Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

50% subsidy on electric bills upto 400 units permonth in delhi

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by ricky123, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. he-man

he-man Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

the fact of the matter is he is not that rich as u are portraying

his wife works inthe irs and he has been unemployed for a while now.
    then he has 2 kids too

do u really think he is earning as an upper middle class man??this is just a waste of forum space but yes its a free country so u have a right to express ur point just as i have mine

2. Sam_

Sam_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

maybe something to do with this

[​IMG]

I see vote bank politics to gain sympathy of poor people( Surprisingly it's not new strategy but his tactics are new)

3. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

He definitely trying so hard not to look rich that he comes out a phony.

1 person likes this.
  4. he-man

my god

is he rich by any yardstick??:facepalm:

5. rcscwc

Something suspicious there. Just 8-10 years of service and Rs 2 crore [declared].

Anyway he definitely sounds a phony.

2 people like this.
  6. he-man

u are a conspiracy theorist.
    i hate to say again but u are wasting ur and everyone's time

1 person likes this.
  7. rcscwc

His power bill reduction is phony. Upto 200 units, it was already subsidised. What innovative idea has he given? None. Increasing subsidies is not innovative.

DistComs have already reduced their electricity losses quite a lot, which DESU could not do. Options for bill reductions are few for a CM of a demi/hemi/semi state like Delhi. Another way is to reduce taxes on electricity. Can he do it?

There are many factors influencing the price of electricity. Fuel, capital cost [going north, land is so hard to get], wages of personnel [they too pay increased prices of commodities], distribution costs etc. None of these is in the hands of any CM. Solution is at national level.

What has he done? Just enhanced the culture of subsidy.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

First of all, I'm not ur teacher...

secondly, do u really want me to explicitly provide a list of subsidies provided by the congress govt. ??

were u there b4 the 2009 LS elections....hv u ever heard of the loan waiver. how many rupees subsidy is provided to haj tourists.??? the so-called hindutwa-wadi BJP govt. increased that even more.........so do not pretend like AAP is the only one providing subsidies.

1 person likes this.
  9. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

His main objective should be to implement a cost reduction of electricity bills only after an audit, That is, if he found out that the Power companies are duping people, if not then, the price of power should be honored as much as it costs. Business forms the backbone of an economy, and its done for profit not for charity.

The point is he is just making sure that congress digs its own grave if they decide to withdraw support of their MLAs or even create hurdle for AAP in the Government. His populist approach seems temporary to counter congress (steel cuts steel, populist cuts populist ), but if he continues this leftist BULL$HIT he needs to be shown the door. !!!

3 people like this.
  10. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

really when you had last checked the fees?

check the link its 57k+Fee Structure :: Undergraduate :: Programmes :: Academics :: IIT Patna

now BA fees is quite low.

and to do a BA frm your city college means just fee+books(most from library) and thats it.

to do a B.tech from IIT means fees, mess fee, hostel fee, books which are quite costly, practical related things, computer and other devices and several other expenses( and please don't debate with me on this I am an engg. and know muc better then most of you what is the cost of being an engg.)

@rcwrcs was mention this when he compered and then comes the coaching fees too which is quite high.. so please in your blind support to khujliwala don't leave logic behind... and to @he-men we are not modi bhaktas.. we are his supporter because we believe that he can bring the change and development which is our due and if he will not do that.. we will be first to kick him.. its a conditional support... now most of people don't have guts to say right as right.. rest assure we have.

next time come out with real data rather then trying to fool somebody.

2 people like this.
  11. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

Tata Power welcomes move to provide power subsidy

Tata Power welcomes move to provide power subsidy - The Hindu

Tata Power on Wednesday welcomed Delhi Government’s announcement of providing 50 per cent subsidy on power consumption up to 400 units, saying it was a “good move” which will provide relief to majority of the consumers in the city.

