Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Chinese J-20 and J-31 5th Generation Fighter Jets

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by Martian, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Martian

Martian Captain SENIOR MEMBER

JXX - China's stealth fighter (front view)

[​IMG]

Note: Thank you to "marchpole" for the picture.

2. Dilemma

Dilemma Captain SENIOR MEMBER

There have been numerous images like these that have been going around, but not one single clear picture. The clear ones are either photoshopped or they are CGIs.

To be very honest, if China can accept it is building a carrier-killing missile (which I feel is more threatening to the USA), then it can accept that it has made prototypes of its stealth fighter. But as it does not accept the later part, I highly doubt if it even exists.

3. siegecrossbow

siegecrossbow 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

Well not all Chinese weapons have to be built with the U.S. in mind. Carrier-killing missiles, if you think about it, push things into the strategic level since the United States use nuclear retaliation in the event that a U.S. carrier is sunk. Stealth fighters are conventional weapons. How do those even compare?

Besides according to an interview with a high PLAAF official He weirong a year ago the development of Chinese stealth fighters was well underway. He claimed that the plane with be in service around 2018 or so. Chinese officers normally don't make claims like this.

4. Dilemma

Oh I din't know that.

5. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

Taking reference of the person standing on the side, and the landing gear, it seems that the aircraft is much smaller when compared to PakFa and F-22.

6. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Good to see China followed US design DSI intakes and bubble canopy looking so nice.
    China still have 6 years to improve this and start serial production from 2018. :cheers: :chilli:

7. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

DSI intakes ok but where did you get the " and bubble canopy" Idea from...........
    And also note bubble canopy screws up the stealth aspect.......

8. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

how ??

[​IMG]

i am a little jealous with chinese ..... why doesn't our MOD does projects secretly and reveal when they r done.....its a little difficult to wait for long years and see projects take shape from designs to final products....

i'm not comparing china , india.....just saying that building a stealth fighter from scratch is a very ambitious project and we would have to wait for 10 long years just to see amca get into shape and a few more to see it in active service.....

9. Dilemma

Because we are a functioning and one of the most freest democracy.

2 people like this.
  10. RoYaN

[​IMG]
    look at the way it screws up the smooth lines and ant thing that increases RCS is generally frowned upon in stealth aircraft..besides the need for bubble canopy in a stealth air no longer exists..........

11. Martian

Martian Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Two different looks at China's J-20 stealth fighter

[​IMG]

I would like to bring everyone up to date on our current knowledge of China's J-20 stealth fighter. As of this moment, we have two different pictures of the same plane from different angles. When more pictures become available, I will update this post!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  12. RoYaN

I want High def pics really looking forward to high def pics......

13. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I partly agree with dilemma and partly with seigecrossbow. In this day and age of digital photography, grainy images must be assumed to be deliberately rigged. Even mobile phones can give better pictures than the ones we are seeing in this thread. Besides, the tailfins are making me suspicious. One is too long and the other too short.

Having said that, I also think that the chinese military wouldn't let off a project as prestigious as stealth jets. If they are so prestige conscious that they will consider building aircraft carriers, no way they'll stay away from stealth jets.

1 person likes this.
  14. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Leave it bro you don't know what is bubble canopy don't derail the thread. :offtopic:

15. RoYaN

Well a canopy pointing out of the top of the aircraft will only increase RCS and not reduce it.......