Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

50% subsidy on electric bills upto 400 units permonth in delhi

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by ricky123, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tintin

tintin FULL MEMBER

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

That's pretty funny as it reminded me of a joke... please don't take this personally but will illustrate a point.

Teacher to student: So do you know the answer to the question # 3 in the homework?
    Student: Yes.
    Teacher: Ok so what's the answer; please enlighten the class with your knowledge.
    Student: <Partly answers the question; which is a list of points> and then says the rest is "etc, etc"

The point I make is if you are posting a point / counterpoint, please support your post with appropriate data. "Searching google" is not good enough.

As far as Kejriwal himself is concerned, he had nothing to gain by entering politics. I followed it pretty closely; in fact if you want to compare his actions as "being populist for the sake of gaining power"; why is the current crop of politician's not being transparent?

1 person likes this.
  2. he-man

he-man Captain SENIOR MEMBER

i hope u are not referring to me as an idiot as i am well capable of reciprocating this gesture:terrorist:

3. he-man

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

yes this it true.

unfortunately the web is full of modi sevaks who don't see anything beyond him.
    in 2014 i will too vote for modi as india needs stability but that does not exonerate him from all the critisisms.??!!

can modi field clean candidates??
    can modi tell where the bjp's 900 crore donations came from??
    can he promise a lokpal bill where even pm comes under purview,cbi is indipendent??

no,he cannot do that

4. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

AAP led the public up a rosy garden path. I estimate my water bill will actually increase. As for electricity, a pandora's box has been opened and it will be opened further. Reduced rates with subsidies is no real reduction. after all subsidy has be made good from some enhanced taxes or a begging bowl to centre.

People will get a shock when they get the next energy bills.

5. avinash.jain

avinash.jain REGISTERED

Summary of new schemes:

An aam aadmi can save a maximum of 420(electricity) + 240 (water) = Rs 660/- per month per family with implementation of two big promises and that too in rush of projecting themselves as hero in such a small time. However an aam aadmi instead of saving can also end up paying more for the water bills...

Jaago Grahak Jaago..

I was surprised that when I figured out the mathematics with the present rates, that came out to just 19.74% change and not 50% which is shown by all the media channels.

Consumption upto 200 units bill should be:

[Fixed Charges] (100) +[Energy Charge, 200*3.90] (780) +[surcharge,880*.08](70.4) + [electricity tax,780*1.08*.05](42.12) = Rs. 992.52/-

Before CM announcment: 992.52 - [present subsidy,1.20](240) = Rs. 752.52/-

After CM Annoucement : 992.52 - [CM subsidy,1.95] (390) = Rs. 602.52/-

% benefit after 50% subsidy announcement = [(752.52 - 602.52)/752.52] *100 = 19.93%

Consumption from 201 units to 400 units, on 400 units bill should be:

[Fixed Charges] (100) +[Energy Charge, 200*3.90 + 200*5.80] (1940) +[surcharge,2040*.08](163.20) + [electricity tax,1940*1.08*.05](104.76) = Rs. 2307.96/-

Before CM announcement: 2307.96 - [present subsidy,0.80](160) = Rs. 2147.96/-

After CM Announcement : 2307.96 - [CM subsidy,2.90] (580) = Rs. 1727.96/-

% benefit after 50% subsidy announcement = [(2147.96 - 1727.96)/2147.96] *100 = 19.55%

So on an average you will get benefit of 19.74% on your bill if your energy consumption is up to 400 units only.

If more than 400 units per month, the same rates prevails as you were paying earlier.

In simple terms, If you are consuming more than 400 units, you will not get any discount.

So, please don't get misguided by media that your bill will get halved in subsequent months.

Please share this post on your wall if you want to.

Happy New Year! Cheers! :)

-Avinash Jain

6 people like this.
  6. rcscwc

There are too many etc AK is giving. Will he himself pay for subsidies or levy taxes or gom to centre for defraying the bill? Anyway, you and me will pay for them, and through our collective and individual noses.

What has Modi got to gain from politics? Nothing. What is Manohar Parrikar getting personally from politics? Nothing.

AK is not the only white swan among kala kawas.

1 person likes this.
  7. he-man

as much a i like modi there is no comparison between him and kejriwal,sorry

8. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    guys keep personal attacks out of this.. we have politicians to abuse. right?
    now on providing fact and figures.. those who are new here...these things has been debated a lot of time here and so most of old members assume that everytime the debate come up again people knows a lof of things from last one .. so they say the conclusions and not start from 0 every time...

