Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

China flight delayed after passenger throws coins into engine for good luck

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by BMD, Jun 28, 2017.

1. nair

nair Guest

Stick to topic

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    @Fox, I have over 2500hrs each on Boeing series and A320 series as Captain. I know how the doors open on both the types. But trust me and read their manuals. Doors can be opened at altitude easily. I had accepted two brand new A-320 from Airbus Industry and also test flew them on behalf of my airline with Airbus Test pilots. I know what I am talking here.

3. Fox

Fox Supreme Overlord FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    Keep the Appeal to Authority bullsh*t you yourself. I couldn't care less about your claimed experience.

Show me, don't tell me. I'm not someone who takes anyone's word at face value, let alone some random person on the internet I can't vouch for. Based on what I've seen from you on this forum so far, I don't believe you one bit. Same it for someone else 'cause you wont find a sympathetic ear from me.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Let us debate. What is your point? That door can't be opened during flight? Pls let me know what your queries are. I will scan the original FCOM of Airbus and Boeing and paste here. I have them in my library. Lady, even I do not know who you are but let me tell you, you may not have lived as many years in forces as many as I have spent on the inverted side of a loop in fighters. Go and get some help lady. Don't cross the path of your pop.

5. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Arent all aircraft doors plug doors that are self-sealing with the pressure difference at high altitude ?

6. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
  7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes they are, but what can you do if someone goes and tries to open them? FYI, the R2 door is the least bomb damage door location for A-320.

8. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I think door opening would be feature. What if at non decompression altitude someone had to open the door for some emergency? (smoke?) . Not referring to an airbus but there is at least one incident where a thief seems to have parachuted out with stolen money never to be found again.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I remember that news, that thief stole money from passengers onboard plane and jumped off plane using a homemade parachute,his body was found later after that parachute failed,this incident was from somewhere in 2000 and 2001 in Thailand or some East Asian airlines i think.

10. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Wolfpack likes this.
  11. R!CK

R!CK 2nd Lieutant REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    India
    No offence. Opening a cabin door at Flight level 360 should be impossible. Isnt that that the basic function we have for the plug type door assy's we use for modern aircraft including A320?

Good day!

12. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I remember an incident in the US, said it happened decades ago in the 60s. Guy jumped off and was ever heard of again.

13. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

As far as I know, after the guy jumped off they installed Cooper vanes which prevent the opening of doors during flight.

14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Once the door is unlocked in flight, it can fly off anytime. In A320, in case of reject Take Off, the cabin is kept at a slightly higher pressure compared to outside to aid in quick opening of doors for pax evacuation.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Must be a turboprop flying low,anyone jumping high in a jet wont survive.