Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Anti-EU Sentiment Thread

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by BMD, May 21, 2016.

1. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ub-italian-code-conduct-mediterranean-rescues

2. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  3. Vergennes

Vergennes Strategist Staff Member MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Planet of the apes. No less.

Gone are the times where trespassing people were shot.

Picard and BMD like this.
  4. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Picard likes this.
  5. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

On the other side, we are going to deport 40000 Rohingya Muslims to the same country (likely) that wants to kill them.

BMD likes this.
  6. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
  7. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  8. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  9. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    EU's cultural Marxism organisation.

https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage_en/2116/ Questions and Answers about the East StratCom Task Force

It's called East Stratcom. It labels all anti-EU dissent as Russian propaganda, whether it be about the migrant crisis or other general dissent.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-dissent-russian-propaganda-under-soros-direc

The Creepiest EU Initiative Yet: Registering Dissent As "Russian Propaganda" Under Soros' Direction

Russia is the favourite scapegoat for the Western establishment when it comes to its own failures. Ever since Brexit and Trump’s victory, the Western elite has regularly tried to link citizen discontent to “Russian disinformation“, “hackers” or “trolls“, instead of looking at its own policies. While in the US this took the form of a witch hunt against the Trump administration, in the EU it has taken the form of a “proscription list” of the media that are not enthusiastic enough with the idea of a conflict with the Eastern neighbour. Under the official purpose of countering “disinformation coming from Russia”, the EU External Action has created a “disinformation review1)with weekly updates on “fake news” and the websites that post them.

The EUAS officially branded researchers and journalists as fraudulent, unpatriotic and dishonest without any notification. There is a small disclaimer on the list that states that ”disinformation review cannot be considered an official EU position”. Yet it was created by the European Council, is part of the ”diplomatic service” of the EU, hence funded by it, uses its symbols and institutional addresses. So, it is part of the EU and yet does not represent its official position? The statement seems to have been made for the express purpose of dishonestly dismissing concerns raised by citizens.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Picard likes this.
  10. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

ISIS fighters given houses and jobs as part of “hug a jihadi” campaign

https://defenseissues.net/2017/08/1...es-and-jobs-as-part-of-hug-a-jihadi-campaign/

Police in the city of Aarhus, Denmark, has introduced the scheme in which ISIS fighters returning from Syria are being offered apartments, education and jobs to reintegrate the radicalised back into society. Scheme was introduced after 19 youths had returned home, out of 36 who had travelled to Syria to fight for ISIS. proponents of the police-run scheme in Aarhus say that jihadists are “isolated” and struggling to integrate, and claim that offering them kindness and forgiveness will deter them from their murderous ideology. Superintendent Allan Aarslev claimed that “From my point of view it would be much more safe for the local community here to help these young men to have a normal life after they have returned than to leave them alone.”, and “If we did not integrate them into the local community again they would be a safety hazard for us.” He failed to explain why should they be allowed to return in the first place.

The program however was criticized for de facto rewarding jihadists for their activities. Naser Khadeer, a Muslim member of the Conservative People’s party, called for a hardline approach to foreign fighters. Speaking on the Australian news programme Dateline, he said: “What I have criticised when it comes to the Aarhus model is when you have been in Syria and you come back, it is wrong in my opinion to reward whoever has been in Syria by giving them an apartment, jobs, education. We should prosecute them not reward them.”. Jihadis are much more likely to see the program for what it is – a sign of weakness – than to appreciate it as a goodwill gesture. Dr. James Mitchell had called a program extremely naive. “I want you to imagine Rob O’Neill, the guy who shot bin Laden, kicking open the door in his compound, and he’s armed with warm cookies and a ‘Let’s Cuddle’ t-shirt. And he goes, ‘Get on over here, you rascal. I got lots of hugs for you,'” Mitchell said on “Fox & Friends” this morning. “It’s a ridiculous idea.”

At the same time, a Danish student, Joanna Palani, was shunned for fighting against ISIS after she returned to Denmark. Since returning to Denmark she said she had been forced into hiding and claimed she was “seen as a terrorist”. Ms Palani told MailOnline: “I was willing to give up my life and my freedom to stop ISIS advancing, so that everyone in Europe can be safe. This was my choice.” “But I am seen as a terrorist by my own country.” She added: “I live in one of the best countries in the world but I am hungry and homeless and freezing cold in bed at night, even though I am working full time.” “I don’t trust anyone.” Joanna Palani was handed a 12-month travel ban to prevent her from travelling back to the conflict zone in September 2015 and was threatened with jail when she flew to Qatar. Other Danes who had gone to fight against ISIS had been threatened with jail on their return from Syria.

-----------------

I was doing some research when I came across few sources describing this... insane. I had to write about it.

A_poster, BMD and Dagger like this.
  11. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Is this for real ? Sounds unbelievable.

12. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Are you 100% sure that this is not some parody news article?

13. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    Several NGOs including doctors without borders (who has the biggest rescue ship) have halted their rescue operations of migrants departing Libya citing security concerns for their crews after the Libyan authorities have threatened to attack their ships. It comes few days after warning shots were fired against a NGO ship seen patrolling near Libyan waters. Italian navy will help Libya's coast guards while at the same time providing them funds,training and equipments.

Nope this is a real news.

It sounds unbelievable when jihadists who probably killed and beheaded people are offered houses,education,jobs and integration programs,when someone who went there to fight against ISIS is threatened with jail and has to live like a criminal. Police there confirmed that this program was successful and that the so called returnees were "well integrated in society".

Northern European countries have totally different mentalities. Over here,the so called "returnees" are made a systematical judiciary treatment and are also followed psychologically. Few months ago,one has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for joining the Syrian war zone. Even myself I think 10 years is too low. Let alone offering them fancy opportunities....

madmax613, Picard, Gessler and 5 others like this.
  14. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  15. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    And this geezer has the audacity to sue Norway in front of the EU court of human rights for "inhumane and degrading" prison conditions and "violation of his human rights." :ph34r:

Maybe he'll prefer our overcrowded,old decaying jails infested with rats,bugs and cockroaches. Even God isn't going to help him there. :biggthumpup: