Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Arun Jaitley gets charge of defence ministry after Manohar Parrikar resigns

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Bhoot Pishach, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    Jis bande ko " Pasu Palan vibhag" milna chahiye tha, wo hamara Finance minister Aur ab Defence Minister bhi hai.

2. stephen cohen

stephen cohen Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is NOT a permanent arrangement

After the Presidential elections ; we can see a Reshuffle

If Sushma Swaraj becomes President ; then there will be two vacancies
    DM and FM

Abingdonboy, PARIKRAMA and anant_s like this.
  3. stephen cohen

stephen cohen Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You are equating Jaitley with Laloo

Have you ever Heard Jaitley in Parliament

4. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Now he will defend his finance ministry and finance his defence ministry. :p

Is it possible that VK Singh can be brought in as Raksha mantry?
    I really don't understand why AJ, a man who lost in the elections, should be trusted with 2 imp ministries?

BlackOpsIndia, PARIKRAMA and bharathp like this.
  5. Inactive

Inactive Guest

No. Foreign Ministry is very crucial. With Sushma Swaraj out of action right now, the role of MoS is more crucial. He has done a commendable and exemplary job, with Indian intervention in Yemen for Humanitarian Assistance earning laurels for India.

Additionally the outreach with African nations has been successful.

Continuation of policy as also steering it along in sync with GoI objectives is a greater priority.

Personally, I would not like to have an ex-Chief in as DM till about 5-10 years after his retirement ... conflict of interest.

6. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    I heard Piyush Goyal is going to be moved to Finance ministry.
    All sorts of rumours doing rounds.

7. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Being Indian
    Being Gossiper!

8. Bhoot Pishach

Bhoot Pishach FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Let me summarise the whole debate.

Infect what you had said was contrary to my feedback. That's why I had asked you to elaborate about your feedback.

BJP had not no clue till 11th hour. They were confident about getting majority seats or atleast 18+ but it did not happened. They were caught on the wrong foot when MGP & GFP demanded MP to be CM, for their support. They left no choice other then current decision.

Politically this seams a right decision, but in larger good of India this is worst decision.

RRM Mr. Subhash Bhamre is very inexperienced to handle important portfolio like Defense, independently.

And this is vindicated by charge of Defense been given to AJ. My worst fear coming true as Jetlee now heading Defense.

Hope you understand my posting above post.

It seams nobody was having any clue what's going on. I just referred to the the same.

Hope this helps every body.

kiduva21 likes this.
  9. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Track back ...

margin of defeat of BJP in Goa was given 3-5 by me.

track slightly forward .. told Jaitley not coming in as RM. PMO controls the whole action. RRM is clued in and will suffice. Interim post given - that is Modi. Short of Modi sitting here, no one could predict it: there was a prediction of Parrikar moving out 5 months back for Goa (@PARIKRAMA and @nair were in that discussion elsewhere). Parrikar made lot of gaffes as RM. His statements at times were found 'unprofessional' as RM.

There was a logic for everything. Jaitley is out ... wait and watch. Not everything predicted or expected happens. Situation changes.

That does not mean that your post was of any real consequence at #1914 when you posted the last line....

Grow up. No one has even bothered to speak on your earlier posts and we moved on

Word of free advice : don't push when you can pull

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
    Bregs, BlackOpsIndia and PARIKRAMA like this.
  10. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Nah, Jaitley is just keeping the seat warm for someone else, like he did in 2014 (before Parrikar took charge).Jaitley won't take any important decsions.

Bregs, BlackOpsIndia, Grevion and 2 others like this.
  11. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    He is an awful candidate for DM.

Bregs, PARIKRAMA and Levina like this.
  12. Vyomonaut

Vyomonaut IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    what about VK Singh as DM ...........?????

13. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    as much as I understand the concern here regarding Jaitley, we have to give credit to him for having pushed the GST despite vocal opposition and a raucous Media. he is a smooth operator and usually gets things done without ruffling too many feathers. Defense Ministry, as much as it is for the development of Defense Infra and Industry, is also a very political position. still requires a Politician with astute skill and realpolitik to take the game head on. He may just prove to be invaluable in whatever short span he would serve as DM.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  14. Bhoot Pishach

Bhoot Pishach FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Wait and watch DM post will not be veccent i.e. direct under PM. Either AJ continuous to be DM or somebody other senior will be posted there, apart from any one who has served in forces, any one from the forces will not be considered here.

Mark my words it will be like this only PM is concentrating on large political and policy matters he dont have spare time to directly handle complicated ministry like Defence, MP has proved how crucial and technically complicated ministry is Defense. Be it OROP, Defense contracts or be it indigenous developments.

A shrewd decision maker is needed to negotiate in arms deal, and strong person is needed to keep away dalals form the corridors of MOD, this is what MP proved in his tenure. You dont like what he speaks, it's your problem, but he is a straight forward man, so be it.

Last line was because we all were proved wrong.

BlackOpsIndia likes this.
  15. Inactive

Inactive Guest

No.

Actually he has been found obstructing the funding of Services. The Services are apprehensive of his being in chair too long.

Interim measure.

Bregs, PARIKRAMA and Abingdonboy like this.