Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Centre scraps $20 billion MMRCA deal for 126 Rafale jets for IAF, LCA Tejas to replace MiG-21

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by tusharm, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Expect there is enough blame to go around, the French gave a lower price then figure to add on enough to make a profit because they were desperate to keep the Rafail in production. Indians being even more devious used their tradional form of bargaining expected to use the French to pressure the Russians and added impossible stipulations such as Dassault guaranteeing HAL work at the last minute.

2. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    But the more blame are to go to US because they have driven 11 allied countries in the disaster that is the F-35.

3. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    That's doubtful, US had dominated air warfare for the last 70 years. There is no for seeable change in that, just the as Rafail, T50 and PAK FA disasters are starting to prove.

4. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
  5. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Its really beyond ridiculous to believe countries like France or Russia with a GDP close to one of 50 USA states such as California with 2 or 3 trillion in GDP can compete with the USA with a 16 trillon GDP plus 12 other participating countries with another 20 trillion in GEP. The disasters you are seeing with the Rafail, PAF KA and T50 are what happens when dreams meet with reality.

6. sam2012

sam2012 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Against 3rd world country, yes you are right

Why don't you take that 70 year crap into urkraine airspace and liberate it using turkeys

7. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

is rafale useful in combat for IAF till 2017 /

8. positron

positron Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Many centuries ago the British said that, Turks before them, and Romans before them, and the greeks before them and none of them are the super power they were then,
    USA had the chance and you did lead the world for a while, now the time is up for USA.

9. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    It is What it is. Why should we start a war with Russia if we can defeat it with sanctions for the next 30 years.

10. positron

Country Flag:
    India
    It might be that soon the world might get bored of your sanctions and USA might be the country which lies surrounded alone between two large oceans

11. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    I don't have a crystal ball. Not sure we want to lead the world, You have a choice Lead, Get Out of the Way or Follow.

..Ronald Reagan .I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it and see it still....[4]

12. positron

Country Flag:
    India
    The writing is already on the wall, why do you need a crystal ball (wow that rhymes)
    We have the option and desire to lead, but first we have to make our basics strong, the same which made America a strong country

13. sam2012

Country Flag:
    India
    Matter of the fact you need balls to start a war with russia which whole doesn't have , may be you should put as 70 years superiority in sanctions not on air power

Better use ur 5th gen turkeys against ISIS , if a hyena thinks it has biggest biteing power in wild and mess with lion , lion will rip it apart 10 out of 10 times

14. sam2012

Country Flag:
    India
    QUOTE="Picdelamirand-oil, post: 459573, member: 8921"]But the more blame are to go to US because they have driven 11 allied countries in the disaster that is the F-35.[/QUOTE]

F-35 is terrible turkey lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  15. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Is that compared to the Kaput T 50 PAK FA or the Rafail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.