Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

BJP MP Tarun Vijay's racism row: Do South Indians come from Mars?

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by SrNair, Apr 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Dhanush is best in acting but has worst face and figure among all

2. nair

nair Die hard Romeo Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Where is South India by the way?

SrNair and Grevion like this.
  3. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Checked it.
    Buddy this is a forum and we have to stick to the forum rules.
    Anything which sounds like a propaganda comes under the scanner, it could be permitted on social media but not here.
    Hope it helps.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    SrNair and nair like this.
  4. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Man what has become of this thread....
    Now I know more about some prominent south Indian actors and actresses atleast some positive takeaway..:mrgreen:

SrNair and Levina like this.
  5. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yup.Vikram has also same body shape when he acted in Pitamahan.Both Vikram and Dhanush are equal in this field .
    They both got national award also .
    But both of them still not a match for legends like Mohanlal.

You can develop a good body and a pretty face .All you needs to do some food restriction and physical restraints.
    But for a legendary acting both of that wont work .You have to push your limits through various expressions in your face without any VFX support.That is what we called acting here .
    Prithviraj( villian in Nam Shabana) is also one that has nice physique. He is also a good actor also.

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    He had a slip of tongue, just like Ram Madhavs' interview with "Mehdi Hasan" "Your ISIS people" was howled at. When he translated that word "Tumhare wahan ki log" literally into English as "your ISIS people"
    Sometimes, the translation from Indian languages to English takes a different meaning.
    When you talk in English,you first think in your native language,then frame the sentences in english.This can be exploited by people as something. different,because they don't know Indian languages and how things mean different in different languages.

All i see was making mountain out of a molehill,by Al-Jazeera who is a known Islamist news channel,looking to bait BJP and our DMK dravidian secessionist nutjobs along withe Secular forces jumping into the fray to target BJP.

I don't understand why BJP leaders give interviews to Media which wants to vilify them in anyway they can.
    NDTV,CNN-IBN,AL-JAZEERA etc.
    Why can't they avoid these media portals like people avoid plague. who are always Anti-BJP and Anti-hindu .
    Take a cue from President Donald Trump,who discredited their media calling them "fake news", everyone in USA believes the news to be fake. Do the same to such news media in India.

Tarun Vijay was the one who eulogized Tamil and wanted it to be spoken in Parliament,he translated Thirukural into Hindi. Whatever he said can be pardoned off as a literal mistake, Non-English speakers make.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    YarS, A_poster and Levina like this.
  7. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Levina ji, should I attempt making a thread which compiles all ALJ coverage about India? Let people judge and make an opinion.
    Its title will be "Analyzing Al-Jazeera's coverage of India". If this doesn't sound like a propaganda and if it would survive getting locked or deleted ?
    Thanks

8. Levina

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Sounds fine as it would be an "analysis" from your side,and audience too will be get an opourtunity to decide for themselves.
    Tag one or two mods so that it can be moderated in time.

Exactly my thoughts.
    Prolly the guy was misconstrued by the reporter.

InfoWarrior likes this.
  9. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Is it just me or these MPs do not have a good enough command over English. Many a times these politician types say extremely offensive stuff in English without even realizing it. Remember 'Misunderestimate'? Or 'Humans and fishes can live together'? Or Lalu's 'We are all americans (for 9/11)'?

May be it will make sense to makes these politician types talk in their mother tongue so the all of this drama is avoided. I am yet to see Japanese politicians giving interviews etc in English. These morons have no command over the language and then they say shit which they themselves do not understand.

For all we know, he might want to say. 'How can you say that we are racists, we have south indian people with darker skin tones living together with north indian people with fairer skin tone'. Try doing this without enough vocabulary, grammar and in hurry and you may end up saying. 'Bhee are living with dark south indians'.

I will still hold him responsible for stereotyping south Indians as folks with darker skin tones and north Indian with lighter skin tones.

GSLV Mk III and Wolfpack like this.
  10. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    That happens when you translate things into English from your Mother Tongue,You think first in your Mother tongue and then translate it into English,since we are not native english speakers,such difference is capitalized by others to raise a issue.
    In Hindi you say "Cigarette pi raha hoon" translate it into English "I am drinking Cigarette" This is how mistakes are made from transition of native tongue to English.

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  11. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Actually, this is partially our society's problem. We have put English on pedestral and like all good Indians, we worship whatever sits on pedestral. It is okay to learn and master a language for practical use but why the hell worship it? This entire 'worshiping' subculture in India makes us stupid.

Politicians see that we will not be in awe of a person who cannot speak English so they try to 'speak' in English -- And by speak I mean screw with a rake. This leads to the gems like above.

This problem is more acute, IMHO, in northern India. I spent sometime like few years in Varanasi, the heartland of north India. It was funny, people in traditional seat of learning worship a foreign language more than the real learning! I mean there are a lot of very learned folks in that city, it houses BHU for crying out loud but the reverence for English is just cringe-worthy. The crowing gem was a sign board near bus stop -- 'Yahaan Sabhi Tarah Ke Form English Mein Bhare Jaate Hein - Charges Matr 50 Rupay' : Translation 'We fill all sorts of forms in English. Charges Just Rs 50'.

We do not get leaders we need, but leaders we deserve.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Wolfpack likes this.
  12. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    That is true, I always try to speak in my Mother tongue,but it's funny when the other person first replies in my Mother tongue and then switches to English after a few sentences ,the basic public has got the impression promoted by the Celebrities and brown Sepoys,that conversing in English makes you look educated and sophisticated.
    I was happy PM Modi promoting Hindi instead of English when he took office,but now even he has switched to speaking in English in international forums.Why? When other nations speak in their native languages.Why does India make this special effort to look like a English colony still?

Most South Indians are polyglots,they speak more than one language.Which is not the case of most North Indians.Since South India has many regional languages,they tend to learn different languages due to interaction,while North India is dominated by Hindi,hence the people there don't learn other languages.
    That case of BHU you described is funny and is almost the same all over India.

But i also think in future,English will slowly lose its importance once a National language is introduced in India and then it should be stressed and made compulsory for everyone to learn,National integration has to start somewhere and that can only happen when you have a single national language,this "Unity in Diversity" idea is a sham,it will break up sooner or later,because there are fault lines which can be exploited by "Breaking India" forces.

PeegooFeng41 and Levina like this.
  13. Levina

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    I think so too.

Wolfpack likes this.
  14. Baba Saheb Ambedkar

Baba Saheb Ambedkar IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    North Indians have their own dialect t0 Hindi and they totally love their respective dialects and use It among their families and local friends, and at the same time have no issues with proper Hindi being promoted as a common language. Such a system If promoted well in other parts would make Hindi a common language. And with rapid Urbanization It will happen anyway.

Wolfpack and Levina like this.
  15. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    As for me, Indians are very clever guys, and English is not good enough for you, because it is primitive language. Russian is much more difficult, but it is better for you - on the Russian you can say much more difficult things. And yes, Russian is one of the most closest to Sanskrit modern languages.

Wolfpack likes this.