Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Attack Helicopters of IAF - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), AH-64D Apache : Updates & Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by flanker143, Mar 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

It would make much more sense for the ARDC to fight with the ADA to design the AMCA. Let them fight at the design phase and then 1 gets selected. A single design system is the same as the single vendor system.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  2. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Technically, govt funding for major projects till prototype stage is the norm everywhere in the world. I think ADA has far more achievements than what you credit them with. Fact is HAL was completely uncommitted to LCA for a very long time. AT that time if ADA hadn't soldiered on, the project might have stalled.

Abingdonboy and Ankit Kumar 001 like this.
  3. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    LCA is NOT HAL product and we don't have anything to do with it's development. ADA was specifically created by DRDO and IAF to keep HAL out of LCA program as HF24 Marut had caused quite a bit of headaches for IAF, MOD and Political brass. ADA was tasked with creating Production package for LCA and HAL as purely a production agency. if ADA did not do it's job its not HAL's problem to fix it. We will straight say, No to an incomplete production package.

Hellfire, Agent_47 and GuardianRED like this.
  4. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    well - whose product is it then? its called the "HAL LCA" isnt it?

5. MilSpec

Country Flag:
    India
    Read, there is lot of info out there.

6. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

True enough that HAL is not the design agency. But then considering this is a project of national importance, they could have put in some additional support.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  7. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
  8. MilSpec

Country Flag:
    India
    I wish if things would work that way.

For national importance I wish , the Orpeheus Engines were changed on HF24 marut,
    I wish HAL's Proposal for uprating HF24 with a Russian engine.
    I wish HAL got funding for it's HTT40 from the get go.
    I also wish that there was Cap allocation for Phase IV MKI indigenization. I wish ukranian and Uzbek spares weren't bought for Mig21 to snub HAL,
    I wish HAL specs on Mig23 and 27 for R23 was followed instead of R35.

We can wish for a lot of things, but things do not turn out that way. MoD has snubbed HAL on multiple occasions out of spite, for corrupt practices, for Power over High Value Projects. There is no reason for HAL to do anything out of kindness for organisations that do not think twice before stabbing us in the back.

9. GuardianRED

GuardianRED Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Hellfire likes this.
  10. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    I understand.. please enlighten me. I would like to learn.

11. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    HAL has started taking loans for new product developments.

Btw, who will get money when HAL go IPO? Government or HAL?

Abingdonboy and Hellfire like this.
  12. MilSpec

Country Flag:
    India
    not sure, most likely the government as the president of India (iow GOI) will be selling the stake.

Hellfire likes this.
  13. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

Digital Audio Control System (DACS) onboard HAL LCH eases the Pilot’s burden by efficiently minimizing the controls, interfacing all the signals in a logical manner and provides the following functions:
    1. Intercommunication between Flight Crew and Ground Crew.
    2. Interface and control of mike and headset audio signals of various transceivers.
    3. Interface of warning signals.
    4. Interface to the Cockpit Voice Recorder and Voice Data Recorder. Digital Audio Control System (DACS) implements audio signal conditioning in digital domain using digital signal processing techniques and provides better signal quality by using efficient Adaptive Noise Cancellation

Solid-state modular design and rugged construction provides long life, high reliability and excellent maintainability for both new and retrofit applications on fixed wing and rotary wing platforms. The DACS is a compact, lightweight and low cost system. The DACS 2300A series meets stringent MIL STD requirements like MIL STD 810F and MIL STD 461C/E.

14. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Anyone got any updates on the ATGMs for the Rudra? I think the IA and IAF are holding out for the HELINA but even if it is cleared this year production will take a long long time to ramp up to the level required to meet the demands of an ever growing fleet of Rudras that will only be compounded in the next 2-3 years as the LCH enters production.

IA is seeting up its second and third Rudra SQNs in the NE by the end of this year but without ATGMs (in decent stocks) these SQNs are all but toothless.

@PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar 001 @Sancho @nair @Agent_47 @Gessler @Sathya @randomradio @Grevion @Blackjay @bharathp @MilSpec @Hellfire

GuardianRED likes this.
  15. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    We have a decent stock of Ataka-V and AT6 ATGMs for use from Mi25/35 and Mi17 helicopter fleet of ours. If emergency needs arises, we will have a option.

But of course it is not a solution[Permanent] for Rudra and LCH, they need their own modern systems.