“It is a good move from the point of view of consumers. It will provide them relief. I welcome the decision by the government,” Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd (TPDDL) CEO Pravir Sinha told PTI.

Delivering on yet another poll promise, the Aam Aadmi government on Tuesday announced a 50 per cent subsidy on power consumption up to 400 units in Delhi, which will benefit around 28 lakh of the total 35 lakh consumers in the city.

When asked about Government’s move to order CAG scrutiny of the finances of the three private power distribution companies, Mr. Sinha chose not to comment but said TPDDL will comply with the law.

He, however, said TPDDL was responding to government’s directive of making their stand clear on the CAG scrutiny of the companies.

“If the law of the land demands that (the CAG audit), we will definitely comply with the directive. We will comply with all the statutory and administrative laws and regulations,” Mr. Sinha said.

TPDDL supplies power to 13 lakh consumers in North and North West parts of Delhi. The other two companies -- BSES Yamuna Power Ltd and BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd -- supply power in rest of the areas in the city except areas under jurisdiction of New Delhi Municipal Corporation.

Asked whether Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission will be under pressure not to hike electricity rates even if power purchase cost by distribution companies goes up due to rise in cost of fuel such as coal and gas, Mr. Sinha said the regulatory commission is “very independent” and it will take correct decisions.

The DERC is likely to begin this month the tariff revision process for the year 2014-15.

1 person likes this.
  12. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

The subsidy ensures their profit there is no point in opposing it how ever if they are open to audit also, I think Reliance and Anil Ambani might be feeling quite uneasy..!

2 people like this.
  13. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Actually they will be more happy cuz it improves thier rating to AAA ... if u see today REl and tata power shares are gone up ..
    the thing is before they had to recover the money from the poor people but now with the subsidy the Delhi Gov pays them..Delhi Gov has more then 3900cr Rs in its Kitty .. that makes it a good customer and improves the Credit of power companies ..
    the Down side for power companies is the Audit

i do not understand why this BJP Keyboard Warriors are making a big Deal out of this ...
    the 50% subsidy will benefit 28 lakh families ,, isnt it better then giving out Free laptops ???

Are you guys Telling me that BJP or the CONG has never come out with FreeBees ????

the real reason these modi supporters are getting nervous is Cuz they think AAP will Eat in the Votes of AntiCong just like it did in Delhi ..... and now they are Shit Scared ... BJP did a internal Survey and found AAP will Dent thier vote share

but Did u know BJP doesnt even Contest elections from 200 out 572 constituency ?

Did u know that 30% of AAP supports will Support Modi in 2014 elections ? which includes me ...

there are many things to debate about this new party AAP i want to give them a chance and see how they perform rather then criticise them from the start ....

1 person likes this.
  14. he-man

what about bjp subsidies in madhya pradesh,chattisgarh??

what about free power to farmers in punjab where bjp has alliance with akalis??

all the parties are same in this regard but 50 % rate cut or free power for all in total bullshit tactic by the AAP

15. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

do u know how much it will cost to Gov ? only 61 cr ..
    the total cost of providing this subsidy is 200cr out which 139 Cr will be provided by the power companies which owes money 4500crs to Delhi Gov ...so only 61cr is what gov will pay which will benefit 28 lakh Familys i say that is a good deal ....plus u also have to see that this subsidy is not permanent ... they said this will remain only till the audit is done ...and maybe after the audit when the power charges are revised they wont need to give subsidy... but the reason they are doing it now..cuz AAP Feels that Cong may pull out the support anytime .... so i would say this is a good political move ,,,it puts congs in a soup ..now if it doesnt support on them on the Floor of the house then atleast AAP can say we tried

Also to remind u this is the very First time a audit will be done of power companies ..till today they inflated the bills as much as they wanted ...i and hate releiance more ...TATA is atleast a bit honest ...

my neighbor has TATA and i have REL ..i get 40% more bill then him ... even though he uses AC and shit ....and i hardly use AC that much

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.