Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Baba Ramdev to do a Hazare, to launch 'Satyagraha' in Delhi

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Akaal, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akaal

Akaal 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

MUMBAI: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Wednesday said he would undertake a fast unto death in New Delhi on June 4 to demand recovery of black money deposited by Indians in Swiss banks, disclosure of account-holders' names and a ban on high-denomination currency notes.

The satyagraha will be held at Ramlila Maidan "to force the Government to act on corruption-related issues," Ramdev told reporters here.

"Along with me, several supporters spread across the world will also fast during the satyagraha," he said.

"The Centre has not taken any concrete decision on the issue of black money. The fight against corruption will continue till it is not rooted out," he said.

A strong Lokpal law should be enacted by August 2011, Ramdev said. The Lokpal panel should have the power to recover money swindled by the corrupt and punish them with death sentence,:sniper: he said.

Ramdev also demanded declaration of illegal wealth held by Indians in foreign countries, ratification of the UN Convention against Corruption and ban on all high-denomination currency notes such as Rs 1,000 and Rs 500. :biggthumpup:

In this 'Satyagraha against Corruption' movement, Ramdev has invited social activist Anna Hazare, former IPS officer Kiran Bedi and Karnataka Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde.

However, Ramdev said though he appreciated efforts of eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan and his son Prashant regarding Lokpal Bill, they had not been invited to join him.

"The fight against corruption will never be easy. Fingers will be pointed at everyone and there could be a conspiracy against those who are a part of this movement," he said, adding he will write a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issues relating to corruption.

Asked if he was delinking himself from Hazare's movement by announcing his own satyagraha, Ramdev said, "Annaji's agitation was on the single issue of Lokpal Bill. We have to take the agitation to the next level."

Ramdev, however, clarified he had no intention to enter politics. "I do not have any ambition to be a politician. I will never actively participate in politics."

Baba Ramdev to do a Hazare, to launch 'Satyagraha' in Delhi - The Times of India

1 person likes this.
  2. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Hazare did a Ramdev, not the other way round.

The issue of corruption and black money was first raised by Baba Ramdev. But never ever did our sickular media gave it any importance.

After hazare hijacked this issue from Baba ramdev, the media went gag- ga over him, called him a messiah of sorts. The sickular india media made a villain out of Baba Ramdev as if he was against the movement which was not the case.

Besides, as Baba Ramdev's inclusion in the movement would have given a 'hindu touch' to it, they kept him away from it.

1 person likes this.
  3. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

If he has no Political Ambitions...we have no problem in him having a satyagraha...in fact we should support him & any other Like minded person...

4. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

I would like to see someone actually die of hunger on these so called "fast unto death"

Hope babaji doesn't disappoint me:tup:

2 people like this.
  5. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I feel Baba Ramdev's "Hajaregiri" is diluting the anti-corruption campaign because he has plans to launch a political party. Hajare's campaign was effective because he was independent ( in Maharashtra, he usually viewed as Anti-BJP man).

6. Coltsfan

Why is he launching another political party? We already have a baba-kamandal party:mrgreen:

7. MyRaven

MyRaven 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

The good intentions aside. Why is a yoga guru branching into activities not remotely connected to his core competency??? Just a query that is all.

8. Rudrakx

May be he thinks Yoga can clear corrupt politicians :lol:

9. Not Sure

Not Sure 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

This guy severely lacks political acumen, and yet he wants to join politics? They will shred him apart... his fame has gotten to his head.

10. Coltsfan

Because he has a fan following and he is trying to capitalize on that, what better way than get into politics.

11. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Major SENIOR MEMBER

No more satyagrah please

12. Rudrakx

I don't/can't doubt his intentions but he just don't fit well in Indian Politics, beside that their is need to reduce the number of political parties in India for better governance. I think he could do better in healthcare (well needed) than politics.

13. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

He has ambition, his party wants to contest all seats in next Lok Sabha election!!

14. Akaal

:tdown:

If Baba Ramdev demand are met then you might not even see the poor bhartiye dying of poverty. I know that will certainly disappoint you.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  15. Akaal

Anna Hazare ji campaign was successful because some wise people were able to rise above their personal liking and disliking and came forward to the service of nation. I hope better sense prevails over people this time too and this time too they choose nation over their personal liking and disliking.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.