Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

China's Blitzkrieg on U.S. Carrier

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by Martian, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Hello Picard, did mail you, check the concept.

2. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

Would you show me a source for 3 trillion dollars, kind of doubt if you can since US Interstate system which much larger then China only cost 500 billion. Rail transport in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The USA transports 20 times as much as China by truck.

Theres no question that China is quite dependent on rail transporation and the bridges are a bottle neck that could be exploited by the use of missiles.

If China would take out a US aircraft carrier with 5000 americans on it we are going to war.

"Also why is it that the yanks assume that you can protect your assets in International waters from Chinese weapons where as the Chinese cannot protect their assets well within Chinese borders? I think you best get rid of the assumption to come to a logical conclusion. " Quote

Perhaps you have not heard of stealth bombers, such as the B2 that can carry as many as 212 glide smart bombs or the F35 or F22 stealth planes, US navy alone has 11,000 missiles pin point accuracy, or maybe you dont know that USA has 11 aircraft carriers who sole purpose is to take the fight to enemy. Thats why we developed stealth technology is to take the fight to the heart of the enemy. US has air bases surrounding China.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  3. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I think my efficient way to sink a carrier would be to use the ICC, or even the Euro-Carrier.

4. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    I would think if war broke out the carriers would head to where they could be protected by land based aircraft.

5. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

Well, yes, that was actually done during WW2: build land-based air bases as close to the area of conflict as possible, and use carriers for deep strikes against enemy shipping and bases, as well as to reinforce said land bases when and where needed.

6. Picard

As for sinking carriers, just use some AIP subs.

7. AccessDenied

AccessDenied Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Another way to sink a carrier might be through covert strike by the marine commandos. Risky and foolhardy, but has the potential to yield wonderful results with minimal costs.

8. Picard

No need for that, just use these and mount some HE on the hull:
    Ronilica R-2 Mala - Wikipedija
    (In essence: it is "wet submarine" for diversants, used by Croatia, Montenegro and Sweden. It was developed in 1960-s in Yugoslavia and was based on French PR-77. It can carry two 50-kg mines, high explosives or other equipment. It has two crew members, and air supply that allows for 4 hours of submerged operations. Range is 23 nm with plumbum accumulators. Version R-2M is more modern variant, with main improvement being reduced noise levels.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But it isn't fast, so it would probably be done in harbor.

9. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The DF-21D is certainly a threat.
    I think that the USN will find a way to deal with it. For now, upgrading counter measure suites within the carrier group will have to suffice.

10. Picard

Just fill the sky with lot of flak. I'm more worried about diesel subs, they're cheap, quiet, small and maneuverable when compared to nuclear ones, albeit slower.

11. AccessDenied

I think that the Aegis class destroyers will have to play a greater role in US carrier group protection.

1 person likes this.
  12. Picard

They certainly will. One of reasons why Zumwalt class was watered down to three ships was the fact that Arleigh Burke class destroyers (there are no Aegis class destroyers, both destroyers and frigattes can be outfitted with Aegis systems) are required to protect US super-large super-expensive Nimitz class missile baits.

2 people like this.
  13. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    How many aircraft carriers were destroyed as suggested above in World War II. If an aircraft carrier is every destroyed in the future I expect it will be by missiles.

14. AccessDenied

Mostly- yes. But other options won't be off the table either. And don't forget energy weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.