. You live happy when they're booted out for building dams or other projects and sent to live on streets. Get smart. If this was a separatist, then the solution could have been different. But these are people you have to eventually govern after making them give up arms. Political solution is the final way forward.

2. NKVD

NKVD 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In Moments Like these courage Like this Matter.Great going soldier Get well soon

18118950_1458841990840944_6817944240768498172_n.png

SrNair and Dagger like this.
  3. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    So for 10-20 thousands , you want all of 2-3 crore suffer ?

Let me tell you this , I have my family members working around Jharkhand, and deputed in highly sensitive areas during elections , and till today non of them have came across a tribal who supports Naxals.

The way its going down , is purely because of Governments negligence.

They are only worried for the Coal, Iron and Bauxite mined here. Till it happens, all good.

But if you are looking for finding a peaceful solution for those ~20 k , I will sadly tell you , that you are looking down a bigger problem where crores of people are looking up against the Union of India.

I will not fake , but the present situation is going down to be worse than Kashmir.

Nilgiri and SrNair like this.
  4. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Major SENIOR MEMBER

I know it's going down worse than Kashmir, that's why I said we need to play politics. We've been hunting them for decades now- hell Green Hunt has been one of the most violent and intensive campaigns in Indian history. We haven't made much progress have we?

5. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    @Guynextdoor
    After the 11 March attacks too these terrorists had crossed into Jharkhand. But non of them were apprehended. Later in the first week of April , it surfaced that the border villagers of Jharkhand where they crossed into Jharkhand knew it.

On further investigation on why the police was not informed. The Panchayat head of one of the village under scrutiny said that
    " You [To Police ] come , mine and go under the orders of Delhi , and the outsiders[naxals] too come , kill , take levy and go . If we help either of them, its our children who die. Why should we help you both ? "

6. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    Its going down worse than Kashmir and Partition not because of the bloodshed caused by 20,000 naxals in Jharkhand. Its going worse because today we have 3 organisations , armed just like terrorists in Kashmir and fighting against "Government Forces " and Outsiders [Naxals] , and the bad thing is , they have popular support.

As the discontent rises and people see that in return of all the coal, iron , uranium and Bauxite , all we are getting is our own people killed and harassed by government and Naxals, things will go out of control.

Dagger likes this.
  7. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    The only way to solve this problem , is to kill all the Naxals , indiscriminately , at least in Jharkhand.

8. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think years of apathy by governments means that these tribal folk are lured to insurgency and its stayed the same ever since. There is a lot to earn from looting, robbing, extorting from mining rich forest areas. As these are tribals, they know the terrain better than any military unit out there. Cleaning out the naxals is going to be a pain in the a$$, next to impossible.

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  9. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
    I was surprised that my roommate who is well educated, a senior developer in TCS , has full support for what the naxals are doing.

10. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Use of Air support would draw unnecessary attention and importance to Maoists and nor it would be ineffective .
    There is an intelligence failure because they couldnt see that large contingentv.

11. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
    Your right .. How are you going to track and finish off naxals in dense forests with helicopters ?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  12. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    Kishanji said the same thing and killed one company soldiers. Next thing that happened to them was most brutal cleansing .
    There is no justificaton for this kind of attacks.
    What is their problem?
    Lack of infrasrtructure ,development etc.That was this CRPF doing in there .
    Time and again we showed some restrain and they are really testing our patience .

13. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    Security forces can do that if they want ,only thing that restrains them is that it would tarnish our image in front of world .

If they want this maoists dead ,they would be dead .Like they did in earlier decades.

14. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    A start can be made in Jharkhand. The biggest factor which government is not using is that unlike other states in Red Corridor , these Naxals do not get " Popular Support " and are considered outsiders.

Most of the extremely poor tribals my father has interacted with , during his deputations in elections want only 3 things.

1. Education and safety of their children.
    2. Destruction of outsiders. [Naxals]
    3. Health Services [With the influx of people from West Bengal and Bihar in last 2 Decades, diseases have spread into Tribals who previously had very little exposure to such. ]

They don't want subsides, food or electricity. They say they have enough for themselves. They only want good education for their children and removal of Naxals.

Nilgiri, SrNair and Dagger like this.
  15. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    Perhaps you know about the Naxal culling in Kerala during emergency time .
    Kerala Police of Karunakaran killed and wiped out entire Naxals in the Kerala.