Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

AICTE offers free engineering for kids with upto R 4.5 lakh family income

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Himanshu Pandey, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has brought some relief for low-income parents who wish to educate their kids. According to the new AICTE rules, kids will get free engineering education if their family income is upto Rs 4.5 lakh.

The new rules will be applicable for admission in 2012-13 session. The rule has been applied in the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE), the counseling for which starts on July 14.

The income limit for free education till last year was Rs 2.5 lakh. AICTE applies its rules all the engineering, pharmacy, hotel management and fashion designing colleges.

AICTE offers free engineering for kids with upto Rs 4.5 lakh family income - www.daily.bhaskar.com

2. Anees

Anees Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    why is it only in UP , Just spread to all over India ..... :hmm:

3. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

^^ AICTE's Tuition fee waiver scheme is Another of such scheme for those student who have Low family income,this scheme is Applied in all over India in AICTE approved institution.In this scheme the student is exempted from Paying tuition fees of the Institution.So in all the student just has to Pay Library,Lab and development fees of the college which is Usually below 5k Rs for a Year which is quite affordable for Families with Income Below say 1 Lac per Annum

I think this one is a really good Idea,you Know sometimes a Student want's to be an Engineer but he give up just because he cant afford fees of the Institution which is usually over 60 thousand at average,Somewhere it is over 1 Lac which is not really affordable.Such schemes are really helpful for them.

But remember you need to have certain documents to be eligible for such Scheme,Income Certificate and Non-creamy Layer certificate for E.g are must a student should have in order to advantage of this scheme

4. Steel

Steel Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Is this facility aviliable for general cateogry students?

5. Nirvana

Yes !!

1 person likes this.
  6. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    When I joined the Engg. in 2000 the fees was just 19000 for gov. seat and 65k for paid seats... I had got the government seat. don't know what is fees structure now in private colleges

7. Nirvana

Lot has changed ~~ Currently in most of unaided Private colleges total fees are Above 90K,while in Govt Institutions minimum Fees are 60,000 at average

8. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    but we are not getting teachers worthy for this much fees

9. amitraghuwanshiz

amitraghuwanshiz REGISTERED

What if unfortunately at time of registration i had't selected yes for TFWS,because i had no idea about it,but now i have all the documents required for TFWS.
    So just i want to ask, can i get seat under the scheme of TFWS after verification of documents at provided center by AICTE?? or there is any other procedure to be elegible for TFWS.
    please guide..is there any chance to get seat under TFWS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.