Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

CAC/PAC JF-17 Thunder

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Agent_47, May 10, 2017.

1. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    PAC MUSHSHAK is also a licence production variant of Swedish Saab Safari

Myanmar Air Force ordered 16 units and will be delivered by CAC , not by PAC.
    This all what I want to convey.

And yes, Its designation "JF-17" by Pakistan is short for "Joint Fighter-17", while the designation and name "FC-1 Xiaolong" by China means "Fighter China-1 Fierce Dragon".

J-7 + FC-1 = JF-17

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Zer0reZ and zebra7 like this.
  2. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

How is co-development / development, production and exporting of aircrafts or avionics not a valid reason?
    When we export Brahmos, or in future maybe FGFA, wouldn't that be valid achievements as well?
    And same would go for our fixed winged aircraft developments, if they get ready and exported, but sadly we are far away from that and that is the difference.

3. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't know, for which pakistani development and Export competition you are talking about.
    PAKISTAN's overall Defense Production is 1.5 billion USD which is itself less than the total Defense Export of INDIA.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1151174
    http://m.huffingtonpost.in/2017/01/...orth-of-defence-equipments-by-201_a_21646447/

I don't have any issue , if you like Pakistani Defense development . You can Bcoz you free bro

Main reason behind the Export of critical material is that Government of India won't allow them for Export due to sensitive issue.
    But in late 2014, The gets updated with some sophisticated weapons and systems.
    http://m.hindustantimes.com/india/i...-for-export/story-Y7xs2dwJbThYKZnnSSCKwL.html

The information is bit old but can be used as reference.

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/india/arms-exports
    The above figures do not include export of small arms and light weapons, trucks, small artillery, ammunition, support equipment, technology transfers, and other services. In 2014 ( the latest figures available) , India grossed $55Mn through arms export which is peanuts as compared to its imports, which was a whopping $3.58Bn.

Amongst the first export deals were export of INSAS rifles to Nepal and Oman.
    HAL Druv (in commercial and military variants) was also exported in small numbers to Ecuador, Nepal and Israel.
    India has also provided military assistance to friendly nations by providing them with military trucks, SUVs, ambulances etc.

The new government has listed Akash surface-to-air missile (SAM), Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Pragati surface-to-surface missile (SSM), an airborne early warning system (AEWS), expandable high-speed aerial target Abhayas, and other high-technology systems like sonar, battlefield radars, and identification-friend-or-foe (IFF) systems as potential military export products.

MCGS Barracuda, an Offshore Patrol Vessel of National Coast Guard Mauritius. Built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata, and launched on 2 August 2013, became the first warship to be exported by an Indian shipyard

India exported Cheetal helicopters to Afghanistan, Dhruv helicopters and bulletproof jackets to Nepal, Sukhoi 30 avionics and MIG spares to Malaysia,spares and services to Oman.

You may feel good with this
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_aircraft_component_exports
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-dissent-notes-within-bjp-on-cong-mps-suspension-2111509
    http://m.timesofindia.com/india/ind...mar-to-counter-china/articleshow/57815200.cms

zebra7 likes this.
  4. Sancho

As I said before, I don't like it at all, but I don't just close my eyes and say they are inferior. Denying the reality of our fixed wing aviation sector doesn't help us, in fact that is our biggest problem, because we tend to find excuses and want to move on with the next project. But learning from past mistakes and improving is a crucial learning curve as well, that ultimately can lead to real achievements!

That's why it's so important for us to admit and understand the shortcomings of LCA / the LCA program, to fix things and make it better next time.

zebra7 and Picdelamirand-oil like this.
  5. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    As I mentioned in my last post that until 2014 no fixed wing Aircraft (either trainer or fighter) was present in Indian export list than how can a DPSU export it.

Very few (almost negligible) sophisticated weapons and systems was allowed for Export.

For PAKISTAN's Defense R&D , you have to accept that they didn't develop any of the two fixed wing Aircrafts.
    And none of the jf-17 is being exported by Pakistan. Myanmar's order will be delivered from CAC not PAC.

TSUNAMI and zebra7 like this.
  6. Sancho

When you don't have any developed, how can you give export clearance? LCA needs to be developed to be exported, IJT, HTT40, Saras..., so it's the lack of products that is the issue, not export clearance.

http://www.janes.com/article/67387/myanmar-in-advanced-negotiations-to-licence-build-jf-17-fighter

7. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    According to you , India has nothing to export in defense sectore ( I mean complete defense sector) than how India earn from defense exports.
    source links added to my last post.

http://www.janes.com/article/71422/...e-jf-17-fc-1-conducting-flight-tests-in-china

8. Sancho

Not really, since as Ankit, I was talking about the fixed wing aero sector.

You should at least read your own source mate:

So the Pakistanis build them, while the Chinese might integrate other radar and avionics parts, than Pakistan gets.

9. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    I request you to go through my previous posts in which I mentioned that Government won't allowed such in-house developed techs for Export before 2014.

So what, Pakistan will assemble/manufacture them for their own purposes not for Export.
    Export orders will be manufactured at CAC.

Shekhar Singh and zebra7 like this.
  10. Sancho

Lol your own source just confirmed the opposite, but you still are in denial, just because you don't like it. No point in keep repeating myself, let's leave it at that.

11. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Why don't you wait until the first delivery to Myanmar and mark my words, it will be delivered from CAC, not PAC

Shekhar Singh and zebra7 like this.
  12. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't have any source to quote. But even I believe this to be the case. Export Units will ship from china.

Also to note, PAC already have its books full.

But that doesn't mean it will always be like that. They can supply in parts or full. They can also take up the maintance part.

13. Sancho

Again, read your own source! PAC already delivered their part in 2015.

14. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    for your convenience, I'm quoting the whole text of the report. This will help you a lot. Enjoy !!
    Note: Bro, we are very much deviated from the Topic. So, I request you, If you want further discussion on this topic, Just mention me there.

Good Day

15. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JF-17M for myanmar

Sancho and Blackjay like this.