Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

China’s J-10B fighter to Pak worries India

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by kamle, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Order is of 36 only.

2. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

In the start of this thread i said China clears 150 J-10s for Pakistan and some people asked for proof now the figure of 150 is confirmed and initial order is of 36 fighter jets.

3. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Just wanted to highlight some points from the article. by the way , How credible this source is ?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  4. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Currently 200 J-10s are operational in PLAAF.

-J-10 is same as F-16 block 60 because other F-16 models don't have AESA and other 4.5G+ features.
    -J-10 is single engine so it take less maintenance time as compared to double engine Typhoon and Rafale.
    This is new prototype of J-10B flying with Chinese engine WS-10G or WS-10A.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  5. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Article mention about AESA and WS-10A (production with problems) but Recently China did order some Russian engines for J-10. I have seen the argument that China's mfg rate for engine is not sufficient, I can't buy it. If China had fully develop Engine which could be used on their front line aircraft, they would do anything to improve mfg. rate of those engines. Mfg. anything with blueprint is not difficult for china !
    About AESA, I Know this has been speculated by size of aircraft nose but it could be PESA. China has AESA for awac but its different for fighter aircraft, More sources are needed to confirm AESA.
    Double engine aircraft has its own advantages. Thats why it was one of the condition is MMRCA completion .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  6. aimarraul

aimarraul 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

1.every new offline J11B/BS/J15 is now using WS10 engine,i can show you lots of pics to prove that if you want to see

2. first batch of J-10B will be delivered to PLA at the end of this year ,still use russian engine ,WS-10 never get tested on single-engine jet until very recently(at least that's what we see),we need to be cautious,it might take other 1-2 years before we can say it's mature

3.china did order 123 AL31 recently , but it's not really big number for us,we have 200 J10A in servise,we are planning to export J10 to other counties besides Paksitan ,china is till rookie in this engine area,some customer may not fully trust the reliability of WS10 ,we understand their concern ,so we will provide other option for them, and usually we will order more than actual demand for war reserve in case our relationship with russia goes wrong

J10B flying with WS10 yesterday
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    3 people like this.
  7. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

yes initial order is of 36 only and additional 36, more follows are likely to dollow up, unlike IAF procurements, PAF tends to go for a collection of orders rather then one big one.

8. ShUeY

ShUeY FULL MEMBER

J-10B does seem like a fabulous fighter to me. When is Pakistan actually recieving this? And how much is the flyaway cost per plane?

9. Jungibaaz

production may start by the end of this year or next year, PAF may start receiving them next year.

going to refer you to this post for cost.

10. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    If a war is initiated by china on india,pak will also be participating.keep that in mind

11. Mr Hit Smith

Mr Hit Smith 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

You Failed To understand my Post :tdown:
    Su 30mki No Doubt one of the Best Fighters....out there
    also what makes you think that j10 will be superior to Su30mki and other mature platforms ? maybe Coz j10 uses Chinese Design (IAI LAVI) + Chinese Avionics Package ? :cheesy:

well i never said that j20 will be inferior to Mki's.....looks like you need to improve your English you simply failed to understand what i posted above.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  12. Mr Hit Smith

Mr Hit Smith 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Wacko!!! Really ?? any official Link ? :cheesy:
    Any Report on AESA development ? No Kinky Pinky Claims

Cheers!:biggthumpup:

13. Jungibaaz

Yes please contact PLAAF and CAC, have them fly you to Chengdu for inspection!
    Wacko!!! :cheesy:

you wont find an official link matey, only insider info, but since J-11B has AESA, AESA for J-10B seems very likely!
    please check post #156.

You guys said this for J-20, JF-17, J-11B, this again a new addition to the list.
    AESA already used on ZDK-03 and J-11B, should be no problem for JF-17 Block II and J-10B.

14. Jungibaaz

hey don't play dumb lad, stop ducking for cover....

I quote you here laddy... 'Only f22 in Out inventory can bang those heavy su30mki's...'
    Don't accuse me of misunderstanding your post, it's your lack of knowledge of these birds!

And Yes I do believe that J-10B can challenge MKI!
    J-10A has already beaten J-11A, Su-27SK, Su-30MKK and MK2 also Vietnam's Su-30s.

all have been raped the J-10A Air superiority fighter! Can only get better for J-10B.

:smile:

15. Dilemma

Dilemma Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Ah, this is similar to the discussion I had with BB.
    By comparing the Su-27SK/UB, Su-30MK/MKK/MK2 to the Su-30MKI, you just compared a blk40/52 to the blk60/super viper. The thinking that "Oh it beat the blk 52, so it can surely beat the blk60 and the super viper" is totally flawed.The things that set the MKI apart, the French/Israeli/Indian avionics and TVC cannot be found on any of the other flanker variants.
    Do you think the USAF, RAF, AdA, Luftwaffe and other airforces would have cared to exercise with the IAF if it had inducted stock Su-30s? No, not even a bit. The bad news is, the MKIs are getting upgraded further with an aesa radar (Zhuk-AE most likely), some avionics changes and maybe even an engine change. And I'm pretty sure by the time the J01B is inducted in the PAF and has enough numbers to form an operationale frontline squadron, the first upgraded MKIs would be in service along with a few MMRCA fighters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.