Boeing AH-64D Apache Long bow - News and Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Gessler, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Firemaster

Firemaster Captain STAR MEMBER

What about 'Gladiator'?

2. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Rudra is almost in , I guess ... LCH 2015 ...In helicopter terminologies Platform differs from what you might know from a car.... No the LCh is a totally different beast....
    Oh, and i forgot to mention .... I saw the LCH guys doing air trials in AFB Tambaram... but it was too far to take photos... It was accompanied by four other helos... It was awesome... The second biggest spectacle i saw from when Pranab Mukherjee came and there was total air cover over his route...

3. AccessDenied

AccessDenied Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I was wondering, whether there is any ToT involved in the Longbow deal..(Most likely, wishful thinking on my part, considering that it's US we are dealing with).

4. WMD

WMD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I'm not sure but i don't think ToT is available for the Apache or p-8i deal. all will probably b manufactured in US and imported.

5. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

No ToT is involved as we are getting Apaches through FMS route.

6. Vritra

Vritra Major THINK TANK

There's only a very limited ToT to fulfill operational requirements, but IMO that's not necessarily a bad thing. India is one of the only (if not THE ONLY) nations which has such varied bases of operation (altitude, climate) that the US has military to military contact with. So India's review of operating the Apache will directly influence its development, and likely lead to joint development of technologies. That's a step beyond simple ToT, and the most advantageous position Indian defence industries could find themselves in within the following years.

Apologies in advance if the formatting is off. My phone is suspicious of forum forms, for some reason.

1 person likes this.
  7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    maybe the anti virus in it ?

8. AccessDenied

:spartak::artillery::dance3::BVICTORY::neo::yahoo::india:
    If the bolded part turns out to be true....I'll track you down and kiss you on the mouth...my sexual orientation be damned!!!

PS- formatting is fine, no need to apologize.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sancho

Sancho Major THINK TANK

ToT is mainly required if licence productions are included, but that is not the case and especially difficult with the US, since they don't share their important techs. They didn't allowed US AESA techs for LCA, be it in form of their radars, nor in form of Israeli Elta 2052, since some parts came from them. US manufacturers also only divert the production of minor important airframe parts to India, be it of F18SH, or the cabine of S92 and S70 helicopters. That's where the Russians and Europeans offer us more advantages, because they don't have such restrictons and will provide better deals for us.
    The interesting part at the Apache deal will be, which of the avionics really will be useful for Indian forces, since data links might not suit with Indian once, needed to comunicate or even control a UAV for example, while that is one of the most advanced capabilities of the Block 3. Not to mention that India normally replaces US comunication systems with India, Israeli or French counterparts.

1 person likes this.
  10. Gessler

Gessler Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Gessler

Country Flag:
    India
    Arey first tell us are you a girl or a boy...if your a girl then he'll think about the kiss:troll:

No offence to either of you:smile:

1 person likes this.
  12. AccessDenied

I'm a straight man:rofl:

Which is why I said "sexual orientation be damned!!" :YUNO:

1 person likes this.
  13. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    If the USA shares with out adquate safeguards AESA as well as as other technology the USA would compromise the technology so the weapon can be defeated and americans or allies killed.

The US spends 3 times as much on military research and development as the rest of the world combined, we dont give it away and we protect it as well as possible, mainly the rest of the world just trys to copy it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  14. Gessler

Country Flag:
    India
    Wonderful:tup:

I didn't know Serbians had stolen their way into F-117's safeguarded stealth technologies, reverse engineered them and shot it down:coffee:

2 people like this.
  15. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Evidently there is a lot you dont know.