AMCA: Updates and Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by DaRk KnIght, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf SENIOR MEMBER

the best design for AMCA
    [​IMG]
  2. simplystupid

simplystupid FULL MEMBER

if i am not wrong it is M1.44... are suggesting that AMCA design is M1.44 design ?
  3. One

One FULL MEMBER

Re: MCA to AMCA: Journey of Cutting edge Next Gen Fighter

I knew this was coming. Should i show you the maintenance problems of F22 and why there is a debate regarding the cost of running F22. (here i am talking about F22).
  4. simplystupid

simplystupid FULL MEMBER

hang on a sec.. no one is talking about F22. US Stopped production of F22 because of various reasons.. this would be deviation of discussion... :laugh: let us focus on Russian aircraft being best wrt maintenance. can you pl. drill down. it is widely accepted fact is Russian design are crude and robust but cheap to deploy in numerical superiority.
  5. One

One FULL MEMBER

Are you suggesting the US does not have F22 in their inventory? The biggest reason for them to stop adding more planes is just the cost of each sortie wrt maintaining their stealth features. If you compare the same with 5th gen Russian jet they will not have the same issues of maintenance as US 5th gen fighters have. Here you can read the link.

High-Priced F-22 Fighter Has Major Shortcomings - washingtonpost.com

If you are talking about su30/Mig i agree with you. Maintenance for SU30/Mig is more cumbersome than F16/F18/Mirage 2000.

WRT to AMCA i believe our scientists will definitely weight those pros and cons and go with what IAF would like to have.
  6. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf SENIOR MEMBER

if it happen then it really rock it is real stealth
  7. simplystupid

simplystupid FULL MEMBER

No one is arguing the at F22 is Maintenance .. argument here is Russian Maintenance wrt to Russian designs and what does the bench mark for Indian AMCA. The entire discussions going as of now one has any idea what does IAF fully Stealth means
  8. simplystupid

simplystupid FULL MEMBER

not to counter your argument.. why M1.44 was not chosen over T50 ? any ideas ?
  9. flanker143

flanker143 SENIOR MEMBER

nikhil isn't that the russian lmfa from wiki !!?? :wink:
  10. @speaks

@speaks SENIOR MEMBER

Kaveri-Snecma Engine To Power AMCA Indian Stealth Fighter

ADA has send a Technical requirement detail for the engines which will power India’s locally developed 5th Generation fighter aircraft to the GTRE recently .ADA which is the prime development organisation of the Advance Medium Combat Aircraft is looking for an engine in 100 to 110 kn thrust range, and while the work on the preliminary designs are almost done and work on the AMCA Project will officially began from July 2011 onwards for which 2 billion Dollars have already been allocated for the AMCA Project.

GTRE has successfully carried out first batch of on board trials on a modified IL-76 Test Bed in Russia. Even though Kaveri engine project has been delinked from LCA Project few years back , GTRE is still hope full that current Kaveri engines might power Tejas MK-1 aircrafts when their GE Provided F-404IN engines will come up for replacement.

GTRE and French for long time wanted to work on a new Kaveri Hybrid based on M-88-3 Eco, but due to GTRE engine already been delinked on LCA Project , French wanted specific commitment on the engine order , now if the news is correct then the joint venture might finally start off .

ADA is taking very similar approach like it did with LCA Project and will roll out first Technological Demonstrators (AMCA TD-1 and TD-2) in next 5 to 6 years and have first flight in next one year after the roll out. Experts believe that ADA might use GE Provided F-414IN engine which has been already selected by ADA to power Tejas MK-2 jets.
  11. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD SENIOR MEMBER

Dude,please provide the source.:yes4:
  12. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu SENIOR MEMBER

^^^ pic ^^^
    No i dis agree similar facility is there in INDIA Its in "fluid control research institute palakkad kerala" i have visited that room its for some sonic wave and sound testing during my PG degree,
  13. smestarz

smestarz THINK TANK

I thought our MCA was to be a tailess delta (somewhat like B-2) why the sudden change in design,
    or are we now following the Russian FGFA as the base of deign for AMCA ?
  14. Vritra

Vritra THINK TANK

Sudden?
    The design changed years ago.

The 'Tailless delta' concept was a twin engined Tejas airframe without a vertical fin. Feasibility studies showed the design to be full of flaws.
    1 person likes this.
  15. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt ELITE MEMBER

I don't think it was ever meant to be a tail-less delta. We don't have the technology, and won't have it in next 10 years to be able to control an aircraft without a vertical and horizontal stabilizer.

Its usual for our institutes and agencies to boast before building something and then realizing that they were shooting for the stars, and then getting stuck with regular projects.
    1 person likes this.