Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

AAP New developments

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by layman, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Devil

Devil Captain SENIOR MEMBER

more and more you go into it you find aap to be a joke kejriwal to be a faker a liar basically a typical politician. he manipulated people more and more and still is

2. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    YES, the Delhi people now start to realize more, but the AAP members are so blind faithed, does remind me of the AMWAY agents trying to convince of big profits when the guy does not earn anything himself but tells you rosy stories about earnings of others, who even he does not know

3. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    AAP’s political immaturity can cost Indians abroad dearly

The unpleasant episode of the former Law Minister of Delhi from AAP, taking the law into his own hands during a very unpopular so-called raid, casts doubts in the minds of Indians about if the party really has an understanding of India’s foreign affairs and its relations with Africa and if it will be able to handle the complex foreign policy environment given its lack of experience and the immaturity of some of its leaders. Sadly, in the case of Ugandan women, the attempts at populism and ‘here comes the superman to save India’ approach have been portrayed as vindication for the antics by our worthy ex Minister.

Later, it seemed that perpetrators turned themselves into saviours asking for safety for the Ugandan women when the whole episode turned against them. What’s stranger than the act itself is saying that “Ugandan Women don’t trust their own High Commission†and hence the ‘Messiah’ act. It’s odd to think that the victims would favour a political party with a populist agenda over their own high commission.

The whole episode, at its peak a few weeks ago, got so serious that India had to provide an apology to Ambassadors of twenty nations. This has been an unprecedented event in the history of India and has caused much embarrassment to a proud country that had historically walked shoulder-to-shoulder with Africa against apartheid and in non-aligned-movement.

This is an early warning

There are millions of Indians and people of Indian origin living in Africa with more than one million in South Africa alone. Many of them, having lived for years in African nations, call Africa home. What needs to be remembered is that the colour of our skin still gives away our Indian origin. We may have been welcomed by our hosts and prospered, become business leaders with most very well-to-do, but this prosperity has social undercurrents depending on the respective size of the Indian population in a particular African country. Immigrants are rarely taken in as one’s own – no matter which country you go to.

The unwelcome episode of a particular individual seeking populist points and glory by terrorising foreign women in the Capital, calling them prostitutes within days after their arrival in India (January 17 to be precise), all to compensate for lack of political wisdom and maturity will have a far-reaching impact on Indian communities settled in Africa. One cannot expect an average African to understand why a new political party turned racist and hunted for African women in city of 10 million in the middle of a very cold night. Beats me as a listener and will be equally discomforting for anyone hearing it thousands of miles away.

Lessons to be learnt

What’s in store for Indians in Africa? Should an incident like this occur again? No one can dispute the poverty levels in Africa and a huge population that is unemployed, waiting for next meal, or to take up a worthy cause.

Anyone trying to take advantage of such a situation may start targetting Indian communities on one pretext or the other. With elections looming in any of the countries, it can become a hot topic and easily paint the entire community in a bad light and lead to unimaginable results.

One cannot forget the times of Idi Amin when thousands of Indians in Uganda had to flee the country losing hard-earned money and with harm to families and property. India at that time could only severely condemn the act and cut off diplomatic ties in protest but people of Indian origin lost more than what meets the eye. It took years for people to just go back and many more years to re-habilitate, rebuild businesses and respect in local communities.

At that time, we were wronged and could hold our heads high as an aggrieved community ill treated in a foreign land but more such dramatics by seekers of cheap fame will have far-reaching impact on the lives of Indians who will have no moral voice left, to say nothing of the ‘messiahs’ sitting in Delhi, to save them.

I sincerely hope these “millions of non-voting Indians†are also treated with political respect and dignity they deserve!

AAP?s political immaturity can cost Indians abroad dearly | Niti Central

1 person likes this.
  4. layman

layman Colonel THINK TANK

Country Flag:
    United States
    Re: AAP’s political immaturity can cost Indians abroad dearly

AAP is a Directionless Party... No point in taking their words seriously...

