Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Breaking News!!!...Sanjiv Bhatt forced me to sign false affidavit, says constable

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

“I didn't know contents of prepared affidavitâ€

[​IMG]

The case of Gujarat cadre IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, who recently created a flutter by accusing Chief Minister Narendra Modi of having made “anti-minority†statements on the eve of the 2002 communal riots, has taken another curious turn, with a former colleague filing a police complaint that he was forced to file a false affidavit.

Constable Karansinh Panth, who was an assistant in the State Intelligence Bureau, of which Mr. Bhatt was Deputy Commissioner during the communal riots, has filed the complaint against Mr. Bhatt at the Ghatlodiya station.

Mr. Panth was among the persons named by Mr. Bhatt, in his April affidavit before the Supreme Court, as those who would be ready to vouch for his presence at the crucial meeting convened by the Chief Minister at his residence on the night of February 27, 2002, in which Mr. Modi was alleged to have “directed†the top police officials to “allow Hindus to vent their anger†[following the Godhra incidents].

In his complaint, Mr. Panth, however, alleged that Mr. Bhatt forced him to sign on the dotted lines of a “prepared affidavit,†the contents of which he did not know but was told that it was about the IPS officer attending the February 27 meeting and about he himself being present with Mr. Bhatt to assist him.

According to Ahmedabad Police Commissioner Sudhir Sinha, an investigation has been launched against Mr. Bhatt following Mr Panth's complaint of force and intimidation to file an affidavit. He said Mr. Panth filed another statement claiming that the contents of the previous affidavit were “false and fabricatedâ€.

Mr. Panth alleged that he was called by Mr. Bhatt on June 16 and asked to accompany him to meet the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae, who was due to visit Gujarat the next day. He claimed that Mr. Bhatt took him to the office of a notary in a building opposite the Gujarat High Court and forced him to sign the “prepared affidavit†for being given to the amicus curiae.

(The Supreme Court earlier handed over Mr. Bhatt's affidavit that he had personal knowledge of Mr. Modi's “anti-minority utterances†to the amicus curiae to personally check the veracity of his claim.)

Mr. Panth also named State Congress president Arjun Modhvadia who, he alleged, advised him to “sign on the dotted lines,†as suggested by Mr. Bhatt. Mr. Panth claimed that on the way to Mr. Modhvadia's residence, Mr. Bhatt told him that he need not worry much as the BJP government would not survive for long and that the Centre had already decided to “nail Mr. Modi soon.â€

Mr. Modhvadia, however, flatly denied that he had met either Mr. Bhatt or Mr. Panth and said the allegation was “politically motivatedâ€.

The then Director-General of Police, K. Chakravarthi, had refuted Mr. Bhatt's claim of his having been present at the February 27, 2002 meeting, and pleaded ignorance of any “directive†issued by Mr. Modi. Several other senior police officers had also expressed doubts about Mr. Bhatt's claim, pointing out that he, as Deputy Commissioner of the State Intelligence Bureau, was too junior an officer to be invited to a top-level meeting convened personally by the Chief Minister.

In his affidavit, Mr. Bhatt named several of his then colleagues in the IB, including Mr. Panth, his then driver and some police officials who he claimed would vouch for his presence at the Chief Minister's meeting. Later, during cross-examinations before the G.T.-Nanavati-Akshay Mehta judicial commission, probing the Godhra train carnage and post-Godhra riots, Mr. Bhatt reiterated that some of his erstwhile colleagues in the IB would support his claim.

The Hindu : News / National : Sanjiv Bhatt forced me to sign false affidavit, says constable

3 people like this.
  2. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

It is now clear... congressis can go any extend to malign the name of Modiji...:angry::angry::angry:

1 person likes this.
  3. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

yet another fake congress conspiracy to stop an Indian State form being a developed one. :lol:

2 people like this.
  4. DaRk KnIght

hmm What happened to the great IPS traditions?? :confused:

5. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Sick cheaters party Congress... can play any Foul games to malign the opposition... this party needed to be banned...

6. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

‘Bhatt forced me to file false affidavit’

Ahmedabad:

A police constable posted at Meghaninagar has filed an FIR alleging he was threatened by IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt who forced him to sign an affidavit affirming he was present with Bhatt in the February 27, 2002 meeting at the CM’s residence in the immediate aftermath of Godhra train burning incident.

Karansinh Bahadur Pant, 45, lodged the complaint with the Ghatlodia police on Thursday, alleging that Bhatt forced him into giving a false testimony before the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae Raju Ramchandran, who visited Gujarat to meet witnesses on June 18.

In 2002, Pant worked as an assistant in the state IB where Bhatt was a DCP.

In his FIR, Pant has stated that he had appeared before the SIT probing post-Godhra riots on April 5, 2011 and testified that he was on leave in February 2002 when the communal violence broke out.

According to the police, Pant has claimed in the FIR that he was threatened by Bhatt on April 16 while he was on vehicle-checking duty at Meghaninagar.

“I saw a missed call on my phone. When I dialled back, it was Bhatt, who asked me to come to his residence. I went there with my friend Shrenik Shah in his car, GJ-18 AM 9099. Bhatt told me that the SC-appointed amicus curiae was coming to Ahmedabad the next day and that we had to meet him regarding the CM’s meeting in February 2002,” Pant’s FIR said.

Pant claimed that he refused to go with Bhatt since he had already deposed before the SIT.

‘Bhatt forced me to file false affidavit’ - Indian Express

7. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I would love to see the govt to come out & make a statement like ''Time to ‘forgive’ and build a new India''!!

3 people like this.
  8. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Congressmen are masters of the art which BJP does not even know about. They fund NGos and have many front organisations to settle political scores. Take the case of the swami Balakrishna, the aide of Baba Ramdev. CBI is being used to nail him and the same CBI is called an autonomous body.Is congress not using CBI blatantly to settle political scores? Was it not the same CBI which asked for closure of case against ottavio Quattrochi citing lack of evidence?

Balakrishna is born of Nepalese parents in Varanasi. He was born in Varanasi and when he was three month old his parents went back to nepal. The treaty between India and nepal allows that anyone who is born in eachoders territory will be considered a citizen of respective nation if he has continously lived in either country. Balakrishna has lived in India nearly his entire life.

2 people like this.
  9. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Why are all Congressi supporters shying away from this Thread...

10. DaRk KnIght

So you want People of India to forget Congress blunder again?? :what:

11. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Now i also blame MEDIA which highlighted without any investigating, why beat their chest that they are great INVESTIGATION JOURNALISTS.

Most media are biased in our country very sad

12. DaRk KnIght

Biased?? :disagree:

This time they have just provided use with the statements of person concerned. They did the same thing with Sanjay Bhatt. So nothing like biased.

13. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

"The Hindu" is the best we have, most unbiased media.

1 person likes this.
  14. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Strange thing was that I didnt see this news in electronic media...This news is only Published in The Hindu & Indian Express newspaper...

15. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Not at all! If congress has the audacity to say that let's forget 1984 & move on.. they should be bold enough to say let's forget Gujarat too & move on!! Do you think they will do that??

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.