Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

BJP MP Tarun Vijay's racism row: Do South Indians come from Mars?

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by SrNair, Apr 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    These are not random exercises in prejudice. These are part of a pattern and BJP leader Tarun Vijay’s comments about Indians not being racist, see, see, we all live with South Indians, aren’t we gracious, is not just an indictment of the man but enough misconduct to have him flung out of the party. Why would the party want to be associated with such a man?

[​IMG]
    BJP MP Tarun Vijay. AFP

For one, it is his geography. How are Indians different from south Indians? Are they some sort of sub-species living in the country at the benediction and grace and courtesy of we Aryan North Indians…at the pleasure of the superior whiter race. What’s this, Natchez, Mississippi?

And then this benighted ‘leader’ goes on to describe them as black people as if up north in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh and Punjab and Haryana and Bengal everyone is bathed in skinfair cream.

If this person had stood on a mountain and read out a scroll which said, “Hear ye, hear ye, I am as racist as a slave-owner in the American south, as nasty and ugly in my mind as the reddest of rednecks” and amplified his thoughts he could not have done a better job of shooting himself in the foot.

And that is the point. If BJP frontliners are thinking like this what price this party’s sense of unity and oneness and its expressions of overdeveloped impropriety.

After spilling the toxic waste in his mind he obviously rushes to apologise. For what? Even saying sorry makes one sick to the stomach.

That Mr Vijay is how you think. At least accept that.

When will suitable action be taken against such people for their utterances. The sheer dishonesty of it all is what is staggering. Vijay denies that the bashings of African students in Greater Noida were racist and the tangible proof of this lies in our tolerance of south Indians because they are also dark. Yes, sure. One can see all the bruised and battered Africans saying, right, man, got your point, just an error in judgment, after all, you are tight with your black people, so do the math, you must be tight with us too…and there we were thinking it’s racist, thanks so much for putting us back on track.

If he had said, you know what, let’s be blunt, we do have a ‘big brother’ attitude to the south and yes people of dark colour are victims of ugliness all over India and it is a damn disgrace that we should think like this and it is time it stopped, I would have been the first to shake his hand and say, thank you Sir, for saying it like it is and enough is enough.

But he did not do that. He said something so politically outrageous, so alarmingly lacking in knowledge and common sense and so mean-spirited that unless we Indians are prepared to wake up and understand that we are facing a huge ethnic, casteist, religious divide fanned by the very people voted in to create togetherness as the bedrock of a new India we will lemming over the cliff and it will be too late by the time we figure out how hatred and contempt are the new fragrances in our country.

Let me tell you something, Tarun Vijay. I am from the Punjab. My wife is from Kerala. North and South. And in the 37 years she has been married to me it’s not as though she was permitted by me to stay in the house, you silly fellow, or that I was doing her some huge favour in kindness, or that she was in some way being given a gift of my beneficence.

Even in trying to explain this idiocy one gives you uncalled for credit by recognising you.

I don’t know, why do we even try saving a lost cause…this hatefulness, this pettiness keeps growing like a poisonous weed and all we do is write about it when we should be rooting it out.

Published Date: Apr 07, 2017 08:06 pm | Updated Date: Apr 07, 2017 08:06 pm

http://www.firstpost.com/india/bjp-...-do-south-indians-come-from-mars-3373716.html

2. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    He did all this to defend India in AlJazeera Program.
    So BJP also have their own fair share of DigVijay Singh .
    What a nice shot on the foot irony .
    (sarcasm on)
    @Levina @nair @SpArK @kurup @Agent_47 and all others come on where are all this black friends ?

And where are all those white North Indians ?(sarcasm off ):D

Bregs, Levina, Grevion and 1 other person like this.
  3. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Can he be any more stupid ? Now the Qatari Islamist propaganda channel will use this against India !!!

Wolfpack, InfoWarrior, Levina and 3 others like this.
  4. Mercury

Mercury 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I would love to see Tarun Vijay resign from his MP post if he truly regrets. But, I know that is not going to happen.

