Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

BBC: 15th Aug is '70th Anniversary of Partition'

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Guynextdoor, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Yes....BBC has decided not to focus on Indian independence anniversary and decided to run instead a set of features on the 'tragic partition of 1947' . Instead of celebrating India that has grown and is rising after independence, Focus on:

- Millions killed in religious violence which continues to today
    -Women were abducted in large numbers
    - Indian government has disrespected the rights of maharajas and taken away their lands/ properties illegally

I got news for you BBC- millions died....IT WAS FULLY WORTH IT and if we had to go through the whole damn thing again, we will do it. The most important thing is that you left. After your rule ended, a great new era has started...so FU @$$holes.

@Abingdonboy @Nilgiri @ranjeet @Hellfire @Levina you guys ought to watch the coverage. Will make your blood boil.

2. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    You missed this well written piece ? - https://t.co/VyXqw1Ssz3

proud_indian and Guynextdoor like this.
  3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The same day, National geographic will also feature a one hour film about INA. Do you get the contrast?

4. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    But the British wouldn't spare an opportunity to play victim...

Pamela
    Raised in Calcutta (now Kolkata), India

In the beautiful gardens at the Victoria Memorial we would wheel our doll's prams and meet up with our little friends. The nannies were all dressed in white. We had a happy time there.

I could go anywhere in Calcutta totally on my own, totally in safety, totally respected.

But then I was cycling in Chowringee one day, and out of the blue an Indian man pushed me off my bike in heavy traffic.

He said ‘quit India’.

I fell into the street with all the cars and rickshaws and everything around me. It was extremely dangerous. I could have been killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/partition_how_it_affected_me

5. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    That's quite shocking, coming from Justin Rowlatt...:agree:

Levina and Abingdonboy like this.
  6. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Hehe. I was thinking about mentioning it to you here but seems like you already know.:tongue:

Levina, Abingdonboy and Guynextdoor like this.
  7. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Also they'll explain how the empire 'civilized' the natives & how civilization came to an end when the left our shores...

8. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Islam has a way of turning humans into mindless zombie-isa killing machines

Abingdonboy and Bhoot Pishach like this.
  9. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    BBC is nothing but another Al-Jazeera. A mouth piece of terrorists and I really want to know if they have any loyalty to the Crown today? These guys have sold and allowed rape of their women by the very same people whom they protect. Which nation, people or organisation can ever do that except BBC-Biwi & bahen **** company.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  10. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    BBC is repressing a growing rift in British Labour party (who are no real friends of India either and are quite lefty etc - so definitely are not some BNP wingnuts that can be dismissed by identity sweeping)...... about rape gangs systematically preying on teenage girls from a certain "pure" community in UK (i.e well beyond the rotterham ones). Basically a female Labour MP called them by their "pure" name directly, and some of the "pure"-origin (and P-C, virtue signalling allies) ppl in labour party got seriously maddened by it....but original labout MP lady is not backing down (good for her).

This community when BBC has no choice but to report is identified as "Asian"....that was my last red pill moment about BBC. But this story is being repressed big time by BBC right now anyway.....whereas if Trump says 1% about something in such an arena, its headline news, way over say 100's of people physically dieing somewhere in some corner of the globe. Their shameless hypocrisy (at many levels) is astounding.

But we need to keep getting bigger, stronger and ...not get mad at these slights/jibes/mocking they have no end of....but get even. Always get even. The Jews have a quote from their ancient literature that I always liked....the book is open, the hand is writing. (i.e record of keeping every bad infliction to learn from and then deal with at appropriate time - their PM Eshkol quoted it I believe in the build up to the six day war in front of his cabinet). I do not need to explain the relevance of it in their modern story....but there is much to learn from this attitude.

Levina, Grevion, proud_indian and 3 others like this.
  11. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    The last few days have been almost intolerable, almost every single media outlet has been covering this story and in all the predictable ways- talking of the horrors of Partition, how "troubled" India and Pakistan are and of course the cherry on top of this cake....Kashmir.

Honestly, I prefer it when India is ignored by the British media, no matter what the story they will find a way to twist it to berate India. Every compliment is qualified and every flaw amplified.

The way the British in particular like to fetishise the Partition truly makes me sick- they seem to revel in painting it as a "communal conflict" and use it as a justification for British rule almost, so as to say "look how we tamed these savages, the moment we left they went back to being the beasts they are".

12. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
  13. Guynextdoor

Yeah bro, BBC is just PATHETIC. But this is the story they have to run. 'Britain left India 70 years ago and it became a mini superpower' is a line they cannot take. 'We left and millions died and the scars continue to today' is the line they have to take.

14. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It's worse than that! They take the most intellectually dishonest approach and create a narrative with two entirely opposing concepts- 1) Since Britain left India has become a hell hole and has made no progress 2) ALL of India's post-independance success is BECAUSE of the Empire (typical cr@p- railway, democracy, English language etc).

And then there is the bizzare obsession they have with Caste, NEVER have I seen any Western publication point out that casteism was promoted and exacerbated by the British Empire and that has had a lasting legacy. They make out that India is actively run on caste, it's not even made clear that caste based discrimination is illegal in India.

They also like to slip in that Indians hold no ill-feeling towards Britain and/or Indian still look up to the UK today thereby furthering the notion that the Empire brought only happiness to India.

Guynextdoor and GSLV Mk III like this.
  15. Guynextdoor

the fact is that many Brits secretly wish that India had continued as a colony- which is why in repeated polls it comes out that they are 'proud' of their empire days. These things are the subconcious ways in which that comes out.