Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Capt Ahsaan Malik Sitara-e-Jurat 31 Baloch Battle Of Kamalpur,1971

Discussion in 'The Officers Mess' started by OverLoad, Mar 21, 2017.

1. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I thought I'd poke a few holes in this one... This sounds a bit like the story about the Spartans - kinda lifted from there, but never mind that.

hmmmm..... 140 soldiers...

So out numbered by a massive Indian force and no resupply... So they were short of everything.

I thought we bypassed all strongholds and raced towards Dhaka. Makes sense. Assuming the Pakistanis were well entrenched, it may have been difficult to get many of them. I would think we would use Arty & air-strikes to soften them up. And secondly, it is a bit tough to "butcher" a Battalion. But let's give him that. I suspect the real reason Arty was not used was because this was off the route of the main push and this was not critical. I think all the guns (except for Company and Battalion level Mortars) were elsewhere. Looks like not even Company Mortars were not used by us. Instead we sent in our people to get "butchered" - aa bail mujhe maar ishtyle. A bit illogical - don't you think?

HAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO. Indians were demoralized, scared, cowards and in the end Niazi FORCED Arora to sign the Instrument of surrender and ABSOLUTELY FORCED Arora to accept the surrender of 93000 of his Soldiers. Is kaale me to daal hi dikhai nahin de raha hai - I guess I must be blind, my bad.

Aaah - here come the boys in Blue... Zero Pakistani deaths of course, in fact I bet everytime the Mig 21s came in Capt. Malik would leap up and wave the Pakistani Jhanda and the rockets and cannon fire would be diverted (by the djinns of course) and hit those cowardly Indians causing more casualties there.

Of course the brave Capt. Malik didn't give it any attention - how else would he get his shiny trinket. But this is kinda funny. 140 pakistani surrounded, sorry besieged - they are going no where. They are in one corner and the main thrust is elsewhere but a full Maj. Gen decides to take over the ops of getting these pakistani.

Something wrong here. First of all, bahut time tha is Maj. Gen. ke haato me. Why didn't he leave them be and focus on the collapse of Dhaka - they would have to surrender anyway after Niazi's, oops. Arora's hand was forced.

Secondly, there was no Maj. Gen. Gurbux (or Gurbaksh) Singh on the Eastern front... Aaah but let's not detract from this story.

Of course. So what would happen - every time there was an air-strike, Malik's men would fire back killing more of those "cowardly" Indians. By this time of course Capt. Malik's 140 men had wiped out an entire Indian Division.

so sad...

hmmm... So after his surrender our laddie was still sitting in Kamalpur grandly waiting for Maj. Gen. Gurbux Singh to drive over and personally congratulate him - All that Maj. Generals & Colonels do is to drive around congratulating various sundry Captains. And also, this is a nice way to dispose off "Gurbux Singh".

Very nice story, I enjoyed reading it. Good to start the day with a laugh... Do write some more...

AKD, vstol jockey and nair like this.
  2. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @Levina @nair Since the original post is closed, I thought I'd reply here... Gustakhi maaf pleajhe.

The second story of the day... This is SUCH a WONDERFUL story. Never heard its like before and I'm sure I never will...

It can only be Gen. Musharraf - it is such a beautiful story. And I can believe why it was untold. It would have taken some doing to come up with.

Oh ho!!! So Niazi ACTUALLY surrendered to Arora. But, But I always thought Arora raced to Dhaka to Surrender to Niazi and it was a canard spread by those Indians that the Pakistanis lost. Oh, sorry - perhaps Niazi surrendered to Arora so that Pakistan could win.

With a loaded AK in his hand? To the best of my knowledge Pakistan used the Sten, the LMG and 7.62mm in '71. Where did the AK come from? Oh, I forgot - the then USSR supplied arms to Pakistan. Not the US...

Secondly, I don't know how it works in the Pakistani army but one doesn't just "barge" into the Command bunker with fire in his eyes and a "loaded kalashnikov" in his hands and not be stopped by the sentries on duty. But then this is the Pakistani Army, so I guess this happened...

Ah ha!!! This is the Pakistani dilemma. There is no such thing as respect for the fauj. It is only respect for a "Higher order" - Mother, Islam... And so it is OK to shoot down someone who doesn't align with your perspectives. Just like that guy shot down your Governor and is now idolized.

Poor PD. Such a huge amount of pain. I took a quick look at Google Maps. Dhaka to the Burma Boundary is at the very least 400 km. Imagine being knocked unconscious, hoisted in a firemans lift and the guy RUNS all 400 km (with his kalashnikov of course, he's gotta defend himself) to the border UNDETECTED. Of course the Indians were all doing Bhangra and encouraging people to run/escape.

And mind you, after that 400 km dash, there's another 400 km to Rangoon/Yangon and from there a flight to Pakistan.

