Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Brahmin caste as a political and social attractant

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by rcscwc, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

How many Brahmins are there in India? Before venturing an answer please remember that Brahmins are the ONLY pan-Indian caste, one way or the other. Oher castes are mostly regional in nature.

What is there percentage in INdian population? Don't jump to conclusions. Not more that 7%.

What is their share in wealth of India? Nearly ZERO agricultural land holdings. Nearly ZERO share in BIG business Houses. Then where are they? What is their influence on present day politics and VOTE bank politics? Pan INdia, nothing. Locally, 6-7% cannot be ignored, when each vote counts.

Does it explain why Rahul, the khangress yuvaraja claims to be a Brahmin? He would appeal to more people if he claimed to be a DALIT!! But then de Nobili too claimed to be a Roman Brahmin!!

Brahmin is a desirable caste. Why so? Clear. Brahmins have a tradition od education. THey do know that education is their SALVATION. OK, reserve 50% or more posta in govt. But their educational merit cannot be suppressed for long. Have you noticed that 75% candidates clearing CA and CS exams are in fact Brahmins? Ever noticed that middle and top positions in MNCs are occupied by Brahmins?

Brahmin is an ATTRACTIVE label. Rahul wants it, Gujarat khangress wants to mobilise brahmins against Narendra Modi, a SC Teli by caste.

Today in my paper.

A brahmin kills his wife for suppressing her OBC casre!!!

I do not not countenance this killing. He could have filed for divorce on grounds of SUPPRESSION OF INFORMATION. He could have got a divorce too. But please note the suppression of information about her caste.
    I do know about much horrible cases, where the caste WAS suppressed.

1 person likes this.
  2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Don't make this a caste bashing topic. There are good and bad in every breed :sarcastic:

3. rcscwc

How is it a caste basshing thread? Facts are presented. Hard facts from our political jungle.

Which caste is being bashed here?

4. uptotrix

You quoted the newspaper article. One thing we should learn is never to generalize caste and religion nor attribute stereotypical qualities such as education, violence, peaceful, killbill type people etc.

5. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

75% of the people clearing CA are Brahmins? Are you out of your mind? Any sources for the bold or are these your usual hypothesis being touted as facts? From what I see, at least in the North, Brahmins are equally matched by Agarwal and Khatri communities when it comes to the corporate sector.

Brahmin as a desirable social group appeals only to the rural semi-literate guy who still relies on the temple pujari to guide him to the heavens and is his source of wordly knowledge. For most of India, Brahmin caste hold no value. Those times are long gone.

6. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Brahmin is not a caste but a varna...:smokin:

7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    What is their share in wealth of India? Nearly ZERO agricultural land holdings.

The Gaur, Mohiyal and Bhumihar Brahmins have substantial land holdings. They do not do priest duties anymore. They are the Zamindaar Brahmins. I am one such Brahmin. I know that you too are a bRahmin.

Nearly ZERO share in BIG business Houses.

You need to correct yourself here.

Then where are they? What is their influence on present day politics and VOTE bank politics? Pan INdia, nothing. Locally, 6-7% cannot be ignored, when each vote counts.

Does it explain why Rahul, the khangress yuvaraja claims to be a Brahmin? He would appeal to more people if he claimed to be a DALIT!! But then de Nobili too claimed to be a Roman Brahmin!!

Brahmin is a desirable caste. Why so? Clear. Brahmins have a tradition od education. THey do know that education is their SALVATION. OK, reserve 50% or more posta in govt. But their educational merit cannot be suppressed for long. Have you noticed that 75% candidates clearing CA and CS exams are in fact Brahmins? Ever noticed that middle and top positions in MNCs are occupied by Brahmins?

Do a survey and you will find that nearly 50% officers in Armed and Para military forces are also Brahmins.

A brahmin kills his wife for suppressing her OBC casre!!!

A brahmin who believes in Brahminism will do it. It is considered a biggest sin. As per Manu Smriti it is forbidden for a Brahmin to sleep with a low caste women as this will make him a Shudra and if he has children from such a women, he will not be born a Brahmin for next seven births.

8. KAUTILYA

KAUTILYA Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

It is but undeniable that the Brahmin's,owing to their long standing association and attachment to academic's and education over the centuries usually(and I am saying "usually") have a higher IQ and intellect.I am not generalizing here,I know there are Brahmin's who are as dumb as I am but many are very intelligent since their genes have picked up this trait.

