Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

ansectors of indian muslims & chirstans

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by sayed kayes ahamed, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayed kayes ahamed

sayed kayes ahamed FULL MEMBER

hinduvta parties often claim that all most all muslims & chirstan of indian sub contient(india,pakistan,bangladesh) had hindu/buddist ansector.do you believe their claim or do you think its false claim.

2. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Yeah may be,In some areas,majority from lower caste.Most of them converted to escape the caste discrimination existed then.There may also be some cases of forced conversions by Muslim Invaders,but only due to military reasons.

3. Indian Tiger

Indian Tiger Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  4. sayed kayes ahamed

@manu sankar may be what you say largly right.but not only lower cast people are converted.in few case upper cast people also converted.like my family converted from bengali hindu brahman bhattachariya 130 years ago.my family still kept my great great grandfather's matriqulation certificate who converted from bengali hindu brahman.besides that my maternal grand mother is also a hindu brahman.but she does not change her religion after marriage.

5. sayed kayes ahamed

@indian tiger thanks. i know that jinnah was a converted rajput.but i did n't kenw about pakistani bowler

6. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

It is obvious no?

Islam only came into existence after, obviously the indigenous population of Muslims would have had Hindu/Buddhist ancestry. I don't get the point of this thread, it is stating the obvious. We all had some sort of background before our beliefs came into effect.

3 people like this.
  7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Brother this thread is only about saying that you are MY brother from another mother and we have common heritage. You have nothing in common with Arabs. If we have to move forward we have to move shoulder to shoulder. The so called muslim superiority is a myth and lets us believe in being equals. If Hindus are cowards, so are you as you evolved and converted from us.

Hope you get my point.

8. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

fair enough, agreed, but you'd expect folks to know that anyway...
    Now, I know there are some Pakistanis that may have arab heritage, and a good amount that claimed to have it. I'm not one of them, I don't consider myself as arab, it's just absurd.
    agreed 100%

I don't believe in this kind of crap, nor does Islam teach this kind of stuff, rather people mis-interpret the messages of the Qur'an and really mess up their understanding of the world.

Yes, again I agree with you and if this is to raise awareness of the heritage it's fine, but my point is that you'd expect us to know this.

anyway.... on a lighter note... I haven't seen this side of you mate, Good on you!:tup:

9. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro pls read my thoughts on other threads. I am very optimistic and believe in peace. But my caste has been tormented the most in history not only by the invaders but also by our own hindu population. I am a Brahmin. So We have become like mirrors. What anyone does to us is actually a reflection and reaction of his own actions.

today India is paying Burma, Bangladesh and Bhutan to fight insurgents operating out of their territories. may be we can help Pakistan in the similar way on the promise they do the same. kashmir problem was solved during the times of Mushraf. it only needs to be given a stamp of approval by our respective parliaments. Why should you be dependent on US or China? You are our neighbour and we have much more in common. Just a free trade agreement and unrestricted movement of goods across borders and transit facilities to CIs will bring much more revenue to Pakistan in one year than the entire money earned thru WOT from USA plus the added benefit of no drone strikes and killing own population. A better, violence free and safe society is what Pakistan will get.

1 person likes this.
  10. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Yeah,I agree with you.I remember my grandfather saying,one of the Christian family in our village are converted Brahmins.I say the reasons may be a curiosity towards the foreign religion or resentment towards existing system.But the people from the upper caste never converted in masses.Only a few families at a time,mostly for their own benefits.Mass conversions happened only for lower caste people.One thing I always oppose is the theories of forced conversion by Hindutva parties,It never worked in India,not in large scale.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  11. sayed kayes ahamed

yes i agree bro forced conversion not works in india.
    bro my great great grand father born in a bengali hindu brahman familly.he largly influanced by brahmo samaj.i think you heared about it.later he converted in islam.mo samaj.i think you heared about it.later he converted in islam.

12. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I also read somewhere there quite a few Brahmans converted in Murshidabad... what was the reason behind ? any special treatment offered then by Nawabs or something else ?

13. sayed kayes ahamed

@sanjeeb bose.i can't tell you the reason of all hindu brahman familly who converted to islam.i can tell you about my familly.my great great grand father was born in a bengali hindu brahman family.his surname was bhattachariya.he converted 130years ago.nawab regime end in 1757.so that time there was no active nawab.i heard he is attracted to brahmo samaj which was establish dhirendranath tagor at very young age.later he influanced by a sufi saint.his case was similar of ar rahman case you can say.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I believe those were the time when the educated bengalis were questioning evil practices prevalent then in the society... quite a few of them fought for the human dignity...

15. sayed kayes ahamed

@sanjeeb yea that time they repal sathi dhao pratha and establish hindu widow marriage. but i don't get your point what you are trying to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.