Aliens/Extraterrestrials : News & Discussions

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Gessler, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Gessler

Gessler Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    People of IDF, let's use this thread to post all news, discussions & views related
    to any form of extraterrestrial life.

I urge members to share their views, personal experiences (UFO sightings etc.),
    and any information you can find about aliens/extraterrestrials.

3 people like this.
  2. Gessler

Country Flag:
    India
    Life on Mars - UNSEALED : Alien Files

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  3. Gessler

Country Flag:
    India
    The Laredo Incident

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  4. Gessler

Country Flag:
    India
    Guys, defence analyst Prasun K. Sengupta has voiced what he knows of the so-called 'extraterrestrials' -

[MENTION=8719]layman[/MENTION] [MENTION=6121]Skull and Bones[/MENTION] [MENTION=9724]Sagar alias Jacky[/MENTION] [MENTION=8533]tunguska[/MENTION] [MENTION=8921]Picdelamirand-oil[/MENTION] [MENTION=6665]halloweene[/MENTION] [MENTION=8373]Picard[/MENTION] [MENTION=268]Averageamerican[/MENTION] [MENTION=9466]jonas[/MENTION] [MENTION=6705]Virajith[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924]kaku[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776]smestarz[/MENTION] [MENTION=6916]Manmohan Yadav[/MENTION]

Your views, please?

1 person likes this.
  5. kaku

kaku Major SENIOR MEMBER

There is lots of thing in Universe that is need to check,

but one thing Arthur C Clark said correct "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.".

And the Universe bringing down Fermi Paradox so much severely that it raises many question.

From my thinking that there is chances that in our universe there is some kind of Prime Directives exist, and because of this no advance alien is trying to contact with us. Or there is another possibility that the aliens is also humans and we finished all other civilizations.\.

BTW, there is also a possibility, see the timeline of human development that how much coincidence is going on, the existence of oil and coal caused we entered in the radio and nuclear age.

The intelligent life form not just only the basic point of intelligent civilization or Type 1 civilization or in simple word intergalactic civilization . We are still 100 years away from Type 1 civilization and 1000 years from Type 2.

6. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    I will begin to take some attention to that when somebody will be able to expose me the theory of "hyperspace".

1 person likes this.
  7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Re: Aliens/Extraterrestrials : News & Discussions

I find it most intriguing
    where did you find this ?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  8. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    a simple Interstellar travel will be nice

9. kaku

kaku Major SENIOR MEMBER

this is intergalactic travel without time dilation.

10. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    arre bhai pehle kisi grah pe to po-hoch ne do

11. kaku

kaku Major SENIOR MEMBER

But actually it is impossible if we take General Relativity in account. Of course it cannot be possible. It usually possible to find an infinite sequence of paths that converge uniformly to some limit, that is, some "limiting" path.

So, in general relativity this path is not a straight line but is curved in simple sense.

BTW, there is more simple thing Worm Hole and from this thing also there will be no time dilation, but it also required enormous amount of energy to remain exist. And also if we find a way to deter Worm hole radiation then we can also create a time machine, from where we can also use our past fossil resources.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  12. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The Possibility of Alien Life Is Now (Almost) Impossible to Deny

An international team of astronomers have reached the most definitive conclusion, one with profound implications: our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet.

This means that the chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy alone is overwhelmingly high. So high that it's impossible to deny that it's out there. The only question is how much of that is little dumb critters* and how much is civilized.
    The Possibility of Alien Life Is Now (Almost) Impossible to Deny

Wolfpack, Vyom, omya and 1 other person like this.
  13. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Who on earth (no pun intended) is Prasun k. Sengupta. What is his background/profession and more importantly his qualifications and credentials. Quite frankly I don't know whether you are yanking our chains or not with this article. So I am not falling into the trap of giving an opinion on it. Although I would love to do so.

Perhaps Professor Steven Hawkings publication 'A Brief History Of Time' might put things into perspective !!

I have an open mind on Alien life forms, and believe that according to the law of averages life will exist elsewhere in the Universe. But this !!

14. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel THINK TANK

Surely I believe there is Alien life, both advance and backward. but the story that has been pasted above, seems too remote to accept without any sort of record.

Indian civilization as we know was having heros who were having super human strength and we do have texts and legends that support the case.

15. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Legends being the operative word.Much like how the 'Giants Causway' was formed in Ireland,and do we believe that ?