Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Blast near IT university in Quetta kills 5, injures 69

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Blackwater, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Blast near IT university in Quetta kills 5, injures 69

[​IMG]

QUETTA: At least five students died, while 69 were injured when a powerful blast occurred near an IT university located in Jinnah Town of Quetta early Monday morning, Express News reported.

The bomb was planted inside a car parked nearby.

The blast occurred when a van carrying students to the university reached the campus.

According to Bomb Disposal Squad, about 40kg explosives were used in the remote-controlled bomb, planted inside a car which was parked nearby.

Four police officials were also injured as a police mobile passed by.

Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Quetta Mir Zubair said that the university bus was targeted in the attack. “The bomb targeted the bus as it carried a majority of Shia students,” he added.

The injured were moved to Combined Military Hospital (CMH) and Civil Hospital.

Police cordoned off Jinnah Town – a residential area in Quetta. The roadside blast left a 3-foot crater on the road.

Among the deceased, there were three students and one passerby.

Police and security teams have reached the site and an investigative operation is underway. Balochistan Home Minister Zafarullah Zehri also reached the blast site.

A rickshaw parked nearby was completely destroyed in the blast, while the buildings nearby received damages.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/395341/blast-near-it-university-in-quetta-kills-two-injures-30

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Can't see suffering of Balouchi people. UN ohh sorry U.S should intervene to create peace:evilgrin::rolleyes2::agree::agree:

3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Can any member tell us for sure the total population of shias in Pakistan and separately and also in the world as a percentage of total muslim population

4. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sunni and Shia Islam are the two major denominations of Islam. The demographic breakdown between the two denominations is difficult to assess and varies by source, but a good approximation is that 80–90% of the world's Muslims are Sunni and 5–20% are Shia, with most Shias belonging to the Twelver tradition and the rest divided between several other groups.

Sunnis are a majority in most Muslim communities: in South East Asia, China, South Asia, Africa, and most of the Arab world. Shia make up the majority of the population in Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan and Bahrain, and they are the largest religious group in Lebanon (all together called the Shia Crescent), while Pakistan has the second-largest Shia Muslim (Twelver) population in the world.

Shi'a

5. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

According to estimation in 2009 shia population in Pakistan was in between 17-26 million means approximate percentage of Muslim population that is shia is 10-15 %. And approximate percentage of world Shia population is 10-15%. Largest Shia muslim is in Iran.

Sunni and Shia Populations - Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life

6. true

true 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Sir,
    The picture is Pakistan's fate and It is not something new for discussion.

Jai Hind.:india:

7. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

FATE???? they even don't have any future then how come they have fate. Why can't Indian army do some target practice. it will solve two problem, first we will get rid of them second they will also enjoy 72 virgins in Heaven...

1 person likes this.
  8. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Correction... *pakistani people.

Terrorists are responsible not the establishment.

None too wise suggestion on your part.

9. Jungibaaz

You sound very much like a terrorist.

Congrats buddy, how low can you get? :tsk:

10. true

Sir,

The truth is always bitter........:crazy:

11. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Jugni, I didn't expect that you reply on the troll post. BTW, from a point of view of an Indian ( as myself also ) the position in Balochistan is getting worse.

You need to take action now, the negotiation is good thing, but this is not sufficient.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. Jungibaaz

I no it's no use, but I can't help myself.
    And to be honest, sometimes some threads look very interesting to me, but the hurtful anti-Pakistani comments stop me from posting at all.

What do you suggest Kaku ji?
    I'd like to hear from you.

Just a thought... I think it'd be best to wait it out. Let the economy get back on track, solve energy crisis, improve education and infrastructure. BLA would be eradicated.

But an army ops would give us all sorts of problems, crocodile tears from the Americans.

13. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

My suggestion is that throw the money as much as you can in Balochistan on development project like roads, hospital, schools. The BLA try to deter these economical program, they try to bomb these hospitals and schools, they try to kidnap and kill these engineer which would working on a project. But don't stop, then the younger generation of Baloch will try to understand that the real enemy is not Pakistan but BLA, who is detering economical project.

And one more thing if you need army for law and order or insurgency mission, then don't directly involve the army and intelligence agency in that rather then use the forces of home ministry ( like we have the CRPF ). They doesn't work like real millitry, but their work is same.

14. true

Sir,

First Congrats on 850 posts and second blochistan problem is very serious problem for pak and also for india.ur suggestion is perfectly right but pak government have not guts to solve this. if pakisthan is stable than we also stable or totally unstable.

15. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

I think you didn't get my point. And what do mean that a stable pak means unstable India? Can you explain this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.