1 person likes this.
  9. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I am not too sure if there's a link to generation of learning and a higher IQ level. Reason being that most of their learning was mostly vedic and scriptures which as we all know is rote by nature. The Jews, especially the European Jews are said to have the highest IQ owing to their centuries old occupation of accountancy and money lending. One would have to train the mind to perform complex calculations and permutations to get the maximum out of their investment. This develeoped their analytical ability, which is a key requisite of an higher IQ.

The Brahmins did do some research work. I think Aryabhatta was a Brahmin and most of ancient astrologers and mathematicians were Brahmins. But apart from a few, the occupation of most Brahmins was learning Vedas, Upanishads by rote. Memorizing thousands of pages of texts and scriptures does increase your memorizing capability but has no effect on its reasoning or analytical capability.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pagan666!

Pagan666! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I hate the caste system.

1 person likes this.
  11. uptotrix

Me too. Though makes me bit worried about your forum handle :LMAO:

12. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Even Kshatriyas have asked for reservation within OBC and in some states certain castes among them have been included in such lists. Brahmins never asked for it and till date nowhr in India will you find Brahmins being included in anykind of reserved category. I request you all to pls have relook at the Agni-5 launch video. How many Tilaks on foreheads do you see in that Video? The story is same in ISRO and Indian Nuke organisations also. Whoever wanted to control India and give it a religion of his own whether Muslims or Christians, always tried to kill and finish off Brahmins without success. So much so that later they started calling themselves Brahmins like Nobili and Syeds of Islam who were maulvies.

Poverty is rampant in rural India among Brahmins. But all you guys who have known poor Brahmin families can ever recall an illiterate Brahmin. We prefer to die of hunger but not an illiterate. Goddess Saraswati is our mother and so it is unimaginable to have brahmin who is illiterate. Do you know brahmin gurukuls are the only unaided, 100% community funded institutions of education in India. These Gurukuls where we prepare brahmins priests ( Pandits) are financed by mostly brahmin contributions only. A part of the funds also come from other Hindu castes.

13. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

There should be no reservation required in our country. Everyone needed to be treating as same. Reservation is disease to our country.

1 person likes this.
  14. rcscwc

Yes. Aggarwals and Khatris too have a long tradition of education. Does it surprise you? Merit, pal, merit.

Are you even aware of pass percentage of CA and CS exams? It is 5-7%%. You expect anyone except meritorius to clear them? There is NO reservation there.

Haha. Which is your "most" of India?

To get a brahmin groom or a bride is the most desirable. Even RG now aspires to a Brahmin bride, by declaring himself a Brahmin!!! Haha. Is he not part of your "most" of India?

Yes, Gaur, Mohiyals and Bhumihars do have land holdings. Pan India, how many of them are there. Not even 5% of all Brahmins, except locally..

Matrimony is based on total faith and trust. You may not know it. So why hide your caste? Be clear and open about it.

Have you ever paused and thought why 50% [it is not high] officers in military are Brahmins? BECAUSE, there is NO resrevation.. But the figure is NOT 50%. There are and have been Sikh, Muslim, xian, Parsi Chiefs of Staff.

You close Engg colleges to Brahmins, they appear in AMIE and other such examining courses. You close BA seats, they do distance education. Reason why they are in big numbers in private and corporate sectors. A brahmin at large has to survive on education and not on reserved seats, and he/she does.

Are you even aware of the laws of Manu? NO. A brahmin CAN have a wife of any caste, provided he first marries the wives of higher castes. It was Manu who ordained that a king's council of ministers MUST have Shudras members too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. KAUTILYA

KAUTILYA Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

^^^You got me wrong!I did not generalize!!I only said that it's quite possible for the Brahmin's to have high IQ's owing to the reason I mentioned.But the thing that need's to be considered is that for quite sometime after the completion of the Rig Veda the caste system was not hereditary but was based on selection of profession and the modern caste system came into existence(The one which is considered hereditary,Son of Brahmin=Brahmin.Son of Kshatriya=Kshatriya all that)at a much later period.So during that early period those people who chose to take up academic's and thereby became Brahmin's were obviously intelligent and had interest in this field compared to the rest of the masses(Given the fact that they could have chosen to pick up any other profession)!!During the later Vedic period's when the hereditary caste system came into existence it is obvious that those Brahmin's of that period (whose father's and forefather's were again Brahmin's by chioce and not by virtue of ancestry) picked up the high IQ genes of their ancestor's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.