BTW, how long did Suleiman take to cover the 400 km. Not 1d for sure given that everything would have collapsed and he would have had to hide & go. More like 3-4 weeks? I can imagine the damage to PD's knee just because Suleiman's mother said something. I'm surprised the wound wasn't so bad (gangrene?) that his leg had to be amputated. But then there's ISPR for you.

of course!!! I now believe it. It is not 10 Indians are equal to 1 Pakistani, it is 100 Indians are equal to 1 Pakistani. I know someone who was in the NSG and HE's nowhere near as tough to do something like carrying an unconscious wounded comrade on his shoulder (+ his weapon and food/water) and running 400 km.

WOW Maaan!!!! Your Suleiman was really something.

Yes Indeed. More stories please @overload . This is SUCH a source of entertainment

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Levina and vstol jockey like this.
  3. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India

Reminds me of Zia with those hooded eyes & devious smile , landing in Delhi guffawing good naturedly at Indian accusations that Pakistan was behind the Sikh insurrection in Punjab.

Before we realised it , Indira was gone & he'd still land in Delhi with the same charade .Tells you a lot of the worldview of our politicians , security mandarins , foreign office , top echelons of defence personnel , etc.

AbRaj and An Indian like this.
  4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Best of the story is how this guy barges in to the bunker of his Army Commander and then goes to hospital and takes away his buddy while no one saw him or stopped him. Bhai itna jyada toh Hindi filmon main bhi nahin hota.

nair, AbRaj, Levina and 1 other person like this.
  5. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    HAHAHAHA.. oops. Yes you are right. I'm so sorry :-D

6. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Maybe they should make a Pakistani movie on this.
    I for one will beg, borrow, steal (not buy) to watch it.

7. Inactive

Inactive Guest

[​IMG]

I am sure you can see AK-47s lying on the ground there.

You have to recall that the only nation in the world which opposed entry of Pakistan into UN was Afghanistan and it supported Pastun and Baluch insurgency since 1947 till 1979 and wanted a 'Pashtunistan' and 'Baluchistan'.

To counteract, Pakistan reciprocated in kind. The Baluchs also reportedly received weapons from Saddam's Ba'ath Party .... :)

Even Indians had Bulgarian AK-47s .... the SFF.

Levina, AbRaj and An Indian like this.
  8. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    hmmmm... :) OK. So that is the only part of the story that makes sense...

9. Inactive

Inactive Guest

No .. I only quoted excerpt where I could post facts to indicate the thin crust of anyone's narrative sans proof/base.

Rest - every nation creates a hero. There are heroes on either side. I can tell you the incident of Pakka in Fazilka sector, where in 1971, a whole Indian Brigade was wasted trying to re-take the DCB that a platoon of SSG under a young dynamic Lieutenant had captured in early stages of war and was only recovered at the end.

I am sure, that a bit of 'exaggeration' can be taken as being part of 'folklore'

Additionally, even till date, any officer, with a weapon, even while not in hot war, can enter any Command 'Bunker' if conditions are near war.

Levina likes this.
  10. Inactive

Inactive Guest

It was proven ... by admissions. But then, who is bothered by something that has been a norm? No one.

Mistake: never get 'taken' in a cross border ingress/LC environment. Period.

Levina likes this.
  11. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    fair!!

If I may disagree. Before any medal is awarded there are multiple checks to ensure that no 'folklore' creeps in - at least in India. I'll give you just one example. Both Rezang La and Walong are very significant to the Kumaon Regt. A PVC was given for Rezang La but none for Walong. My point is - sufficient documentation and corroboration did not exist for Walong which is most probably why. Yet what happened at Walong was important enough that, the day is celebrated as Kumaon's Regimental day.

Sure I agree. But try "barging" into the Command Bunker with a weapon in your hand, mag in place and fire in your eyes. Esp. with the Army Chief there.

12. Levina

Levina Admin- Twitter Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Hellfire
    In the second part of your post you have quoted me when I have not even made any post here. :confused:

Inactive likes this.
  13. Inactive

Inactive Guest

wrong window ... oops

Levina likes this.
  14. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Not exactly true. In IA, there has been an increasing tendency to give medals or cite those who have been wounded in action .... whereas those who actually have achieved something, have been sidelined.

It is quite normal and rampant. I shall not expand further on it. But I do know what I talk of. Similarly, there is a case wherein a particular soldier died in first few mins of engagement, due to own tactical misjudgement and error .. but is a hailed hero for the unit and the nation. Had I been the CO, I would have court martialled the stupid git for that gigantic tactical blunder posthumously. But, alas, he was the only fatality with one near miss (the bullet hit dead centre of a BPP).

I have noting against it. Personally, I stand by my view - heroes need to be created, a but of exaggeration does not make the achievement of the concerned soldier, any less.

Again - you are taking exaggeration on face value. Leave it ... personally, this being a defence forum, I tend to honour every nation's dead. They have died for their nation, irrespective of what uniform they wear.

It is - the universal brotherhood which a soldier shares. You will find it very strong in Para and Special Forces cutting across national boundaries, in fact, even with an enemy on a neutral ground, the bonding is very strong among men and women.

OverLoad and An Indian like this.
  15. Levina

Levina Admin- Twitter Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Try the door then.

:p

Inactive and layman like this.