Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Acchhe Din - A Mirage

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Paliwal Warrior, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Dear All

@@INDIAN NATIONALIST, @@Vyom, @@Soumya, @@Zeus_@21, @@omya, @@sangos, @@marshal panda, @@kiduva21, @@layman, @@Marqueur

They cant, Can u ?

Spot the Acchhe din for next few years ?

[​IMG]

NaMo has taken U turns almost on all issues

Cant trust him anymore

2. Paliwal Warrior

3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Pls wait for the budget and you will see the Acchey Din.

INDIAN NATIONALIST and omya like this.
  4. Paliwal Warrior

i am disappointed with the U Turns & going back on promises

Fare Hike
    Freight Hike
    Gas Price Hike
    Sugar price Hike
    Sugar export Subsidy
    Sugar import duty Hike
    Petrol Price Hiuke
    Diesel Price HIke
    LPG Hike Rs 10/cylinder/month

In Budget they had promised 5 lakh IT exepmtionlimit now, saying it could be only raised to 3L

I am seriously never voting for NaMo again

5. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ache din ka matlab ye nahi hey jo kai logo kuch ******* 1950 ke congress ke leadero ne sikhaya hey... Kuch aata nahi to resrvation ki bhik magane ki aadat...Aur main waisa bhi her ek subsidy ke khilaf hu... jin ko nahi parawadata wo dub maro...

6. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    If People want to upgrade their facilities and infrastructure it also needs money. Wanna stay in medieval age then there is no need to raise. PPP has grown several times and people are wanting infrastructure but doesnt want to pay.

THis govt. should be crucified only if there is scam or corruption. Wait this financial is gonna be a bitter pill and so it is. Look at the developments which have been envisaged.

omya likes this.
  7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    You are free to vote for UPA again and finish this nation. How can anybody undo the wrongs of past 10yrs in just one month? railways will die if they don't have money and so is the case with all other services. from where will you generate money for subsidies? It has to come out of our pockets only. we need to kick start the economy to be able to generate more taxes by way of manufacturing and jobs. That will allow NDA to progressively upgrade the infa and lower the IT limits in steps. 3L this year might bcum 5L next year.
    A tax rebate of 3l means additional Rs 800/mnth in the hands of people considering that 10% tax saving on additional 1L will amount to Rs 10k/annum which can very well take care of increase in the price of gas cylinder, fuel, rail fare etc. Pls tell me how many cylinders do you use in a month and how many litres of patrol do you burn in a month or travel by train?
    Apply your mind Bro and do your calculations. If IT is raised to 3L, I will support zero subsidy on cylinder as it amounts to just Rs450/-, zero subsidy on fuel as a two wheeler user burns about 30 litres in a month so even a rise of Rs 2/ltr will not effect and the balance of Rs 300/- will help offset other monthly expenses.
    BUT it will boost spending which in turn will boost consumer goods which in turn will increase manufacturing which will boost jobs and in return govt will get more revenue thru taxes which will in turn help increase the tax exemption.
    If we agree to pay the right price for just fuel and gas, we can straight away have IT exemption limit of 5L.

Trendz, TSUNAMI, Vyom and 5 others like this.
  8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    A very large amount of domestic subsidy for fuel and gas goes to commercial sector. have you not seen nearly all guys on roads selling tea made from kerosene stoves or gas cylinders? Why must we subsidies commercial operations? Govt gets 3.25L crores as IT while we have a subsidy of 1.62L crores for fuel alone. Now do your maths and decide-what do you want subsidy or money in your own hand? I wud like to have money in my hand as that gives me freedom to control my consumption and save to upgrade my life style. Why shud the govt decide the budget of my kitchen and my house?

Vyom, omya, Marqueur and 1 other person like this.
  9. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Rightly so... What govt. is taking is right in the current scenario. Chuck all the damn subsidies except of manufacturing sector and production sector targeted.

