Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Attacks on Indian Military Bases and Camps

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Hindustani78, May 27, 2018.

  1. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017
    Messages:
    431
    Likes Received:
    118
    Country Flag:
    India
    New Delhi, May 26, 2018 22:28 IST
    Updated: May 26, 2018 22:28 IST


    In the early hours of November 29, a group of heavily armed terrorists, dressed in police uniform, attacked an Army unit, located three km from the Corps Headquarters at Nagrota.

    Three Pakistani militants were killed in the operation and a huge quantity of firearms, ammunition, and explosives were seized.



    The National Investigation Agency (NIA) says it has made a breakthrough in the 2016 case of the Nagrota Army camp attack in which seven soldiers were killed by three Pakistan based Militants

    Takes custody of alleged operative for attack on Army camp in 2016

    The NIA took the custody of operative, from the Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday.

    Operative who had been in the custody of the police for some time after returning from Nepal recently, had informed interrogators of his role in terror modules, including the group involved in the Nagrota attack.

    An NIA spokesperson said operative a resident of Lolab in Kupwara, was arrested for his alleged involvement in the attack on the Army camp on November 29, 2016.


    Well-planned conspiracy

    Preliminary interrogation of the accused revealed that the attack was carried out by a well-planned conspiracy hatched in Pakistan, the spokesperson said.

    The accused is said to have told the interrogators that he and other operatives in the Kashmir Valley were in touch with the Military leadership in Pakistan and received a freshly infiltrated group of three Pakistani Militants from the Samba sector a day before the attack.

    They stayed at a hotel in Jammu and then left the attackers outside the Army camp in Nagrota late at night before proceeding to the Valley, the agency spokesperson said.

    The recoveries made from the attackers pointed to the role of the Pakistan Brigade and International Squad formed in 2013.

    Two pages bearing some text in the Urdu script were found at the site, near the bodies of the militants.


    https://www.theweek.in/content/arch...personnel-martyred-nagrota-terror-attack.html

    The martyrs

    1. Major Gosavi Kunal Mannadir, 33, hailed from Pandharpur village in Solapur, Maharashtra. He is survived by his wife, Uma K Gosavi.

    2. Major Akshay Girish Kumar, 31, hailed from Koramangala in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He is survived by his wife Sangeeta Ravinderan.

    3. Havildar Sukhraj Singh, 32, hailed from Maan Nagar village of Gurdaspur in Punjab. He is survived by his wife Harmeet Kaur.

    4. Lance Naik Kadam Sambhaji Yeshwantro, 32, hailed from Janapuri village in Nanded district of Maharashtra. He is survived by his wife Sheetal.

    5. Grenadier Raghvendra Singh, 28, hailed from Gadijatar in Dholpur district of Rajasthan. He is survived by his wife Anjana Sikaewal.

    6. Rifleman Asim Rai, 32, hailed from Ratanchha village in Nepal. He is survived by his wife Madhu Kala Rai.

    7. Naik Chitranjan Debbaram, 37, hailed from Kalampur in West Tripura district of Tripura. He is survived by his wife Namita Debbarma and two children.

    Jammu: Army men showing arms and other items recovered from militants who attacked Nagrota camp, near Jammu on Nov,29. PTI Photo[​IMG][​IMG]


    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/ja...-attackers-had-come-through-samba/595979.html
    Amir Karim Tantray
    Tribune News Service
    Jammu, May 27


    The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing the Nagrota terror attack of November 29, 2016, in its investigation has revealed that the militants, who attacked an Army installation near the 16 Corps headquarters, had infiltrated through the Samba sector on the International Border (IB).

    The probe has authenticated The Tribune story published on December 1, 2016, which said the militants had infiltrated through the Samba sector along the International Border. The Tribune was the only newspaper to report about the infiltration route of the militants.

    During the encounter, the Army had recovered war-like stores from the militants. On the same day, the BSF had managed to kill three infiltrators in the Samba sector and had made huge recoveries. The recoveries made by the Army and the BSF at the two places were similar in nature and sources had told The Tribune that all militants were part of one group of infiltrators which had split in to two sub-groups.

    The Tribune had further reported that the militants were provided support by sleeper cells in Jammu which ferried them from Samba to Jammu and to the encounter site before launching the attack.

    On November 29, 2016, fidayeen militants had attacked an Army camp at Nagrota in which seven Army personnel, including two Majors, were killed and three others were injured. Three Pakistani terrorists were also killed in the operation and a huge quantity of arms, ammunition, explosives and other articles were recovered from the slain terrorists.

    After the attack, the investigation was handed over to the NIA by the Union Home Ministry.

    Nov 29, 2016, incident

    On November 29, 2016, fidayeen militants had attacked an Army camp at Nagrota in which seven Army personnel, including two Majors, were killed and three others were injured. Three Pakistani terrorists were also killed in the operation and a huge quantity of arms, ammunition, explosives and other articles were recovered from the slain terrorists.
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017
    Messages:
    431
    Likes Received:
    118
    Country Flag:
    India
    On January 2, 2016, four militants had laid siege to the Air Force station. The terrorists were killed after a 24-hour gun battle. On July 27, 2015, 5.2 kg of RDX was found on the railway track near Dinanagar, 20 km from Pathankot.
     
