Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

50% subsidy on electric bills upto 400 units permonth in delhi

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by ricky123, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. he-man

he-man Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

to ppl eventually
    punjab has been giving 8 hours free power to farmers for 10 years now,go amd take a look at our fiscal position.its a disaster

1 person likes this.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    They are hand in glove with anti nuke power plant lobby funded by US CIA and also openly stated so by the PM of India. their aim is clear, somehow keep india weak by creating and maintaining political unstability. This guy AK is being funded by ford foundation is known to everyone and the protest in TN against nuke plant had more to do with India doing nuke biz with russia instead of US rather than safety aspect.
    Subsidy makes for a nikammi society and that is what has been the trick of whitemen in India ever since they came here. They have always tried to kill local expertise by either depriving education and increasing exploitation or by feeding opium to people like they did in china. Subsidy is similar to opium it makes an entire nation sick and a nation of useless retards as they lose will to achieve higher education and status in life since they are being given free food to just survive on the margins of human society. This sytem creates a neo feudal structure where you have a very big difference between rich and poor and destroys the growth of middle class who are the real driving force of economic properity in the world in any society.
    What do you think is bringing people from US to India? it is not our economy nor our growth but our middle class which is the real market and much bigger than even chinese.

3. he-man

i will disagree here

they are not foreign funded

They are indeed sincere people but with leftist leanings and thats what worries me.I saw the bhushan's comment on tv yesterday and i was like,,,,wtf??

If they continue this sort of policy they will ruin this country.

4. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    as i said before there is a rationale behind this .... as it is mentioned the Gov will only be paying 61cr for this subsidy ...which is not a hugh amount considering 28 lakh families will directly benefit from this ...for the first time we have a Gov which is working for the people lets not discourage them ..i get ur concern of the subsidies but subsidy is being provided for essential commodities which people need ...
    Europe and America also have a culture of Social security .do u think they are wrong ??? do u know how much the gov loses in mismanagement of fund and curruption ? if AAP can reduce this then the schemes which AAP has introduced can be managed easily ..
    i am too against subsidies but when it is provided for important things like water and electricity then i have no complains ..
    the Food subsidy bill is the worst which cong introduced but the neither the BJP nor the CoNG had any problems with it ?? so why they crying foul now ???

maybe Vstol jockey can shed some light on why BJP supported the FOOD subsidy bill which will really put a burden on our entire country ?

5. brahmos_ii

brahmos_ii Major SENIOR MEMBER

One thing i'm not clear, what is the purchasing cost for 1unit of current by Delhi Gov, what is the slab <400unit for the consumers of Delhi.

what about fuel surcharge for the electricity generation

In general if gov is buying current through wind energy firms then it is not less than Rs. 3.5, if is solar then it is not less than Rs. 7, if it is Nuclear it costs Rs. 5 to 12, if is conventional then it will be around Rs. 4

let say current power charges for slab 200 to 400 units is Rs. 5.80 that means for 399 units it will be 399*5.80 is Rs. 2314.2

for buying the say gov has to spend on avg of 4.87 per unit that means 399*4.87 is 1945.125 so from where 50% is subsidy is coming and from where salary for emp. distribution companies are coming from...

1 person likes this.
  6. he-man

The problem is if AAP stands for lok sabha they may want to implement these subsidies nationwide.

while foodgrains are controlled 100% by the govt so they can afford to pay the subsidies(although its a blunder) but power generation is both govt conrolled and private.How will they tame the private groups??they are there for profits and once u stop those u will have no one willing to invest at all.

I have very high hopes with AAP but they must stop this.Water if fine,pretty cheap but power rate reduction is impossible and impractical too.

7. ricky123

Country Flag:
    India
    i have respect for u as a senior member of this Forum ...plz do not make baseless allegation unless u can prove it ... it is true that AAP is supporting the Anti-nuke plant Movement ,but that doesnt mean they are working for CIA ...

P.S in Pakistan who ever does something good is either called indian Agent or CIA agent . i hope we stay away from that culture

1 person likes this.
  8. ricky123

Country Flag:
    India
    The power company wont lose money ..if someone gets a bill from TATA power for 100rs then delhi gov will pay 50rs to tata on the consumers Behalf ... but once the Audit is done the rates will be checked if they are Fair or not ... for example .many coal mines were given by manmohan to companies on dirt cheap rates so that they can give cheap power to people ..but those companies charged a lot of money from the consumers and made hugh profits ..... so that is the reason this audit is been done

and also to note this will be first time any power company will be audited by CAG ... till now they have been doing what they want .

9. he-man

i am sure the bill will not reduce,certainly not by a factor of 50%,,,maybe 10-20% yes.

but its very difficult to annoy private players.if they can manage some rate cut without subsidy i will welcome it

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Who funds Ford Foundation and for what? Did PM of India not state that anti nuke protests in TN are being funded by foriegn powers thru NGO funding? What wrong did I state here?
    Manmohan criticises NGOs for protests in Kudankulam - The Hindu
    PM blames American NGOs for Kudankulam power plant protests | NDTV.com
    I do not make statements out of my mind. Pls read these links and than revert.

11. he-man

u are right here,there is something fishy in protests being held at that site but i believe that it has nothing to do with AAP.

more like with fools like medha patkar who will oppose anything sensible in this world,foolish lady.

12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Pls understand how these things work. They create specific units for a particular job and than they bring them together to create a big picture. The aim of ford foundation and CIA is to stop India from having a strong leader who can't be dictated but can dictate terms to them. With china against US, last thing they wud want is to lose India. USA has always propped up dictators or very weak leaders to create anarchy in the states which it thinks are crucial for its policy in the world. maximum amount of funding of AAP came from abroad and if you go to the details of those guys you will find max has come from US while US has the least number of indian expat population compared to UK & Canada.

13. he-man

i am sorry,i am far too well read to believe in such conspiracy theories,no offence intended.

but i agree with u the activists actually protesting at the site are mainly paid ppl as the plant is russian.
    thats the only explanation that could be drawn

14. brahmos_ii

brahmos_ii Major SENIOR MEMBER

Okay as you say AAP is a Mr. Nice Guy, in general talk can you clear the air how AAP joined with the same party he hold for corruption and formed Gov in Delhi...

15. he-man

do u think they have done a deal with congress??

1)why is there no congress mla as minister??
    2)why are they refusing bunglows??security??lal batti??

there is a fair share of negativity on AAP,they have weak points but they are not career politicians,its for all to see.
    all are ppl who left their job for this,and for what??

they are certainly not making a single paisa illegally so pls tell me whats the motive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.