Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Bal Thackeray is like god to me: Rajnikanth

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by chachachoudhary, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Mumbai: Superstar Rajnikant today met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray here. The actor drove to Thackeray's residence at 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra and sought the Sena chief's blessings.

After meeting Thackeray, Rajnikant compared the Sena chief to god. "He is like god to me," the actor said. Rajni, who has roots in Maharashtra, also expressed his desire to act in Marathi films.

His latest film 'Endhiran' (Robot), where he is paired opposite Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is a box-office hit. The actor arranged a special screening of the film for Bollywood friends here last night.

Sources said the meeting between Rajnikanth and Thackeray lasted for nearly 40 minutes. "The Sena chief enquired about the superstar's latest movie and wanted to know the technological details of what went into its making. He also asked Rajnikanth about the box office reports," sources said.

Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray presented the actor with 'Maharashtra Desha', his pictorial book on important landmarks in the state. The Sena chief wanted to know Rajnikanth's "fitness" mantra and asked how old he was.

"Rajnikanth said he was 60-years-old and told the Sena chief that he too looked fit and healthy. To which Thackeray said he was 85," sources said. The superstar, who was born Shivajirao Gaikwad into a humble Maharashtrian family, said he always wanted to meet Thackeray when in Mumbai.

"Balasaheb told the actor that he was most welcome at Matoshree," sources added. According to sources, the conversation was mostly in English and little of Marathi.

2. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Superstar Rajinikanth on Tuesday met Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray in Mumbai.

Rajinikanth, whose film Endhiran is doing roaring business, drove to Thackeray's residence in suburban Bandra. The meeting is being touted as a courtesy call.

After the meeting, Rajinikanth compared the Sena chief to god. "He is like god to me," agencies quoted the actor as saying.

Thackeray has often showered praises on Rajnikanth in the Sena mouthpiece Saamna. In one of his columns, Thackeray had taken a dig at Bollywood stars and said they should take a cue from Rajnikanth, who always fights for the rights of his karambhoomi.

Rajinikanth is a Maharashtrian by birth, but he has always been seen as a person who promotes the cause of Tamil Nadu - the state where he earned his name and fame.

- With inputs from agencies

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/115142/LATEST%20HEADLINES/rajinikanth-meets-sena-chief-in-mumbai,-calls-him-god-.html

3. True_Indian

True_Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

If Thakarey is god i am happy with demon..Lol.

3 people like this.
  4. AVADI

AVADI Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

This is one of 1001 reasons why Rajni should not enter Politics.

5. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

and this is the reason how Rajni got those heavenly godly power's

1 person likes this.
  6. Blackenthesky

Blackenthesky 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I don't think bal thakre has too many followers around in india.as here according to my indian friends,they say''balthakre is like joker to us''.right. because he is possesive with maharashtra province public only and neglects all others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.