Pity the voters. They have been promised fantasy land and rule, yet we are in presidential Rule now... A good and stern party will punch through the Rood blocks ad find ways to execute their ideology, these guys are at the best hanging their towels for no reason than not.

1 person likes this.
  5. Soumya

Soumya Major SENIOR MEMBER

Auto-rickshaw drivers refuse to back Kejriwal, accuses him of betrayal

New Delhi, Feb 20: A group of auto-rickshaw drivers on Thursday said they would not extend any further support to Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, while accusing him of "betraying" their cause and not taking any steps for their betterment.

"Arvind Kejriwal, who had won the elections because of the support of the auto drivers, has betrayed them by not fulfilling any of the promises made before the elections", Rakesh Agarwal, Secretary of 'Nyay-Bhumi' auto union, said at a press conference here today.

"In his 49-days in government Kejriwal did not take any step to ensure betterment in the condition of auto drivers," said Agarwal, who claimed that the union has more than 10,000 members.

The auto drivers accused Kejriwal of not working for their betterment Agarwal, flanked by a group of auto drivers, claimed that Kejriwal had promised certain steps to ensure a better life for the auto-drivers in the capital but none of them were implemented.

According to the union, the AAP government had promised to help auto rickshaw drivers get rid of the finance-mafias, to ensure an income of atleast Rs 25,000 per month to every auto driver, improvement in the fare-structure, action against seizure of the vehicle by police and 5,500 new permits for the Delhi-NCR region, but none of the promises was transformed into reality.

They also said that before elections Kejriwal had always criticised the GPS system installation saying that it is just a step to benefit the companies, but after acquiring the Chief Minister's seat, he was also supportive of it. "GPS is monitored by DIMTS (Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System) whose audit has recently been ordered by the Kejriwal government suspecting corruption.

How can he be in favour of GPS installation which will be monitored by DIMTS?" Agarwal said. The union also said that many auto drivers were supposed to be enrolled for the Rashtriya Swsathya Bima Yojana. The proposal was pending before the Delhi Government which did not take any steps. The union has now decided to approach Lt Governor Najeeb Jung requesting him to fulfil their demands. We are even ready to approach High Court if the need arises," said Agarwal.

Read more at: Auto-rickshaw drivers refuse to back Kejriwal, accuses him of betrayal - News Oneindia

6. Soumya

Tribal leader Soni Sori, ex-Infy CFO Bala join AAP

[​IMG]

NEW DELHI: Tribal activist Soni Sori, who was recently released on bail by Supreme Court, has joined Aam Aadmi Party along with former Infosys board member, V Balakrishnan.

One of the cases against Sori involves allegations that in September, 2011, she acted as a courier to deliver funds to Maoists from a firm as "protection money". She has been acquitted in five other cases filed against her.

"I was never interested in politics. I wanted to live a normal life. But the torture and atrocities in police custody changed my entire outlook and thought process.

"Now I want to contest elections and through AAP I want to transform the system," Sori said in a post on the party's Facebook page.

AAP, however, is yet to make an announcement about handing Sori an election ticket with the party having earlier dismissed any talk of her planning to contest as its Lok Sabha poll candidate from Bastar in Chhattisgarh.

Referring to former Infosys CFO V Balakrihsnan's decision to enlist as an AAP member, the party added in the post that, "After stepping down as board member of software behemoth Infosys recently, creating ripples in the corporate circles, Bala has joined AAP."

"He (Bala) spent over two decades at Infosys, where he assumed a number of roles, including chief financial officer, board member and, most recently, the head of its India business unit, BPO and Finacle."

Former defence personnel Lt Gen (Retd) HS Panag and Lt Gen (Retd) TK Chadha, too, joined the party along with BL Vohra, a retired 1967-batch IPS officer of the Manipur-Tripura Cadre.

