Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Best City in South Asia?

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by kaku, Mar 16, 2012.

?

Which is the best city in south asia?

1. New Delhi/Delhi

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Mumbai

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Islamabad

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Karachi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dhaka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Colombo

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

:respect:

2. mikhail

mikhail 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

actually mate i was born in jamshedpur and almost all my mom's relative live there.i just love JSR and specially the Jubilee park.man its really awesome nad so is the dimna lake!:toast_sign:

1 person likes this.
  3. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Chandigarh lacks in many areas. Although it can be one of the cleanest- Mysore, Chandigarh are among the cleanest. But the rest goes to either Bangalore or New Delhi.

4. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Great.If i get chance then i would like to visit the jamshedpur to see the city.

5. mikhail

jamshedpur has got an exellent infrastructure thanks to JUSCO and also to some extents TELCO and TISCO.man there are hundreds of industrial units recently developed in the adityapur area of the city.beside JSR has also got loads of premium schools like loyola,sacred heart convent,carmel etc.there are also numerous top class colleges like XLRI,graduate college,karim city college,women college,shyamaprasad college etc.now for the healthcare we have got the Tata Main Hospital,Mercy hospital,Tata Govt. Hospital,TELCO Hospital,Tinplate Hospital,Railway Hospital etc.

6. DragonKnight

DragonKnight Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

There are good medical services available here, but don't include TMH. It has lost it's standards. The last thing a patient would want is to get admitted at TMH. Know why? TMH means.......

TUMHE MARNA HOGA.

1 person likes this.
  7. DragonKnight

DragonKnight Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Regarding education, it has got at least around 70 decent ICSE/CBSE schools or so.
    So including mikhail i think IDF has got 3 Jamshedpurians.....

8. Butters

Butters 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Can't say, every city is different. For example, I love both Bangalore and Mumbai for different reasons. What defines "best" city?

9. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Which is the cleanest city in India,i have heard a Lot about "Bangalore".Certainly I wont vote for Mumbai when it comes to "Cleanliness".

10. Butters

Butters 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Bangalore? Lol, I don't know about cleanest but it's defo cleaner than Mumbai/Delhi.

Mysore and Chandigrath are probably safe bets.

11. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Mysore is a heritage city and they maintain strict code of cleanliness. But metro being the cleanest goes to Bangalore for sure, only recently metro construction has put up a lot of dust cover.

12. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

I haven't been to bangalore but have heard of it a lot,Good Infrastructure and cleaner compared to other big cities in India.

Mumbai lack's cleanliness due to overcrowding and lot's of slums.In Infra , Mumbai will come lot ahead in say 10-15 years time.

I Will also vote for Navi Mumbai in cleanliness and Infrastructure development,being a daily traveller there,If you go around the areas of vashi,Belapur,Palm beach road,Nerul the pace of development is quicker.

13. mikhail

mate if you do visit jamshedpur,mark my words that you will definitely fall in love with the city.man its really neat,clean and disciplined as well.and please don't forget to visit Jubilee park and dimna lake.they are the usp of the city.

14. mikhail

ohh man its sad to hear that the standard of TMH hospital has fallen so much in the recent times.but i would like to remember the good ol' 90's when TMH used to the premium hospital of the entire city.and the funniest part is both me and my mom were born in TMH!actually nowadays my relatives generally go to the steel city nursing home in bistupur.

15. mikhail

yeah but loyola and sacred heart convent stand apart from other schools.i mean these two are the premium schools of jamshedpur and have long been considered among the few elite schools of india.
    mate who is the other jamshedpurian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.