I suggest to you all to provide a little bit important data everytime so every new comer can understand it and all my dear new members.. use Google and not only to find what these old are saying but to counter it too... what's the point of debate if its not hot.

on khujliwala and his party AAP... these 2 decision are brilliant... and I say that they are most brilliant and this is because they had shown a new way to politicians to fool the people. now the people are more divided.. and more confused. I had no seen such brilliant ways to fool people from quite a long time and for this khujliwala deserve my congratulations.

now why I think of this:-

1. I had earlier said in some other threads that I will believe on him only when he will prove himself up to the mark.. but he has not.. he had promised free water to whole delhi.. nowhere he had mentioned who will get it and who will not. now from where he had got the vote to com into power.. from those people who are forced to live with tankers and their limited supply.. I have no idea how many of you had lived in delhi but I lived there and that is a city of millionaires and poors. those 10 lac houses with water meter are those who are from at least upper middle-class.. and those don't get affected with this free water.. khujliwala could have claimed a charge for every water drop it gives to them and they had not been bothered.. the water problem is with poor and with those who are living in illegal colonies and they all are got cheated.

if any one of you want to tell me that he is honest and so he is different.. then you people seriously need to learn about politics.. its not about being honest its about being efficient, man of word and then honest... he had promised to give free water to all of delhi and now he had left almost 75% of delhi out of it... if you ask me I am not shocked as I already aware that he is a crook.. its a wake up call for you.

and same goes with the electricity.. he had not promised slabs there but now he is doing it in slabs.
    this will be new things for several who had been ignorant to politics because they thought it can do nothing for nation( which I am not totally against) and now with Facebook, media and gandhi-like anshans has created a illusion for them and with their simple hearts in these matters they had believed in it and think these are the things which are happening first time in India and this is the change... the sad part is the crooks of AAP know it too and they are misusing the guys like you.

a lot of claimed that this has happened in india for first time that a one year old party has won so many seats even our pathetic media and thats really frustrating because a simple google search can reveal more then this... and I know you people consider telling you search google as a run away so I tell you little and then suggest you to search it on google to know all. these political miracles has happened before too:-

1. TDP and its leader ramarao( may be name I am missing, he is father in law of chandrababu naydu) and this has been done when media was not so far reachable.
    2. my favorite is Assam gan parishad and its leader Ahant.. they had formed a party in october, went into election in december and had made government with clear mandate from people rather then coming 2nd and even won7 out of 14 LS seats.

now on these free bees.. please study the free rice policy and even color TV scheme of both tamil parites. anntoyadya yojyna of chhatishgarh, free electricity offer in most of southern stats and even in norther states to formers( punjab, uttar pradesh etc)

on AAP members being simple and down to earth please try to know about mohan pariker(CM-GOA) and Pawan Kumar Chamling(CM-goa), even there were sahib sigh(EX-CM, Delhi) who had went to hiss office several time on cycle and scooter.

so my friends just because you don't know doesn't mean these things never happened or new...AAP and its leader are crook and you all will see it... now to learn more please google and if you need more facts and figures without googleing or to check me.. please ask and I will tell... now let this debate run on civil way... or I will become uncivil and thats not a good thing :lol:
    [MENTION=6253]vstol jockey[/MENTION] bro... mild you attack.. let them know rather then considering that they know.. a lot of people are new and they have their rights or doing mistakes as we had.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    4 people like this.
  9. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

thanks for this.. its a real good work done by you :tup:

1 person likes this.
  10. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

can you provide the detailed calculations for water also ?

11. rcscwc

None. Modi is aam poor man, AK is trying to show he is. Modi has lived poverty as life, for AK it is a new life style. Modi was studying with a candle, AK went to a public school, Modi did his BA and MA along with tuitions, AK had enough money to pay for IIT education.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  12. he-man

wow,u are super ignorant i may say.

do u even know how much fees iit charges,go check that out and then introspect what u just said.

as i said earlier,internet is filled with modi bhakts

1 person likes this.
  13. Sam_

Sam_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

you are talking about country toughest education system and for even getting in IIT colleges you have to pass entrance exam and then questioning it's fees structure which is the cheapest in whole India comparing it's education level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now lets see what's BA fees

[​IMG]

Now you can see BA tuition fees is 14,500 where IIT tuition fees is much less compared to BA.

So giving IIT example as higher paid education system is just plain stupid.

2 people like this.
  14. he-man

thanks for waking these modi bhakts up

15. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    if im not wrong he did say that 50% will be subsidy ? so who is going end up paying those subsidies ? bhagwan, aalah ya fir gesus uncle ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.