Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Britain should accept more immigrants if it wants a free trade deal - Senior Indian diplomat

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by somedude, Nov 27, 2017.

1. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    There are plenty of people getting the highest possible grades, even the highest on their course and still getting kicked back. Besides, there's an old adage, "beggars can't be choosers." If they were so short of staff, they wouldn't be kicking back people with average grades never mind top grades.

That's fine, as long as they don't later turn round and say, "we are short of staff, we need immigrants."

That's because they keep kicking back straights As student from medical degree and refusing to train graduate from those degrees.

The money is the problem but the taxpayer is wasting money subsidising very mediocre people on dead-end degrees, instead of high quality people on the required degrees and training.

I know, but we still give out £17bn in foreign aid and £11bn in EU aid. We do give free aid. The only quid pro quo is to try and stop refugees and mass immigration by making their own country slightly less shit in the hope they'll stay there, even though that's their job really.

For the last 42 years the UK's trade deals have been bound by EU bloc policy, so your assessment of UK foreign aid as a bribe in exchange for a trade deal is garbage.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If that's the case , how did you manage to emigrate to the UK. Evidently all that dole , UK provided wasn't enough to keep your forefathers stay put in Ireland .

3. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I didn't, I was born here, and all my grandparents were born in the UK, because Ireland was part of the UK before 1920.