Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Breaking News: I Saw Something

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Guynextdoor, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Ok Guys, here's the story. I was coming back from my swimming session in my company's facility near Murugesh Palya, right next to the NAL test strip and the Wind Tunnel road in Bangalore and I saw something which really blew me off. I think that facility is used only for testing and have seen a few planes take off over the months. I first hears a weird whizzing sound and lo and behold I saw what I first thought was an IJT. A plane the size of the IJT, that looked similar in size and shape to the IJT (visited quite a few Aero Indias boys) with blue and white streaks. But then I saw why it had that 'whirring' sound'. It HAD NO JETS and instead hasd reverse turbo props behind the main wings.

I spotted it as it quickly pulled itself away and waited for it to return so that I could take a mobile pic but no. I'm speculating that they're working on a trainer/version of IJT with reverse turbo props. I knwo that there are a few otehr tariners who already use that configuration but this was so similar to IJT that I'm tending to beleive that above is the case. :mrgreen:

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Attached Files:

3. Guynextdoor

4. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    r u talking abt saras. it has push propellars.

5. Guynextdoor

No no. I know how the Saras looks (I've seen it myself). This is an IJT type plane (2-people config with a glass cockpit like the IJT) with pusher props like Saras.

6. Ganga

Ganga FULL MEMBER

It's nothing.Looks like NAL is doing some tests on the IJT platform.If it was some top secret thing then they would be conducting tests at some obscure location far away from civilization.:rolleyes2:

7. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe you can get a side picture of IJT and just draw in where the prop posistion was. Sounds interesting.

8. Guynextdoor

I'll try

9. Nirvana

10. Guynextdoor

Dude seriously...it is NOT Saras. It was NOT a civilian aircraft either. If it was a Saras I would have said I spotted a Saras. I told you it is a military machine. The seating configuration is like that of fighter/trainer. The cockpit has a canopy. (And IJT & SARAS don't look the same either)

11. @speaks

@speaks Captain SENIOR MEMBER

this is the way ISI got the clue where to focus....

12. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

Intersting, tandem, or side by side config? Since NAL already developed the Hansa trainer with side by side config and the Saras with rear facing probs, this sounds like a mix. But honestly, why are they doing it? Why would IAF need another IJT, or was it smaller and could be aimed as an competitor to HALs HTT 40 development?

[​IMG]

I wouldn't mind if we had 2 different companies that can compete for such developments (like Sukhoi/Mig, or Boeing/LM), but since NAL has several problems with Saras and is busy with RTA as well, I don't think that adding another development is a good idea.

13. Nirvana

Hansa-3 Trainer ? an Upgraded And Export Variant Of Hansa , May Be Some Structural Modification to It :rolleyes: Props On Wings

May be It was Hansa ,

NAL Is Only Working On Hansa , Saras , Nm5 and IRTA ...

may Be NAL Is Experimenting

Wish U had clicked the Photo

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  14. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

its ok....Gnd might be true regarding what he saw.....but there are couple of things that irk me....

1- why wud we develop a simple trainer aircraft so secretly that no one knew about it until its actual flight...??

2- why on the earth such a small aircraft wud have twin engines....??

15. Guynextdoor

I'm speculating it's a trainer aircraft coz I wouldn't wanna let my imagination run away and think that it's say...a top secret UAV :). It is small enough...I estimated visually that was pretty much the size of an IJT. I know that some MIG trainers also use the pusher prop config so qualified that it might be from outside (But I dhoubt it...too similar to IJT). It has two smallish prop engines on either side right behind the main wings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.