Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

50% subsidy on electric bills upto 400 units permonth in delhi

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by ricky123, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

http://www.indiandefence.com/forums...ins-capability-air-chief-says.html#post369246

Reliance the chor company since 1966

2. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Re: AAP's New Year gift to Delhiites - electricity charges slashed by 50% in lower sl

You are right. Subsidies have been there. Loan waiver [twice], waiver of many other dues, free electricity and water for irrigation. Who pays? Me from my meagre pension.

AAP has taken just a bit further. If subsidy is the way out, then we hardly need AK and his big ideas [and bigger head].

Populism begets populism. Had AAP really some courage it should have taken HARD decisions, not the easy one of subsidy.

2 people like this.
  3. rcscwc

That exactly is the point, cost reduction.

Good he is digging the grave of cong, but is he not dragging us too in that grave?

Populism is NEVER temporary. It takes a strong political will to repudiate it. Has AK got that WILL? It looks like NO.

4. he-man

he-man Captain SENIOR MEMBER

u aremissing the point completely
    subsidy sucks whether rs 1 or 1 crore

1 person likes this.
  5. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=9296]ricky123[/MENTION] .... seriously all you come up with BJP Keyboard warrior... what you exactly mean by that... if you are trying to say that we are paid.. then its a personal insult and blame which either you have to prove or you will be the target of backslash and that time I hope you will not cry personal insult thing.

there is one simple thing we don't believe Khujliwala nor anything he is doing.. if he will be proved right we will say sorry and will support him but just because we like a leader and don't like another one you can't put all on us.

2nd thing IDF has no active congress supporters right now.. there were few but none active right now... so all you debate is going to be with BJP supporters.

now it will be quite beneficial if you will stay with debate and do it rather then doing all the attacks.. maintain the decorum.. its not a hard thing right?

3 people like this.
  6. he-man

7. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    those who have house, fridge and tv and still cry for subsidy are modern bhikairis :hmm:

2 people like this.
  8. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Today congress is losing inspite of freebies doles and subsidies ... which shows that people dont want freebies they want an opportunity to earn more and spend ( pay for and get ) on facilites and get best services.

People want opportunites, enabling infra and atmosphere, Growth and Development

maybe you dont beleive me ............fine

Also saying that congress is and has given subsidies dosnt justify AAP giving subsidies on two counts

1. you cannot justify wrong thing done by you by pointing out or comparing to wrong done by others
    2. IT is after great difficulty that our central and state government and public have started moving away from the idea of freebies and subsidies .... Now what this will do is turn the clock back
    3. AAP has said that they are different kind of party than BJP and Congress, party with a difference - so if they are going to do what congress and BJP used to do or are doing in some parts of the country now - where is the difference - where is the good governance

9. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

congress supporters ( or rather lack of them ) on this forum is not a thing out of the blue ..........they are being inactive and leaving congress all across the country ..........so the situation on this forum is not surprising

congress supporters ( or rather lack of them ) on this forum is not a thing out of the blue ..........they are being inactive and leaving congress all across the country ..........so the situation on this forum is not surprising

10. rcscwc

[MENTION=9296]ricky123[/MENTION]
    You cannot approve of freebies by AAP and yet condemn those by Cong or BJP. In fact, BJP has given almost no freebies. On the contrary, BJP was much successful in containing price rise.

Political dishonesty of AAP was that it promised 50% reduction in energy rates, but not telling that it planned SUBSIDIES. With that BJP or Cong too could have promised 50%, but BJP promised a much more realistic 30% reduction, though I feel even that would be very tough.

Free 700 L of water ie 20 kl PM, too looks a bit inequitable. upto 20 kl nil, but a ton of bricks fall on your head if it is 21 KL. Reasonable will be 20 KL free across the board and additional above that should to be priced. That is real reduction.

11. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Well lets Wait and Watch and We will know if AAP has done something right or wrong ... also to other people who think i am supporting AAP ... i should let u know that i am supporting the Gov which is working for people ..... Water and Electricity as natural resources and every indian ... Taxpaying or not taxpaying has a right on them ....
    [MENTION=7118]Himanshu Pandey[/MENTION]
    the Keyboard Warriors means people who fight on internet by posting comments on social media ... it doesnt mean your paid to do that....
    P.S i am a Keyboard Warrior too ...

@vstol jockey

MAhatama Gandhi Said the First Right on our national Treasure is that of the poorest person on our country .....

Yes your a Taxpayer but that doesnt mean that people who dont pay taxes are not entitled for any benefits .... we are all indians and our problems need to be resolved by the GOV wheather we are tax payers or just poor people ....

just go and ask the poor people living in the Slums .would they preffer to live a in plush building but they have to pay taxes ... they would all say Yes ......

Nobody is Poor by Choice .... if there are illegal slums or colonies in delhi then the GOV needs to arrest those people who constructed those colonies ..... and just to remind you that BJP and CONG both are supporting this MOVE .....(to Regularize illegal colonies)

If half of delhi doesnt have meter for Water then this free water will encourage them to get meters legally ....

i think there has been enough debate over this now ... all we can do is wait and watch .....

12. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    i hope you heard the speech of AK in delhi assembly today? he agreed that his freebies will not get any benefit to slum dwellers and poor people and in his view only middle class is aam admi while for bjp poorest are aam admi. The benefit of free water will be restricted to just 4.5 lakh people as accepted by him also and that too with ten percent higher rate of water.
    he had launched a tirade against the electricity supply companies and they are the ones who welcomed the decision of subsidy. On one hand you talk of fast running electric meters and on the other hand you want to doll out subsidy to electricity distribution companies based on the billing from those very fast meters. It appears that AK is dalal of these discoms as he his decision to give more subsidy has benefitted the discoms the most.
    There may be a case in HC of delhi about audit of discoms but the DERC act says that meters can be checked at any time. Why did he not wait to get meters checked before giving out the subsidy? it is simple dear, he is acting on behalf of discoms and not aam admi.
    Pls do a search on youtube, you might get to hear what Dr Harshvardhan said and what AK said and decide for yourself. Your quote of another cheat of India Mr. MK Gandhi will fall flat on you.

13. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=9296]ricky123[/MENTION], how can parasites of society be allowed to have first right on nations finances. They contribute nothing while they turn middle class into poor people thru burden of taxes.

14. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=9296]ricky123[/MENTION] we are not keyboard warriors including you.. we are free indians with our own set of values, beliefs and thinking process.

all I want is do debate in respected manner... and yes only future will tell if AAP is a boon or bane.

15. he-man

i think when in power AAP may realize that subsidy sucks forlong term aspects and change the direction.

other thing is that they need to clarify on

1)maoists
    2)kashmir
    3)nuclear power
    4)defence-----i fear they will completely ignore it citing it as wasteful

i think u are taking it too seriously,,,i think we need to look for another couple of weeks to pass the judgement.
    lets not be too harsh here,it has been hardly 3 days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.