Tribal leader Soni Sori, ex-Infy CFO Bala join AAP - The Economic Times

7. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

AAP ne ye kya kiya??
    sari uumido pe pani pher diya :tongue1:

8. Soumya

We should remain non-violent: Arvind Kejriwal after FIR against AAP's Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi

[​IMG]

New Delhi: Prominent Aam Aadmi Party leaders Ashutosh and Shazia Ilmi have been charged with rioting and damaging public property in a first information report or FIR filed in connection with the pitched street battle between supporters of AAP and those of the BJP in the capital on Wednesday.

Fourteen people, all AAP supporters, have been arrested. The police said all those named in the FIR face arrest. The FIR charges no BJP leader or worker.

Here are the latest developments in this story:

The FIR accuses the AAP leaders and supporters of initiating the clash outside the BJP headquarters in the heart of Delhi, in which 28 people were injured. It lists charges of rioting, preventing public servants from performing their duty, damaging public property and causing hurt.

AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal, who began Day 2 of his tour of Gujarat, said this morning about the FIR, "They will do this, we have to be prepared. But I maintain that we should remain non-violent." He had made a public appeal last evening for his supporters to stay calm. "For any role that our workers played in this evening's violence, I offer my apology," he had added. (Read)

The violence on Wednesday broke out after AAP workers gathered at the BJP's Delhi office to protest against Mr Kejriwal's brief detention by the police in Radhanpur town of BJP-ruled Gujarat.

Journalist-turned-politician Ashutosh, who will contest the general elections next month, was seen climbing the gate of the BJP office and tearing down posters. He said this morning that he had climbed the gate to calm down his party workers and not to instigate them. "I am not a law-breaker... policemen near me appreciated that I was calming protesters," Mr Ashutosh said.

AAP has questioned why the FIR does not name any BJP leader or worker. Ashutosh alleged that "big stones" were hurled by BJP supporters injuring many of his AAP colleagues.

The Delhi Police will include its FIR in a report to the Election Commission on yesterday's violence; a model code of conduct kicked in after elections were announced yesterday.

"They are making false allegations on us through tweets... Ashutosh, Prashant Bhushan specifically asked for my arrest," BJP member Nalin Kohli told NDTV.

Mr Kejriwal was detained yesterday at a police station by Gujarat officials who said they wanted to check if he had violated the code of conduct which makes prior police permission necessary for rallies. They later accepted that he had not.

As the AAP chief, who is on a four-day tour of Gujarat, drove through Kutch later in the evening, his car was attacked by protesters and the windshield was smashed. Mr Kejriwal has alleged that the protesters raised slogans against him and in praise of Narendra Modi, the BJP's candidate for prime minister. (Read)

Mr Kejriwal has dedicated his Gujarat trip to auditing Mr Modi's claims of the uber-development of the state he has governed since 2001. The AAP leader has attributed what he describes as his harassment in Gujarat to the orders of Mr Modi. (Read)

We should remain non-violent: Arvind Kejriwal after FIR against top AAP leaders | NDTV.com

9. Soumya

Here are some exclusive pictures of fighting between AAP and BJP members

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Soumya

Gujarat: Arvind Kejriwal commits blunder, pays homage to 3 RTI activists who happen to be alive

AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal committed a gaffe at his rally in Ahmedabad when he paid homage to four RTI activists, of whom three happen to be alive. Kejriwal started his speech on Saturday by reading an obituary note in which he named Amit Jethwa, Bhagu Dewani, Jaysukh Bhambhaniya and Manisha Goswami as martyrs for the cause of society.

"First of all I want to pay homage to those who have sacrificed their lives in the last 10 years while fighting against corruption in Gujarat," Kejriwal said, adding that he paid homage to all of them "from the bottom of my heart".

After his four-day tour of the state to "inspect" the development as claimed by BJP's prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, Kejriwal held a road show and later addressed a rally.

During his tour in Gujarat, Kejriwal read an obituary note in which he named four RTI activists as martyrs for the cause of society.

Of the four RTI activists he named, only Jethwa is dead. He was killed on July 20, 2010 in front of the Gujarat High Court, allegedly by mining mafia.

