Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

China's economy will open up like never before says Chinese President Xi Jinping

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by WhyCry, Mar 8, 2017.

?

Which country will be the favorite FDI destination?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. India

95.8%
  2. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. USA

4.2%
  4. Brazil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pakistan... No Kidding... Lol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SR-91

SR-91 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    While china deserves what's coming to them but this decline is horrible for world's economy.

Levina likes this.
  2. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India

I'd be more circumspect before I pop the bubbly.This is the first time we've attracted the most FDI's in world history .China has been doing so successfully since decades plus they've plenty of aces up their sleeve to re capture the premium spot .

If I were an international investor looking for a better & quicker return on my RoI , I'd rather head to a destination with a proven track record than deal with the cumbersome , corrupt & notoriously inefficient & incompetent bureaucracy that mans our ministries.

Lets wait to see if we can repeat this performance for a few years before we declare victory .For this to happen two developments must come to fruition - the collapse of the Chinese financial system , which many here & outside the forums hope for but doesn't seem forthcoming & the second being whether international investors would still have the appetite for investment in such a scenario .Let me add a third - if we are in a position to capitalise on the situation .

That's a lot of probabilities . Experience dictates that if the list of probabilities goes up , the chances of success decreases .

Rain Man and Levina like this.
  3. WhyCry

WhyCry Reaper Love Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    The investments are not driven country relations but by growth and certainty. China has the first reason and that too for the longest time for the foreign investors to ignore/make-believe that investment is not going to be lost. Even though everyone knows the growth numbers are most likely incorrect. They had not seen a 12%-20% wealth growth since industrial age. Remember most of the FDI is done using hedge funds and wealth managers.

With China again making its currency loose value and stock market correction, that risk taking ability to trust Chinese market is in jeopardy. Investment growth in single digits and higher risk makes it very less lucrative for the FDI. I think there will be a downward trend for them for the next 3 years at least.

(Hence they themselves want to diversify their eggs; even eagerly looking to invest in India).

Rain Man, Levina and IndiranChandiran like this.
  4. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  5. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

You cannot keep kicking the can down the road forever

Levina likes this.
  6. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

very much possible, when Xi himself is exposed to have over billion dollar in the Panama leak, why would the citizens stop.

Rain Man and Levina like this.