India will come out of the hole in matter of years.

omya likes this.
  10. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Modi is not a miracle man ... wave the magic wand and everything will get alright ...

and there is nothing more to explain after @vstol jockey post ... waiting for @Paliwal Warrior reply

omya likes this.
  11. Paliwal Warrior

well i have already made up my mind for whom to vote in next elections - it is definitely not going to be NaMo - BJP maybe

As regards to gas price

it is indians gas & not CHor caompany gas

the chor company is just an operator - why should the country (it includes me also) pay higher ?

our own ONGC produces and supplies Gas to Bangladesh at 2.8$ per unit and here they want 8/.4 to 14 -16 doallrs why ? because of Chor company giving unlimited election funds to NaMo?

Why our domestic gas should be benchmarked to dollars ? Why not proces fixed in rupees ?
    Why should our domestic gas be benchmarked to international price?

All the above points were taken up by BJP in last two years, now that they have to clear election bills to Chor comapny they are frogetting that they had promised to clean up these issues.

As far as subsidies are concerned on fuels

1. petrol it is already market linked prices
    2. Diesel is Rs. 1.62/ltr UNDERRECOVERY not SUBSIDY

the concept of SUBSIDY & UNDERRECOVERY needs to be understood

the govt taxes fuels at 55% then gives us at 20% less and says there is a subsidy of 20% - loss of 20%

Why should fuels be taxed at 55%? any reason for such high taxes ?

actually there is no actual loss - only notional loss in taxes ? Phew ?

i would be OK with market linked prices if govt reduced taxes on fuels to 20% levels

Tax at 20% and take international market linked prices - i have no issues

Also there are gimmicks in how the International prices of these products are determined

which the BJP had itself opposed in the past (6 months ago) ?
    Now that they are in power they are not ready to address these on wholistic basis

The same is the case with LPG - 1400 rs/ cylinder is too high a price

Shouldnt exceed 500 rs / cylinder

ok in cities areas where there is PNG - piped gas and people are not opting for it and still going for LPG cylinders make the price full market price & offer some subsidy to BPL people with direct credit

But not across the board

so except the point on LPG - i think i have made clear that i am not begging for free things

B subsidies & Scams & corruption

What is the need to offer subsidy on sugar exports when we are raising sugar impot duty from 15% to 40%?

when u r raising import duty automatically the prices in domestic market will go up?No?

then why have 3500 cr giveaways on export subsidy?
    this is a making of a scam in cahoots with sugar mill owners (politicians) in most cases in Maharashtra, Karnataka, & UP
    this in indirect benefit to politicians only

Raising 8000 crore for railways

there as so many scams happeing in railways

read about 17000 cr & 50000 cr scams of iron ore freigth in railways

stop these scams & u wont need to raise taxes

12. Paliwal Warrior

omya likes this.
  13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    You seem to have all wrong info. seems you are an AAPian here. We have yet to get a cylinder at revised gas price, the old price gas based cylinder today costs over 950/-. Regarding fuel, you are correct to a large extent. But all this done to generate money for providing subsidy for kerosene, cooking gas and Urea. You agree to pay the right price and you will see that govt will reduce patrol price to becum lower than diesel price and the taxes collected will reduce as the need for subsidy will reduce. can you deny that over 90% of kerosene goes to black market and for adultration of patrol & diesel?
    You must remember the basic rule of subsidy
    subsidy=corruption. No subsidy means a large amount of corruption gone. I am in favour of removing even food subsidy. let govt provide food in lieu of MNREGA wages and use that manpower for creating infrastructure. In last five yrs we have not only given food subsidy without getting anything in return but have also dolled out over 2L crores in MNREGA only to dig holes in the ground.

omya likes this.
  14. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Little children think Modi will wave his wand and everything will get fixed instantly.

Everybody needs time. Modi will make short term and long term changes. The long term changes will take anywhere between 5 to 15 years for it to take effect. The short terms changes are what's happening now and we have no choice but to buck up and accept it because the UPA's terrible rule has held us back by 5 years.

omya likes this.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Regarding Railways, no hike for ten yrs starting 2002 while fuel prices went thru the sky. In last18 months UPA increased price of diesel by 50paisa every month. Do you know who is the largest consumer of diesel in India? If you knew, you wud never raise any question about the hike in rail fare.

omya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.