Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Chinese troops enter Indian territory, Dismantle old bunkers

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by satz, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satz

satz Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Chinese troops enter Indian territory; dismantle old bunkers

LEH: Chinese troops are reported to have entered into Indian territory and destroyed some old Army bunkers and tents in Chumar division of Nyoma sector, about 300 kilometres from here.

While some reports suggested that the Chinese troops in helicopters entered one-and-a-half kilometres into Indian airspace, other reports said that the helicopters landed in Chinese territory and then the troops marched into the area to dismantle the bunkers, a move aimed at displaying that the area belonged to them.

The Army denied that any such incident had taken place. But sources in the know said that two Chinese helicopters had entered into air space and landed one-and-half kilometres into the Indian territory at Chumar in Chingthang area of Tehsil Nyoma.

The Chinese troops attempted to dismantle an old army bunker, which was not used by the troops for long, the sources said.

Another version quoted to eyewitnesses, who are often the grazers, said that Chinese helicopters landed near the Line of Actual Control and then marched in to destroy old bunkers of the army and tents of ITBP.

2. illuminati

illuminati Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Right... I think the Indians have been doing so in the East too... nothing serious, the media has just sensationalized it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

Link not working.. please update.

4. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Chinese troops enter Indian territory - Hindustan Times

Here is the correct link.

If we dont strengthen our borders, expect these things to occur.

India needs to make changes in the army to support handling such matters quickly. I believe Chinese will be doing this more and more in the future.

5. Observer

Observer 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Before Countering China, India should be strong enough to tackle any situation if the matter escalate. I think till now India is not in a position to Counter the threat from China. That's why we are playing down and in a submissive way. India should be fast enough, accountable and time barred in various project it expect to implement, Whether if its of various missile program, Up gradation of its infantry, its mechanized force, air force, Navy, Nuclear arsenal, Border security, diplomacy, foreign affairs, intelligence etc. Our defense should be EXTREMELY strong and lethal that any aggressors should fear of its consequences.
    Even though we are doing progress in various fields but still we need to go a long way. Despite of many wars with our 2 neighbours and also almost 60 years passed we should have by now have developed a full proof system to counter any threat and not allowing these kind of intrusions.
    Its because of our weak status in various fields China is posing as an aggressor and provoking us.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i think by these kind of incidents, chinese are testing the indian leadership. they want to know how much can india bend over and how much can it take passively.

i think we have to be lil more assertive in relation to china. by assertive i do not mean aggressive. in the mean time we should develop our military power and develop good relations with chinese neighbours.

7. mzubair

mzubair FULL MEMBER

Chinese troops enter Indian territory; dismantle old bunkers

LEH: Chinese troops are reported to have entered into Indian territory and destroyed some old Army bunkers and tents in Chumar division of Nyoma sector, about 300 kilometres from here.

While some reports suggested that the Chinese troops in helicopters entered one-and-a-half kilometres into Indian airspace, other reports said that the helicopters landed in Chinese territory and then the troops marched into the area to dismantle the bunkers, a move aimed at displaying that the area belonged to them.

The Army denied that any such incident had taken place. But sources in the know said that two Chinese helicopters had entered into air space and landed one-and-half kilometres into the Indian territory at Chumar in Chingthang area of Tehsil Nyoma

Source

8. mzubair

mzubair FULL MEMBER

Re: Chinese troops enter Indian territory; dismantle old bunkers

Is it a real story.........??
    Why Indian Troops didnt retaliate ?????

9. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

I only partly agree.

But I also think we have to be willing to take a few black eyes. Vietnam repelled Chinese even though they were small and undeveloped. Indians should be stalwart and fully confident.

We will fight a limited war, learn from our mistakes, use it as incentive to improve, and most of all, we will show them that we can and will repel them one way or another.

First step is to take care of our current government so it isn't an obstacle.

That's what I want to know.

While congress is a culprit, surely border security does not have to establish direct line with congressmen to engage every threat. When they cross our border, they should get a single, clear warning, and then they should be met with all the firepower that can be spared.

If this wasn't so shameful it would be comical. This is our only home, and it is the home of our families and ancestors and the civilization we built. Maybe India is still imperfect in many ways, and maybe we don't all get along all the time, but that is not an excuse to be apathetic to any degree. It's still our civilization and we built it, and that is all that is necessary to understand to conclude Chinese shouldn't be allowed a single step so long as we can spare an ounce of effort to push them back.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.