Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

China says it is opposed to foreign investments in India’s North East

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by lca-fan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. randomradio

randomradio Colonel Technical Analyst

Do you think we can play the Tibet and Xinjiang card right away or we will have to bide our time before we become economically rich enough to catch the bull by the horns?

Hellfire likes this.
  2. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate THINKER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think it would be foolish and pre-mature to take the Chinese bait. I call it the Chinese bait precisely because we have to transform our economy first ... and improve our socio-economic indices. That shall need time.

The biggest foolishness has been the call to boycott Chinese products. The production base in India for low end products is small, and only thing that will happen is the Chinese products will be sourced and a "Made in India" tag will be put and sold at a higher premium. Beats the logic and only puts more burden on the masses.

surya kiran and randomradio like this.
  3. randomradio

randomradio Colonel Technical Analyst

I see the govt challenging the Chinese assertions the right way, "We can do what we want within our borders", but what would you consider "take the bait"?

I agree with this. The poor are being deprived of cheaper products due to the selfishness of the rich.

Hellfire likes this.