Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Baba Ramdev arrested by police!!

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by JanjaWeed, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

it's complete & utter chaos at ram leela maidan!! what's happening in our country!! is this democracy or some sort of dictatorship rule running the country? utter shameful!!

2. WARrior

WARrior 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

now how many of u wanna agree or disagree or whatever...that its a fake democracy ?

fake democracy : govt have rules and regulations as per democracy (ie. on paper) but actually this democracy is used for its own means and personal profits.

if someone raises voice for this misuse, the real dictatorship comes out.....

how will some indian members defend indian democracy now ?

how many of u still dream that the public tax money in swiss bank wud come back ever ?

3. Varad

Varad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Lo jee gaye Baba jee andar. :lol:

4. WARrior

:tongue:

ya dude, what we mango people can do other than just getting frustrated and laugh. but why am i feeling bad? i am among the most privileged men of this and my other country. frankly i eat india's namak (and also sandwiches in subway restaurant) very often. so whatever govt does is very much conducive to my happiness. its just its not conducive for the potential of this country which baba cud have activated.

i feel its damn clear, its most of the politicians of the congress govt who have its black money in swiss banks.

5. StingRay

StingRay 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Why is the police claiming that he hasn't been arrested, but just "taken away" on grounds that the the protest was unjustified and he was trying to run a mass yoga session.
    Horrible turn of events. Glad that a lot of educated people are there and were witness to this. I am sure the protests will be stepped up tomorrow.

6. WARrior

thats da problem with educated ppl. they understand things better but definitely wont enter something which mite effect their lyf physically or mentally. so i think, there will be protest but on advanced level, ie. media, etc etc..... but no more bhook hartal and all.

7. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

the way it was handled is completely out of order. they should have done it in a civilised manner. Just goes to show even in today's india things can be done yesterday's way. Our politicians have not changed a bit when it comes to safeguarding their personal interests!!

8. Varad

Bro, democracy does not mean we arm twist the goverment everytime. Going by the current scenario, we will begin to see hunger strikes in the country on a daily basis.

1 person likes this.
  9. WARrior

dude, thats a very defensive statement. do u think the country with 1.2+ bn population is fool enough to not understand what to support and what not to.

u fear that everyone will get to hunger strike. do u think someone like ajmal kasaab or afzal guru will hunger strike against their capital punishment ?

every thing is for a cause and how u intend to defend and justify this police action at 12.30 am ? if baba was wrong then why didnt the protectors of justice dare to say and debate in front of this largest democracy and tear his claims apart ?

dont u think that was more sane, justified and DEMOCRATIC ? :rolleyes2:

2 people like this.
  10. Varad

As you aptly put it, Baba needs to debate properly with the goverment and not sit on a hunger strike and disrupt the whole process. The black money is a complex issue where we would have to talk with the respective foreign goverments and i think the goverment has already started this process.

1 person likes this.
  11. StingRay

@Varad... I agree that Baba or for that matter any one else should be able to discuss his/her demands with the govt, but that does not mean that the govt won't allow him to protest... as long as it is peaceful and within the law.
    It is a serious mistake the govt has committed arresting him, since he didn't do anything which called for his arrest. They could have easily sent a panel of ministers to discuss with him, but nothing of that sort happened.

1 person likes this.
  12. Varad

I just saw the news. they are saying police has asked him to leave the city.By the morning we'll get a clearer picture. But Baba's fast can agitate a crowd already marred by scams and other issues. Maybe in this context the govt. took this decision to halt the fast.

13. StingRay

The govt is just getting over protective and over cautious... they wouldn't have taken this step if they had not feared their positions and were guilty of scams. Everyone is involved to some extent or other and till now I haven't seen the usual vocal BJP in this fight against corruption and scams. Where are they?... or are they afraid of coming out in the open because they are also complicit in this crime.

14. WARrior

dude, no one was agitated. infact after police intervention, ppl were in a mood to cut and kill but baba stopped his supporters. no where can u prove baba did any anti-legal act. it was peaceful satyagrah.

its more clear that govt is the biggest culprit against the starving poor of this country.

now the biggest need for indian so called democracy was NEGETIVE VOTING. now even fuget that.

15. Varad

Ofcourse they are involved neck deep in this black money mess. Be it Congress BJP or ant part and this is what adds extra complications to the issue. Most advisable thing be a step by step approach. if we can have the lokpal introduced i hope that will curb corruption and as for black money i hope wikileaks come out soon, so that concrete actions are taken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.