Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Beijing warns Delhi on South China Sea

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Nirmzz, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirmzz

Nirmzz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

NEW DELHI: China on Monday said "outside forces" and "foreign companies" should not be involved in the South China Sea dispute.

In a direct warning to India, the Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said, "We don't hope to see outside forces involved in the South China Sea dispute and do not want to see foreign companies engage in activities that will undermine China's sovereignty and interest."

This was in response to a question on the discussions between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao on the sidelines of the East Asia summit in Bali last week.

Meanwhile, South China Sea will feature prominently in a new dialogue between India and Australia starting on Tuesday. The bilateral dialogue on East Asia will include exchanges on maritime security and North Korea as well.

The Indian side will be led by Gautam Bambawale, joint secretary in MEA, and Peter Rowe, senior diplomat in the Australian foreign ministry. With the uranium issue out of the way, India will also play host to Australian foreign minister Stephen Smith in early December, as bilateral ties move into higher gear.

China's assertion of sovereignty over the South China Sea has sent all other affected countries pushing back by turning the issue into an international maritime problem. This was not on the Chinese agenda, because China wants to negotiate bilaterally with countries like Philippines and Vietnam. With India marking a prominent presence in the South China Sea, Beijing is deeply unhappy.

Describing the Singh-Wen meeting, the Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said the discussion centred on bilateral issues. "The Chinese side expressed willingness to work with the Indian side to pursue the path of friendship and cooperation and push forward bilateral relations on business cooperation. The two sides enjoy cooperation potential and we hope to continue to create favourable conditions for free flow of commodities, technology, finance, services and encourage enterprises from both sides to invest to the benefit of both people."

On India's part, the PM has said India's presence is "purely commercial". But India is concerned about China's growing presence in PoK, a concern openly acknowledged by the Army brass.

Beijing warns Delhi on South China Sea - The Times of India

2. Nirmzz

Nirmzz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

3. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Chinese look so cute when angry :rofl:

4. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Personally I do not think this warning (as per ToI) is for India. There are other "foreign powers" as well. Additionally, it does not seem logical that Chinese side is changing responses wrt India. India and China had a discussion over the issue just now. Therefore my brain says it is not for India.

5. sanman

sanman Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

China's attempt to take over the South China Sea is the huge provocation, and not the attempt by everyone else to resist it.

6. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    it was a joke.. relax dude. the way china is reacting there will be some skirmishes once their carrier will be ready.

7. lucifer

lucifer Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

if it okay making racist jokes, then I suppose we can even pick on dravidians or blacks and why not celtics.....
    it was a bad joke and there is no justification to defend such a thing.

8. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Lol Luci, while I agree with you (and my skin crawled when I read the post by d14gtc) I think you've been on this site for long enough to know that although everyone here will firmly state that racism is bad, there are two groups that this does not seem to include - the Pakistanis and the Chinese. The joke WAS in bad taste but I think it comes with the territory.

9. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

We are not afraid of this type of warnings....We will do it for Vietnam and Taiwan...

10. sanman

sanman Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

China is certainly provoking us first with their policy of going into Pak-Occupied Kashmir. What did they think we would do - just take it lying down? It shows that their leaders suffer from the same myopia as Pak does, ignorantly believing they can commit any provocation and that it will not be noticed by us or responded to.

In any case, it's not just India but the whole of East Asia and the US who are alarmed by China's sudden attempt to seize the South China Sea. There will be a far-reaching reaction across the world, and not just by India. So we have plenty of company when it comes to response against China.

11. d14gtc

d14gtc Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

dude u r lucky that u r on the other side of ma lappy --- better hold ur tongue ---- rather i could show u much dan u can ever imagine -- i didnt pointed any of ur reply so i guess u better not to indulge unwantedly.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  12. lucifer

dude.... first of all, u like guys sitting on ur lap?? okay, fine by me thats all u!
    2ndly ur english wasnt clear so I couldn't make much of ur threat so all I'd say is keep it to urself and be respectful of other ethnicities. Slam the govt all u want or even the people but keep off personal remarks, u have no idea how much can be thrown back at u!

13. d14gtc

d14gtc Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

hahaha funny though ill suggest you "Better show your love to those who care if you ve so much affection for chinese n etc. then take it to youself " --- and I dont bother whatever you said or ll do...carry on.... cya:wave:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. lucifer

v good :)

15. sahil

sahil 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

There is nothing to worry. They will make these type of noises..but when India is up to they can't do anything. Our PM has candidly told Mr.Wen that we will go ahead with our commercial activities in South china sea...also we have increased our collaborations in all fields with countries in SouthEast asia..especially Vietnam and Myanmar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.