Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Agni-2 test fired today!!

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by Green Hornet, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TereBinLaden

TereBinLaden Captain STAR MEMBER

One thing I have mentioned earlier was Agni series is subjected to Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) thats the reason why you see all those zingos during a test launch may it be by the SNC but DRDO scientist always their trying something new, though no press report release such a statement, Prithvi series are freezed so you see regular camo paint scheme, but Agni series are always improving with new tech injected, if you see a camo painted Agni Missile with all those zingos around it can lead to a new dimension of discussion....some thing I have cleared on one of my previous post,

Now this is rocket science and you don't expect a missile unable to stand erected without support as you have claimed, a rail or a slightly tilted missile doesn't implies it cant be done otherwise....something I have cleared on one of my previous post.

2. TereBinLaden

TereBinLaden Captain STAR MEMBER

Reports indicate Agni IIPrime will not replace Agni II but complement each other, missile of this class are costly sometimes to replace with a new gen missile.

3. Firemaster

Firemaster Captain STAR MEMBER

Ok A Haseeb A Show me a pic Of Shaheen which is not supported by TEL while Launching

4. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Here is the thing...

when Shaheen-1,2 are being tested for the first few times,they are launched from fixed launch pads,where they are supported on the base...because otherwise,the test could be a risk for the expensive TEL,as displayed by one Ghauri missile...

when they are launched as a part of a military (ASFC) exercise,they are launched from the TEL.
    The erector erects the missile along with putting down the small and disposable launch pad firmly on the ground.When in the upright position,final checks are performed,data for target area is fed in etc...Then the erector retracts and the missile stands vertically on the launch pad,and the missile is fired.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. A haseeb A

I don't think the color scheme can really tell that the missile is advancing....for example,Pakistani Ghaznavi has been tested in 5 different colour/camouflage schemes...but there was not that much advancement in its design...

I'm not saying that this method of launching is primitive or inferior...In fact,IMO not retracting the erector is better,as the time consumed for retraction is absent...as in case of Agni series...

6. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

why we need a camouflage for a missile ....

7. A haseeb A

To make an operational less visible and hard to locate once it is under the open sky...though,the modern imaging devices can literally strip off their cover,but still it is worth it...

While an under-testing missile is painted with bright (most of the times) and easily recognizable colors,to ease visual tracking...though this is primitive to,thanks to powerful optical instruments...

8. Firemaster

Ok thanks

But I don't think it is necessary for the missile to be Launched without TEL Support to be Advanced.

But Still A question Why DRDO use TEL for Launching missiles

9. A haseeb A

Bro I didn't say that it is not advanced or something......but still there is one drawback

The whole launch rail (or whatever launch platform like launch pad) is destroyed by the exhaust gases...so it might be kinda more time taking t replace it,since there is a big part of the TEL that gets damaged...

The question should be why does DRDO uses a launch rail instead of a launch pad (like in Prithvi series)...because TELs are the most survivable launching machines...:neo:

1 person likes this.
  10. Firemaster

Ok Bro
    In this pic doesn't it seem that Missile displaced horizontally from Launch Pad just after a little lift off .

11. A haseeb A

Hehe...No

This Shaheen-2 is not being launched from a Transport Erector Launcher...but from a Erector Launcher only...i.e. no vehicle involved,only a movable platform on which the erector is installed with the launch pad...

Now what you are seeing in the picture,is the EL (not TEL) facing a bit towards you...and the missile is launched from the end of the EL,where the launch pad is present...

12. Firemaster

I was talking about that launch pad With three manipulators (4th is hidden)

13. A haseeb A

Explain...I didn't get you...

14. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    OK, Now we are now discussing about Launch Pads .......

15. A haseeb A

Come on!!!...why not?

To hell with all the political and economical discussions...I just wanna discuss defense...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.