Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

3 years of Nirbhaya gangrape: Delhi government to help juvenile convict set up tailoring shop

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by kiduva21, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiduva21

kiduva21 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    3 years of Nirbhaya gangrape: Delhi government to help juvenile convict set up tailoring shop
    Today marks the third anniversary of the brutal Nirbhaya gangrape and the juvenile convict is all set to walk free by December 20.
    [​IMG]
    IndiaToday.in
    New Delhi, December 16, 2015 | Edited by Arunava Chatterjee | UPDATED 19:23 IST
    A +A -
    [​IMG]
    Today marks the third anniversary of the brutal Nirbhaya gangrape and the juvenile convict is all set to walk free by December 20, but the parents of the victim say they feel no sense of closure.

According to news reports, Delhi government's department of Women and Child Development (WCD) is planning to give the juvenile a one-time financial grant of Rs 10,000 and a sewing machine to enable him to open a tailoring shop.

The release of the juvenile has been a matter of debate for sometime now, with the government not too keen to set him free. The Intelligence Bureau had earlier said that the rapist had allegedly been radicalised inside the correction home.

Nirbhaya's parents have expressed grief and opposition over juvenile's release.

"We have failed. Now there is no hope for justice," the parents of the gang-rape victim said. "With each passing day her memories get more intense. But we are not even able to face the memories as we have failed to secure justice for her. And now there is no hope for justice!," the 50-year-old father of the victim added.

The Centre had asked Delhi High Court to extend the observation home stay of the convict. BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had appealed that the juvenile convict should not be released till it is demonstrably assured that he has reformed himself and was not a menace to the society.

The victim, on December 16, 2012, was brutally assaulted by six persons, including the juvenile, in a moving bus in south Delhi. She had later succumbed to her injuries in a Singapore hospital plunging the country into grief.

Today, her parents, in collaboration with women's and citizens groups, will mark the day as Nirbhaya Chetna Divas at Jantar Mantar.
    3 years of Nirbhaya gangrape: Delhi government to help juvenile convict set up tailoring shop : India, News - India Today

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. kiduva21

Country Flag:
    India
    can we assume this way
    victim was hindu, all hindu convicts are dead or sentenced to death (interview with showing face broadcasted by BBC world wide), one Muslim convict who is the primary reason for victims death got only three year punishment and now getting free, no image of him was came in media and now help from govt with Rs 10000 + sewing machine+ shop.

3. kiduva21

Country Flag:
    India
    @Paliwal Warrior is Kejariwal now promoting rape?

Kejriwal’s rehabilitation plan for Nirbhaya's rapist | NewsX

Kejriwal’s rehabilitation plan for Nirbhaya's rapist
    By Shashwat Bhandari
    | Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 17:08

With five days left for the release of convicted juvenile in the 2012 Nirbhaya rape case, the debate over his release is once again getting heated up.

Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal in an effort to rehabilitate the juvenile decided that his government would go ahead and give him Rs 10,000 along with a sewing machine to enable him to open a tailoring shop.

This move has come at a time when a lot of people are not in favour of the juvenile’s release. But the Delhi government seems to be working in tandem with the Juvenile Justice Act.

The very purpose of the Juvenile Justice Act is to reform a person and not to punish a convict for the crime that one has committed. The convict in the Nirbhaya case was subjected to the present Juvenile Justice Act which subjects the juvenile to reformation instead of punishment.

However, the Intelligence Bureau report with regard to this case says that the juvenile has been completely radicalised. Also, BJP leader Subhramanian Swamy's petition is being heard in the Delhi High Court.

Nirbhaya’s mother Asha Devi reacted over his release and said, “He is a danger for the society; hope he will not be released".

Some neighbours in Nirbhaya’s village were also against the juvenile’s release and said his release might encourage him to commit such acts again. Villagers also said that the quantum of the punishment should have been more.

Ahead of the juvenile's release, his mother said, "I am happy that my son is coming back. I am not facing any problem from villagers here. Villagers have helped us build our house... his sisters are burdened to run the house and I have to get them married... My son did commit a sin but he should be forgiven".

Former NCW Chairperson Barkha Shukla Singh spoke on the juvenile’s release and said, "This is absolutely wrong. It was the same AAP party which protested against the then government in Delhi and came into power. We will protest against this move of the Delhi government. We will also approach the President and will request in SC and HC regarding this case".

BJP leader Deepika Sharma also reacted over the AAP govt’s move, “This is a matter of great shame that Kejriwal govt has decided to reward the juvenile for brutalising that girl who fought so bravely and became the symbol for women against atrocities on them. It is a slap on the women of the nation and on Nirbhaya's parents.”

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. The Drdo Guy

The Drdo Guy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

In rarest of rase cases like this their should be some special provision/laws....what this rapist did was crime against humanity and not crime against a women..I wish some one murder him or throw him in frontof train..And regarding him being a muslim and kejariwal helping him.This clearly indicates that why he is doing this, simply to enroll himself in sickular camp....If he really meant to help this rapist by any means he could have done it indirectly but no his only intention is that now that you are not a juvenile anymore come and vote for me and Rape with your adult dik..

5. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

A failure of justice.

The US knows how to deal with such cases, but we don't.

6. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i am all for 2nd chances . but only 3 years seems to little for the crime which is commited . this guy needs to serve jail time in excess of 20 years atleast .

7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    In India. we now have rapists who are Secular or saffron. Secular make mistakes for which they must be pardoned and given a second chance but saffron rapists must be hung.

8. TickTickIndian

TickTickIndian BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    We need a revolution. A bloody one. To teach a lesson to all these rut class Congress.

9. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

it is quiet unfortunate that you choose to see it this way - there are a few counter views too - even if you dont like them just read them and ponder over them - ans share your opinions on it - your opinions are valuable

the below is my personal opinion

1. The person has served the punishment which was given to him under the law at that point of time ( 3 years prison term)
    neither kejriwal was VM not politcally active at that time

2. Even if you dont like it - the 3 years prison term given to this person - it was maximum possible under the law - has the law been changed by the Govt (cong at that time or BJP far the last 2 years ) in this 3 years period ?
    No
    so can we say that both cong and BJP are promoting rape ? - honeslty no

the question you should have asked is - is rehabilitating the correct option to go for ?
    at personal level i think Yes it is right decision - why ?

what is the purpose of Justice ?

is it inducing corrective measures / punishment ? (carrot & stick approach) or is it revenge Middle east style ?
    asnwer this and everything falls in place

if the purpose of justice is to punish and induce corrective measures then lets see
    this person has served the punishment 3 years prison - which was given to hi under the law
    (if you dont like the law or want more term - ask BJP or Central Govt of day to change the law )

now lets come to inducing corrective measures part

it involves giving the person a second chance to prove himslef

once a person has been declared a convict / gone to prision it is very difficult to find acceptability in society

be it socially be it in finding jobs etc

now tell me if a person comes out of prison is reformed (genuinely) and dosent find any employment - what will he do ?
    again go back to crime world (mostly)

is that the purpose fo justice ?
    what the effort done by Kejriwal falls under - trying to providde a means to reestablish the person in society by giving a chance to be not dependent on others for jobs / income to make a new begining

can you honestly say that it is promoting rapes?

secondly ''if the purpose of justice is revenge then lets had out death sentences or punishments middle east style

deth by stoning or castration for rapes
    cutting off hands for theft

etc etc

also one more point

using your logic in another situatiion liike - BJP govt in maharshtra decided to reopen Dance Bars -

the logic being given is Dance Bars girls are finding it difficult to find other jobs and have families to feed who depend on thier income

now we all know that dance bars are also where prostitution happens right

now going by the logic in your question - can we say that BJP govt in Maharshtra is promoting prostitution ?

but lest be practical and sensitive

what girl or women will willingly work in dance bar / prostitution ?
    (there will be few 10-20% for easy money)

also if they want to marry will they get a good match ?
    Will they get a good respectable job / income source / high income chances in other field /

now if a govt comes out with a rehabilitation scheme for such girls / women where in they are given skills / money where they can earn - and get out of this trap
    - should it be welcomed ?

well there are no clear cut answers on this one

I cannot speak about others opinion / your opinion

but i would definitely welcome any such step / move / policy

i hope i have made my points clear

also after your posts there were many comments by other members saying that in western countries etc they know how to deal with this kind of situation

well to thoise people i can only say that they dont now western countries situation real well and they should study it in detail before making such comments

bye have to leve now

but would be glad to take the discussion furthur

10. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

There was nothing wrong with what Kejriwal did. The failure was in the justice system which fails against minors who commit heinous crimes. The US treats specific cases with minors as adults. Many get life sentences. And life in the US means life.

11. The Drdo Guy

@Paliwal Warrior ; You said that it is the duty of BJP govt to ammend laws for such cases.Agreed that the SC can not give punishment which is unconstutional. We live in a democracy and everyone has right to raise his voice. Kejariwal could have gone to protest ,could have expressed his anger on this issue, could have said that If he were the PM he would ammend the laws for such cases to give capital punishment to the culprit.....Congress is busy saving a family, AAP is busy saving its ass from aloo/pyaz chori....Trust me inke bas ki hai na Rajniti, pagal ho k kisi din khud ko hi goli mar lega ...PS i liked him during the movement in Delhi but soon after he become CM and started doing what he had oathed he would not do ,his true character project infornt of my eyes...

12. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I hope you mean political blood.

The Congress will evaporate, no doubt. If you just tarnish their reputation, block off their resources, and deny them the moral high ground, then
    eventually the party will starve off. That means anyone under that banner is politically dead. There will always be some weasels who will attempt to 'adapt & survive'...like switching parties, gathering all the goons under a new banner, or attempt a sex-change even. To avoid such situations the smear campaign has to be selective at a personal/individual level. The aim should be simple : either convicting them on legal grounds or removing them from their political standing by other means.

That is the only way to kill a party.

If actual blood is spilled against a whole political front, it will take national progress & image back by several decades, centuries even. We don't need that kind of bad rep. We have enough as it is.

13. The Drdo Guy

No one kills a retard unless he is not a sucide bomber....There was a news few days back which quoted a congress MP saying Raul G looks every MP who is shouting in the well of parliament.If someone is not shouting loudly he takes his class and teach him how to show your allegiance towards the party...And Now imagine what would be the fate of this country if he becomes PM .....

14. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I was afraid people might take their frustration & anger on the Congress physically :biggthumpup: A few punches, kicks and bottles of black ink hear and there is o.k. but blood spilling is another level. Our land doesn't need to be soaked in congressi blood, they ain't worth it. We have bigger fish to fry.

Edit : It's quite amazing how even after an year of breaking free from congress rule, my personal frustration, anger (hatred, even) of them hasn't gone down one bit. I think I feel repulsed by their very presence/existence.

I am yet to quantify this feeling, and work on myself to realize where all this is rooted.

15. The Drdo Guy

If anything happens to any congressi death/ink attack etc this would be organised by congressi themselves to get a new blood for come back........Your hatered towards them has lessened due to the reason that you are an Indian and Hindu ..Remember Arjuna episode or why go that far Indira gandhi after emergncy and fall of Janta party govt...

Gessler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.