At the same time, I am not surprised at his statement. When I worked at Nashik, I did go through humiliation in the office work place as I was the only south indian in the team.

Already these people are causing inconvenience by naming all new government policies and train names in Hindi, using Devanagari script in new Indian rupee notes. I am not against Hindi, but at the same time I do not want to give away my cultural identity. I wish to pass it on to my next generation.

Tarun Vijay has contributed his best for BJPs dream to establish hold in the southern part of India.

Bregs, InfoWarrior, Levina and 4 others like this.
  5. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    Al Jazeera and BBC both of them are even aggressive in reporting unnecessary news about India ,even more than our jealous mard i momins , would celebrate this in their entire program.
    Both of them were looking for something and this moron gave them one .
    Those who dont know how to use words shouldnt act as a spokesperson of our nation .
    This idiot even dont know the real meaning of 'black' .
    And difference between dark skin and black .
    Only black descendents in India are erstwhile soldiers and generals of Indian Kings known as Siddhis .

Right after the 2014 election something is really itching the AlJazeera and BBC .Still cant get away with it.
    Attacks against Africans already bring sufficient shame ,CNN,Fox and entire world medias were reported it .

6. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    We can see a lots of North Indians in Banglore and all other South Indian states as immigrant labouers or other employees.

Levina and Grevion like this.
  7. Veeran

Veeran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We're racists. But not to eachother. AlJazeera and BBC can go to hell. Let them promote their version of tolerance and ideas. The Sauds were the chief of UNHRC last term after all the things we hear from their lands.

Please don't value these hypocrites.
    Instead of reasoning with them, their relevance is what should be attacked.
    That is all they deserve.

The BJP MLA also did nothing wrong, I think he meant to say we're diverse, yet we all live along. But his explanation came out wrong.

Dagger and Grevion like this.
  8. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    That is not a concern not anymore .
    Of Course his intention was good .
    But you should chose your words carefully when you deals with journalists especially foreign medias .
    They are not like our medias .Believe it or not ,Rise of rightwing nationalism is really disturbing them .That hurts some of our neighbours ,some western nations and medias more than our oppositions .You shouldnt give them a subject .

Grevion likes this.
  9. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    Who told you that?
    I have seen some racial overtone after some cases in Kerala that involves other state labouers ,in TN their police shot dead five of them in the bank robbery .

North India is already famous for it ,Tarun Vijay just verified it .
    This is the deep sentiment of some Northies that couldnt see South once in their lifetime .
    So we are racist even to each other

Grevion likes this.
  10. WhyCry

WhyCry Reaper Love Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    Classical case of "I am offended".

India from kashmir in north to kanyakumari in south has a color gradient going dark. It is no secret to the indians or to the world. I live in US and work in IT industry where I pretty much work with people of all races and nationality. Usually, you can tell the indian that are darker in skin-tone (one doesn't ask them to remove clothes) to be from southern part of India.

I am brown as well so I am not sure what he said wrong. Western world (and even Middle east) has its trouble with racism. I think in India's case RELIGION tops the cherry. Racism naah..

11. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not sure .
    Black is a race .Not dark skin.That is where his pathetic knowledge exposed.
    In some case you cant say who is from North and who is from South until they begin their conversation .

12. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Depends on which ethnic group/caste they are from.

13. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Why the **** do BJP people interact with Al-Jazeera or other Islamists? First Ram Madhav, not him.

Wolfpack likes this.
  14. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    No it isn't. There is much more- He was representing Indians & he said ''We’re Not Racist, We Live With South Indians''. Who do he mean by this 'whe' ? Fairer north Indians who have to tolerate these darker South Indians ? Are 250 million South Indians, any sort of lesser Indians ?

SpArK, sherin616, nik141993 and 4 others like this.
  15. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Journalist working for Hindu, but still

Mercury and SrNair like this.