Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Agni-2 test fired today!!

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by Green Hornet, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

no its not a different missile ........

2. TereBinLaden

TereBinLaden Captain STAR MEMBER

Road mobile launchers are available too... maybe it is more convenient to use the railway to transport missile around in peace time.

[​IMG]

3. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Agni II is road mobile, deployed are. But this was just a user trails, rail or road transport it doesn't matter in user trail.
    As I said, missile is used to be selected randomly from "stock" which is most probably stored on rail wagons.
    What, Missile wasn't launched vertically ?? As far as anyone see except you it was launched vertically and it can be launch vertically only. Every missile use support, show me one without it.

4. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

Meray bhai I'm talking about this support,to which the missile is attached to...

Of course it is vertical but not 90 degrees...less than that...I don't see why the missile has to depend on the support to launch...
    [​IMG]

You can look up other missiles too...

Don't take it offensive or as trolling,all I'm asking is that is there any specific purpose for not launching the Agni series vertically without a support,especially when its not canistered?

5. Rudrakx

This is how your so called advanced pakistani missile stands without support :sarcastic:
    [​IMG]
    Don't jump arround boy ! your are showing Angi II + which was not even ready to launch. checkout other images.

2 people like this.
  6. Pagan666!

Pagan666! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Jai Hind! :fans:

7. Rudrakx

found some pics closely showing how missile like scuds are supported, at fins as well with pods,
    [​IMG]
    LINK

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  8. A haseeb A

Check out the pic of agni-2 on the first page... it has the rail visible amongst the exhaust gases...

I showed Agni-2 P because the rail was much clearer...

I'm asking about the support alongside the body of the missile...of course it can't stand in the air,can it?

9. A haseeb A

I suppose you are not getting me at all...

Missile support beneath the fins etc/at the base is necessary...The TEL for Pakistani missiles erects the missile and then comes back down,so the missile stands firm on the disposable launch pad,integrated with the TEL.

Whereas the Agni series makes use of a short rail,attached to the side of the missile as a support...also,they are launched at a slightly inclined angle...and the rail support doesn't retracts even when the missile is in up-right position and is ready to launch/being launched...

10. Rudrakx

basically Agni series are longer missiles thats why they are supported like that and you can find similar length missiles are supported in same way or supported with canister ! Scud type missiles are not really longer. their no technological gap between this kind of vertical support or bottom support.
    First they are not disposable launch pads, not at all. provide a link to support your claim.
    Scud missile fins are grooved firmly to bottom base, see the image I provided.
    [​IMG]

11. Rudrakx

[​IMG]
    Where is inclination in this ?
    and in this,
    [​IMG]

12. Rudrakx

See this launch of Agni from rail launcher ,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  13. TereBinLaden

17 January 2001 the second test of Agni II was performed on a road mobile launcher
    I have image of Agni II on road mobile TEL but too lazy to upload it from my computer.

You see supporting connectors and you don't see camo paint on Agni's deployed operational missiles because Agni series are subjected to continuous improvement program (CIP), new technology and engineering are injected upon the existing missile on the go as longer range missile are costly to replace with a newer one, the Agni series are subjected to continuous CEP improvement, using lighter materials and improvement of range even though the are not declared on press immediately.

14. TereBinLaden

If you think Indian launch vehicles need support to stand erected see this.....
    [​IMG]
    the supporting rail is used to erect the missile 90 degree from horizontal to vertical position while the same rail is attached with connectors which monitors various parameters as I have mentioned in my last post Agni series missiles are subjected to continuous improvement and the R&D upon these missiles are not freezed and new technologies are injected upon this missiles to improve its performance.
    connectors as seen in India's space launches...
    [​IMG]

This following image seems like the Launch vehicle needs various support to stand erected till it is time for the launch, while in reality it is not that......................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  15. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Whats with the argument about supports....

As long as the Missile works, who cares about the supports :what:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.