  3. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017
    Messages:
    431
    Likes Received:
    118
    Country Flag:
    India
    SHOPIAN, May 26, 2018 22:44 IST
    Updated: May 27, 2018 11:07 IST
    http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ers-in-calm/article24002585.ece?homepage=true

    The sites of violent encounters, the laden orchards of south Kashmir.

    The “suspension of operations”, what is called a conditional ceasefire or cease-ops, announced by the Union Home Ministry, has been in place for a week, and Mr. Bhat wants to maximise the time he can spend harvesting his crop of ‘Double Gilaas’ and ‘Misri’ cherry varieties this month.

    Mr. Bhat hopes the cease-ops orders mean security restrictions will also be relaxed as, at present, they must submit identity cards to the security pesonnel and account for each family member going into the orchards, mentioning a fixed time for their return.

    Cherries will reach the markets in time and won’t be damaged in storage rooms.

    “Cordon and Search Operations” (CASO) that routinely disrupt life, due to lockdowns of the security forces and the shutdowns sparked by killing of militants and civilians now.

    While the fruit hangs on the trees, the air in Shopian still hangs heavy with the bloodshed of the recent past. Laden with nature’s bounty, these orchards across four districts of south Kashmir — Anantanag, Pulwama, Kulgam and Shopian — have also doubled as hideouts for militants from these areas, and hence often became the unwitting sites of violent encounters and deaths.

    The current wave of militancy is identified with the killing of local boy Burhan Wani in 2016, one of a group of 11 militants who were famously photographed in an apple orchard here.

    Three weeks ago, the last of the 11, Hizbul Mujahideen district commander Saddam Paddar was killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag.

    Four other militants and five civilians were also killed and an estimated 118 protesters injured while trying to prevent the encounter.

    Saddam Paddar was killed and buried alongside his neighbour Bilal Ahmad Mohand, 31. The facade of Mohand’s house , whose house-front in Shopian’s is now covered with massive photographs of him holding a gun.

    Militants would move around openly without even covering their faces, while neighbours and locals would crowd encounter sites to facilitate their escape and also turn out in large numbers at their funerals.

    Short on weapons, these groups have had to procure guns by robbing police posts — nearly 150 guns and 100 grenades and tear gas shells have been stolen in the past three years.

    As a result, records show that compared to 2006, when militancy was at a low, and locals would refuse to even bury a militant’s body, the numbers of those signing up for terror groups has increased steadily, from 12 in 2012, to 78 in 2015, to 126 in 2017. In the first four months of 2018 alone, 65 had turned to militancy, the police estimate.


    According to officials, this process is accelerated at funerals, and for each militant killed, two associates would be recruited. As a result, despite nearly 200 militants being killed in what the Army has called “Operation All Out”, each death led to a larger number taking up the gun. Senior sources in both the Prime Minister’s Office and the J&K Chief Minister’s office told The Hindu that these figures were the reason for the government’s decision to suspend all operations for the month of Ramzaan, which is likely to be extended past the Amarnath Yatra in July this year.
     
  4. Hindustani78

    Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2017
    Messages:
    431
    Likes Received:
    118
    Country Flag:
    India
    http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-in-pulwama/article24010070.ece?homepage=true
    Srinagar, May 28, 2018 07:50 IST
    Updated: May 28, 2018 08:02 IST
    The militants managed to escape by using nearby orchards as a cover.

    One Army jawan and a civilian were killed as militants attacked an Army camp in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday night.

    These are first deaths in a militant attack on security installation since the Centre announced Ramzan 'cease-ops' in Kashmir 12 days ago.

    “Militants fired upon the Army’s 50 Rashtriya Rifles camp at Kakapora on Sunday night, triggering exchange of fire,” said Senior Superintendent of Police, Pulwama, Mohammad Aslam Choudary.

    The militants managed to escape by using nearby orchards as a cover.

    The civilian, who died on the spot after being hit by a bullet, was identified as Bilal Ahmad Ganaie from Pulwama’s Naraw-Lajoora. Ganaie was a driver by profession.

    Srinagar-based Army spokesperson Colonel Rajesh Kalia identified the deceased soldier as Sepoy Vikram Singh. Singh succumbed to his injuries at Army's base hospital in Srinagar. “It was a cowardly and provocative act of terror. Terrorists carried out a stand-off attack,” said Colonel Kalia.

    Militants also snatched two service rifles on Saturday night from the policemen guarding a political leader affiliated with J&K Tehreek Bachao Party in Anantnag.

    Ever since the Ramzan ceasefire was announced, militants have resorted to at least four grenade attacks, four weapon snatching bids and two ambushes.

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]


    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/ja...itant-attack-succumbs-to-injuries/596269.html

    Srinagar, May 28

    An Army soldier injured in a gunfight between militants and the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district succumbed to his injuries on Monday, the Defence Ministry said.

    Militants attacked the camp of the 50 Rashtriya Rifles (RR) late on Sunday. The death toll in the incident has now reached two.

    Earlier, a civilian identified as Bilal Ahmad Ganai, a taxi driver, was killed in the crossfire between the militants and security forces.

    “In a cowardly and provocative act of terror, terrorists carried out a stand-off attack on the Kakapora Army Camp on Sunday. One soldier was killed in the brief encounter that followed the attack,” Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Rajesh Kalia said.

    Taking advantage of the darkness, the militants managed to escape.

    Following the civilian death, authorities on Monday suspended mobile Internet services in the district. Rail services passing through Pulwama have also been suspended as a precautionary measure. IANS
     
    Last edited: May 28, 2018

Share This Page