Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Bin Laden living in Pakistan: CNN

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Osiris, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden is living comfortably in a house in northwest Pakistan, close to his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri, CNN on Monday quoted a NATO official as saying.

The Saudi-born militant, who is wanted for the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States, was being protected by local people and "some members of the Pakistani intelligence services," CNN said.

It also said that the al-Qaeda number two, the Egyptian-born Zawahiri, was living close to him.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

"Nobody in al-Qaeda is living in a cave," the unnamed senior NATO official is quoted as saying.

"The official also confirmed the US assessment that Mullah Omar, the leader of the Taliban, has moved between the cities of Quetta and Karachi in Pakistan over the last several months," said the report on CNN's website.

It said the NATO official could not be named "because of the sensitivity of the intelligence matters involved".

Pakistan's mountainous North Waziristan region, which borders Afghanistan, is believed to be a vortex of Afghan, Pakistani and Arab militants, and long held to be a possible hiding place for bin Laden.

Pakistani authorities have denied they are providing protection for the terror mastermind, who has a $US25 million ($A25.25 million) bounty on his head.

Bin Laden is believed to have escaped to the area from Afghanistan's Tora Bora region, which was a Taliban stronghold during the US-led invasion of late 2001 that unseated the Islamist regime that had provided him with safe haven.

The invasion was launched to punish the Taliban for allowing al-Qaeda to train and plot the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington that killed around 3,000 people.

The militants soon regrouped to launch an insurgency which is being fought by more than 150,000 US and NATO troops.

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, predicted in an interview earlier this month that bin Laden and Zawahiri -- who also has a $US25 million ($A25.25 million) price on his head -- would eventually would be hunted down.

Bin Laden living in Pakistan: CNN

NATO official: Bin Laden, deputy hiding in northwest Pakistan - CNN.com

2. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Seems like US preparation for more pound of flesh for the upcoming strategic dialogue. Seriously, if they had an idea about where Pakistanis are hiding these two goons, US would have already swooped in and taken them out....

4. JANA

JANA 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

occasional gibberish from yankees and their paranoid media

2 people like this.
  5. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Gibberish is a matter of perspective. But paranoid I would not call them. Media is purely another tool for US administration to further their objectives. They are just letting Kyani know what awaits in the next strategic dialogue. I think Pakistan is doing their own homework on this anyway. Read something about Pakistan getting disaffected with the amount of aid that is being given to them and also something about US treating Pakistan as a not-frontal ally....

6. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Pakistan goverment and military as incompentent as they are know where Osama is located. They are no better then the Taliban.

7. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Bin Laden living in Pakistan? In other news, I had breakfast today.

:lol:

If Osama and his deputy are still alive, then the only place they're likely to be is Pakistan.

8. JANA

JANA 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

You are very right about the media. Infact it is being used for psy-ops extensively. I consider it paranoid to keep own public under stress and fear of unknown by these pentagon, western policy makers.

9. Tailchopper

Tailchopper Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    Thats why people love Ahmadinejad :lol:

10. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

So that means U.S drones will b flying over Islamabad in the coming weeks:lol:

11. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Add karachi as well :lol: So much for a friendship :lol: :lol:

12. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

well i dont want that to happen. i dont want innocent people to lose thier lives for nothing.
    all i want US to do id to sieze pakistani nukes, and paralyse thier military. thts it.

13. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Osama in my opinion is no longer a big concern for the U.S. The guy is useless really, but does keeps the strong foundation alive. After his death, somebody else will probably take the role.

14. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    I for one would love to see him dead.

15. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

It is still important to capture him alive prosecute and hang him or have pictures of his dead body. He has become like William Wallace right now, it is imperative to destroy the legend of invincibility of Osama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.