Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Chinese troops intrude into Indian territory in Ladakh, erect tent post

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Rock n Rolla, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNAM

UNAM 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Today saw on CNN IBN that patrolling of indian troops around conflict zone has been reduced.

2. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

Yes, that's already posted, I thought a new softening of stance was taken :woot:. See post #564

3. Rock n Rolla

Don't know what Congress/UPA is waiting for to take some action??

Three failed flag-meetings & numerous failed diplomatic meetings later, UPA/Congress still believes waiting this out is the best option??

4. Rock n Rolla

A really nice blog post, reflects the way the most of us on IDF think.

[​IMG]
    The curious case of Salman Khurshid

Nearly six decades ago when Nehru had espoused the NAM (non-aligned movement), it reflected his vision of India's independent foreign policy. The policy had its flaws which the nation was to discover in the years to come but it was still better than not having a policy at all and being embarrassed by all and sundry.

Today, one feels sorry for our external affairs minister, Salman Khurshid, when he employs puerile metaphors to cover up for his intellectual bankruptcy, the latest being his comparison of India with the legendary boxer, Muhammad Ali.

Consider this: In January, when Pakistani troops mutilated two of our soldiers without provocation, India's first reaction was to ask Pakistan to probe the killings. Now, the problem with such a reaction is that even a schoolboy will tell you why the reaction was utterly flawed: after a robbery at your house, would you ask the robbers to probe the incident? That's precisely what India did. Just two weeks later, when the Pakistan PM came to Jaipur on a personal visit, Khursid's desperation to hobnob with him was just as strange. Khurshid went all the way to Jaipur to host the Pak PM over an agenda-less lunch. When Khurshid was asked why he didn't take up the issue of the killing of Indian soldiers, he conceitedly told the media that such things are not discussed on a personal visit. But then, one failed to understand the pressing need to host a hostile nation's PM on his personal visit. Khurshid had no answer for that either.

Khurshid's reaction on the Italian marines' row was just as timid. While he kept raving about the powers of diplomacy, had it not been for the Supreme Court's intervention, we all know that his vacuous, pacifist talk would not have yielded anything.

Last week, Khurshid compared China's incursion with 'acne' which can be cured with ointment. When he said that, he seemed to endorse China's defence that incursions were a 'localised' problem. In fact his boss, MMS, went a step further to use the very same words - 'localised problem' to underplay the gravity of China's 19-km incursion into the Indian side. Now I have a major issue with that description: would these supposedly learned men call lung cancer a 'localised problem' and not one that affects the whole body?

It is inexplicable why the government deliberately chose not to go beyond useless 'flag meetings' on the border when the situation demanded the summoning of the Chinese Ambassador. Sadly it seems that either the PM and Khurshid suffer from a disability to comprehend sensitive situations or a terrible inferiority complex that makes them react pusillanimously to every act of aggression against the country.

Within days, once again, on the Sarabjit case, Khurshid was back to giving sermons about 'the power of diplomacy'. What he doesn't seem to know at all is that 'talking tough' is as much a part of composite diplomacy. Diplomacy doesn't mean taking blows on your body and making a fake virtue out of it, as our external affairs minister seems to believe.

Our PM had recently lamented that India has become a laughing stock for the world. It would be nice if he also acknowledges his crucial role in the decline. It is high time the PM and Khurshid feel ashamed for reducing this great nation to a meek one which every country takes for granted.

Tuhin A Sinha 's Blog : The curious case of Salman Khurshid

1 person likes this.
  5. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I hereby take this oath,

"that i shall never ever vote for Congress,
    or the parties that support it ever again."

How many are With me ??????

2 people like this.
  6. Rock n Rolla

I am with you :bike:

7. dvdiyen

dvdiyen FULL MEMBER

I will never vote for congress

8. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    Good, Welcome to IDF

9. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Chinese soldiers conduct armed patrol around their camp in Ladakh. Communications post set up too.
    :angry:

10. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    Military action is the only course of action left.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rock n Rolla

Only regret is that UPA is in power, when govt will take 'some' action is only known to the Gandhi Family :angry:

12. Rock n Rolla

This was expected by all Indians except the uber morons in UPA. Now what needs to be seen is whether the Army will take action on its own.

13. Virajith

Virajith Captain SENIOR MEMBER

me too bro
    :wink:

14. Sam_

Sam_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Nothing is going to happen rather than 4th,5th failed flag meeting.One thing i am confirmed about this either strong Indian Army is a myth or UPA too afraid to use them because if they fail then UPA will lose 100% in the next election.

How can these politician save our nation when a sword of Damocles hangs over their head in the name of election and China knows it and fyi Our family always vote for BJP.

15. azzythehillbilly

azzythehillbilly REGISTERED

:frust:
    Or am I then to presume ignorance on the part of all the members. Does nobody know where exactly the intrusion/invasion occurred? I find this very discouraging. After all it is a matter solely of location so the whole affair rests on the exact position of the alleged camp.

Is it possible that the UPA pulled it out of the hat to garner votes but this scheme has gone out of control?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.