But the other three are very much alive. Dewani (64), a lawyer from Porbandar district, said, "I was attacked three years back, but right now my health is quite good and my fight against corruption is on."

"I am likely to join AAP very soon. Kejriwal can provide good leadership to the RTI activists like us," Dewani added. On July 25, 2011 Dewani was pulled out of his car in Porbandar by five to six persons and was stabbed in his stomach, but he survived. He alleged that minister Babu Bokhiria was behind the attack.

He has also filed a petition in the High Court accusing Bokhiria of running illegal mines in the Porbandar district. Jaysukh Bhambhania (42) said, "I am fortunate to be alive after an attack on August 24, 2011. I was attacked with swords and pipes followed by a failed acid attack, after I had filed an RTI application regarding construction of a restaurant and bogus license issued by RTO to bike-vendors."

Bhambhania also blamed some local politicians and government officers for the attack. Manisha Goswami was attacked on September 21, 2011 following her RTI application seeking details of environment clearances obtained by a private firm. "She now lives in Vapi," one of the rights activists said.

When asked for a comment, AAP's Gujarat convener Sukhdev Patel said, "When he mentioned the names, I was not there, but I will certainly check this out."

Gujarat: Arvind Kejriwal commits blunder, pays homage to 3 RTI activists who happen to be alive : Elections, News - India Today

Superhuman made a mistake :rofl:

11. Vyom

Vyom Captain STAR MEMBER

Arvind Kejriwal asks TV anchor to play up sections of his interview - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: A video showing AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal asking a TV news anchor to emphasize certain sections of his interview has gone viral on Youtube.

The video, which is over a minute long, shows Kejriwal and the news anchor in a conversation after the interview.

During the conversation, Kejriwal is seen asking the TV anchor to give emphasis on certain segments of the interview.

"Please play it up more," Kejriwal said in the video. To this, the television anchor was seen saying: "Yes, we will play it up. The Bhagat Singh (comment) is good. We will get a lot of reaction to this."

The interview was apparently given by Kejriwal after he resigned as Delhi chief minister.

Incidentally, the video was made public on the day when Kejriwal criticized the media and accused a certain section of being biased against him.

12. Soumya

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Soumya

Ashok Aggarwal, educationist & lawyer, quits AAP; says no place for common man in party

NEW DELHI: Educationist and Child Rights lawyer Ashok Aggarwal on Tuesday quit the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). "I have resigned from the post of National Executive & all other posts of the party (AAP)," Aggarwal said.

Aggarwal hit out at the party, saying, "AAP works like a private limited company." "There is no place for a common man in this party (AAP), therefore I resigned," Aggarwal said.

In February, Aggarwal had admitted that there is discontent in the party. "There is discontent in the party. But that's probably because there is a gap between delivery and expectation. The direct connect with the aam aadmi also seems to be missing," Aggarwal had said.

Incidentally, on Sunday, Savita Bhatti, widow of comedian and satirist Jaspal Bhatti withdrew from contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Chandigarh seat that AAP had offered to her.

Savita told the party that she was "not interested" in contesting the polls, revealed today that there were some differences within the party's local unit.

"My letter seeking withdrawal from contest has been accepted by AAP," she said. Asked why she suddenly decided to opt out of the contest, she said, "My vision was not in sync with the local unit of AAP."

Savita, however, had dismissed the infighting as "not a big thing". "There is infighting within a home also," she said, and observed that the infighting in Chandigarh unit of AAP is much small compared to that of Congress and BJP.

AAP released its fourth list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls on Monday. In the fourth list, the party has announced names of two candidates from Delhi, 39 from Uttar Pradesh four from Haryana, 13 in Karnataka and three in Punjab.

Ashok Aggarwal, educationist & lawyer, quits AAP; says no place for common man in party - The Economic Times

AAP Moradabad nominee is a 12 crore loan defaulter

AAP Moradabad nominee turns out to be Rs 12 crore loan defaulter - The Times of India

14. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  15. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India