Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Akhilesh better than me, says Sheila Dikshit

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by AbRaj, Jan 5, 2017.

1. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Akhilesh better than me, says Sheila Dikshit: Is an alliance brewing in UP?
    Within hours after the EC announced poll dates for five states, there is a possibility that the Congress and the SP in UP will forge an alliance in the state.
    Posted by: Vicky Nanjappa
    | Thu, Jan 5, 2017, 8:26 [IST]

New Delhi, Jan 5: The Congress' chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh, Sheila Dikshit, made a surprise announcement in which she said that the Samajwadi Party's Akhilesh Yadav would make a better candidate than her.

[Also Read: Akhilesh Yadav favourite CM candidate: ABP News-Lokniti CSDS opinion poll]

"I would be happy to make way for Akhilesh," she told a television channel.

[​IMG]
    A file picture of Sheila Dikshit

Political experts are of the view that the message put out by the veteran Congress leader is an intentional one and not one of those tongue in cheek moments. It is a signal that the Congress is trying to back Akhilesh in a bid to defeat the BJP.

There is a lot of infighting within the SP today and the chances of a split are very high. The former Delhi CM's comments are meant to suggest to Akhilesh that he has the backing of the Congress to defeat the BJP in Uttar Pradesh.

While the central leadership has been terming the SP's war within as a political drama, others in the UP state Congress feel that Akhilesh is the only candidate who has it within him to defeat the BJP.

Most parties have literally written off the BSP and say that the party led by Mayawati is a non-starter in UP.

The UP Congress feels that the decision by Akhilesh to distance himself from his uncle, Shivpal Yadav has only bettered his image. He could capitalise on his image of being a clean and popular leader which in turn would help fighting the BJP.

Opinion polls have been divided on UP. While one poll gives the BJP a clean sweep the other suggests a tough fight between the SP and the BJP.

OneIndia News

R!CK and A_poster like this.
  2. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    @vsdoc ,@A_poster @Lion of Rajputana @Levina
    Congress luring Akhilesh again:biggthumpup:
    Congress here in UP is considered as a party not worth to vote.
    They struggle for 4th to 5th spot in elections:lol:
    They want to ride on Akhilesh

This party is shameless:biggthumpup:

3. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Alliance with congress was suicidal for DMK in TN and CPIM in Bengal. Lol

Though this article claims otherwise

4. vsdoc

vsdoc 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

A girl from my batch whose family is really high up in the Sangh has been wanting me to test the waters for my fledgling political aspirations and jump into the arena in UP and Uttarakhand. Must admit I'm tempted but too chicken to give up a medical career at this stage. Let's see .... UP after all is my paternal home state. My dad's a Kanpur boy. Studied in Lucknow. I am half Bihari half bhaiyya and part Marathi.

MilSpec likes this.
  5. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    Full Bhaiya here. I fukin hate this place. Just waiting for an opportunity

6. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    SP(Akhilesh and co) is indeed in very good position after being ousted from Mafia Party of Shivpal.
    @vsdoc a famous historysheeter Ateek Ahmad from Allahabad is going to contest in kanpur from SP seat.
    He is most feared criminal in this area.
    He along with his gang few days ago created a havoc in a deemed university in my vicinity for a Muslim student gang. You can Google it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
    Levina likes this.
  7. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The fall of Congress from ruling National Party to such a marginal player has been a truly astonishing decline to witness. They ended up with less seats than some regional parties in '14, and now, barring a possible win in Punjab, they're probably only going to be left with power in Manipur.

Congress is actually in a position where they will have to be junior coalition partners from now on. At this rate, they will vanish and be replaced by AAP.

Levina likes this.
  8. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    And its for good.
    BTW I belongs to a family that trusts in Congress :mrgreen: and sees Pappu as Prince waiting to be mature enough to become King of Bharat:lol::lol::lol:

Levina, Lion of Rajputana and vsdoc like this.
  9. vsdoc

vsdoc 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Sounds like my dad.

Ghano bholo cche (he(pappu) is very bhola) ....

AbRaj likes this.
  10. Robinhood Pandey

Robinhood Pandey SECOND IN COMMAND Staff Member SECTION CHIEF

Country Flag:
    India
    old timers are all congressi . . . my Granpa and his three brothers were staunch supporters of congress . . it was only after my uncle joined RSS, we started supporting BJP.

Levina likes this.
  11. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    My Elder brother ( University Lecture) and cousin (Goldman Sacs employee) worship Gandhi family like Muslims to Muhammad (is unconditional) and hate modi like Satan:biggthumpup:

Levina and Robinhood Pandey like this.
  12. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    My father once hired a Bihari engineer (from one of the IIT's), I don't know what his personal views were; but the guy said that most of his family was pro-Congress, and when someone asked why they voted Congress they said, "Humko Azaadi Kisne Dilayi" lmao.

Levina likes this.
  13. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    Exactly same argument here that they fought for Freedom and they gave us Nehru,Shastri,Indira and Rajeev( you may include Rahul too:mrgreen:for complete picture).

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  14. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    These are ppl i feel like drilling sense into.
    One skim through Gandhis' book and i knew he was not what he was projected as ....I can write pages about it. Meanwhile congress has shot itself in the foot.
    So what happens next if Akhilesh gets re-elected?

R!CK and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  15. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    Nothing unusual. He will hire more thugs and fill the shoes of his father.
    BTW to me this whole thing seems staged and there is high probability of Ghar wapsi/Milan Samaroh

Levina likes this.