Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Chinese troops transgress Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction sector in Doka La / Dokalam Area

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Agent_47, Jun 26, 2017.

1. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    You can pour dirty water to this old guy to smear him,but tell you the truth which is china never conduct propaganda about 1962 war. Not many young people know this war before recent incident happaned because china dont wanna stir india ,and dont wanna tell his people india is the enemy of china..

2. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    China has already threatened India a lot, Let's see if China dares to fight with India. China will be losing 80 billion dollar trade and future trade and cooperation with India. India will totally join the west. Indian manufacturing will finally kick start.

I say let's have a war with China, a good reason to stop trade with India. All the selfish businessmen will be pulling their hair... who cares...

Angel Eyes and X_Killer like this.
  3. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Get this: Modi cited Vikramaditya era pact to counter China's 1890 Doka La accord
    IndiaSrinivasa PrasadJul, 13 2017 06:33:21 IST
    Tweet

At d BRICS leaders' informal gathering @ Hamburg hosted by China, PM @narendramodi and President Xi had a conversation on a range of issues pic.twitter.com/ervZw46PH0

— Gopal Baglay (@MEAIndia) July 7, 2017

This was a tweet that Gopal Baglay, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson, put out after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping had a quick, spur-of-the-moment meeting in Hamburg the other day. Baglay refused to elaborate on either the "range of things" they talked about or the success of the powwow.

A day later, he revealed to reporters, like a messiah delivering celestial wisdom to his apostles, that the picture that went with his tweet itself "speaks more than a thousand words". He was apparently referring to the smiles on the faces of Jinping and Modi.

More than a thousand words? Really?

Language aficionados say that it was the American magazine Printers Ink which had first used the expression "one look is worth a thousand words" in 1921, attributing it to a Japanese scholar. Six years later, the same magazine printed the line "one picture is worth ten thousand words" and said it was of Chinese origin. This led to speculation that it was Confucius who had first coined it and that led to the confusion.

Confucius is no longer in a fit condition to shed light — he died in 479 BC — on whether he had said thousand or ten thousand words. The clever Baglay played it safe with "more than a thousand". And this led to a whole lot of confusion too. Baglay's tweet became a conundrum, of a kind even the senior-most journalists covering the external affairs ministry had not encountered before.

Reporters pored over the photo to ferret out the "more than thousand" words that supposedly lurked behind the smiles of Modi and Xi, but they found none. Then they rushed to physiognomists, anthroposcopisgts and even metopomancists for help but to no avail.

But I was lucky. I found a source — I'll call him Deep Throat — who revealed to me what went on between Modi and Xi when they met in a side room with a large window overlooking a lawn in Hamburg. He told me the story — though only up to a point.

Deep Throat said he had crouched on the lawn and peeped into the open window and saw it all. This is what he said.

Once they had stepped into the room and dismissed their respective aides, Modi and Xi locked themselves in a tight embrace, like two brothers separated by a cruel villain finding each other at the end of a Bollywood movie.

"Xi," Modi said.

"Ji," Xi sighed.

Separating themselves from each other with great reluctance, they sat at the two ends of a long sofa. But soon the camaraderie disappeared like a candle light being blown. Their smiles were gone. For an entire minute, they scowled at each other in silence.

Modi was the first to break the silence. "Your boys must get the hell out of Doka la," he said with fire in his eyes.

Xi's retort was quick. "If anybody must get out of there, it's your kids," he said. "Doka la belongs to China."

"Applesauce and balderdash," Modi said, shaking his head in disgust and raising his voice. Doka la belongs to Bhutan, and India has a contract to save Bhutan from expansionist, hegemonic real-estate usurpers like China. And what basis do you have to make such an absurd claim that Doka la is part of China anyway?"

[​IMG]
    A file image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Getty Images

"Why, of course, the 1890 agreement says it all," Xi said, looking surprised that Modi should even ask the question.

"But that accord," Modi said, "was signed by the Queen of England and Emperor Guanxu of China and, since then, circumstances have changed as unrecognisably as ape has changed into man in evolution. Your selective amnesia no doubt stops you from recalling that the so-called 1890 agreement was all about Sikkim and Tibet. Now, Sikkim is ours, and you claim Tibet is yours. Besides, Bhutan was never a party to it."

"But an accord is an accord is an accord," Xi insisted with a grimace.

A smile crossed Modi's face. "In which case," he declared, "I too have an accord that will beat the life out of all accords ever signed since Big Bang."

"I beg your pardon?" said Xi, nonplussed.

"Kaun hai wahan?" Modi shouted in the direction of the door.

An Indian official walked in with a bunch of palm leaves bound as a book. On a nod from the Prime Minister, he handed it to Xi.

"That's the 1126 accord," Modi said.

Xi began to study the palm leaf inscriptions with an expression that changed from surprise to bewilderment and then to utter panic.

Modi said, "To cut the long story short, and the short story to a paragraph, it's this. It all began in year 1126 when King Vikramaditya-VI summoned up a humongous army to march across the Narmada river, the northern India, the Himalayas and into China up to Heilongjiang to conquer the whole damned place. Emperor Huizong, who then ruled China, was struck by horror. Fearing that Vikramaditya-VI would annex entire China, Huizong made an offer. He said the Indian king could take China up to Peking, leaving the provinces beyond Leaoning to him. The two emperors signed a pact to that effect in 1126, but, as fate would have it, Vikramaditya-VI soon passed away. Then all was forgotten, and the palm-leaf manuscript gathered dust for nine centuries. I found it under my pillow when I woke up the other day, left there by an anonymous patriot, no doubt."

Xi looked as if the chandelier above him had crashed on his head. He was unable to hide the fear in his eyes. Yet he tried, without success, to put on a brave front, as he asked: "And you expect the world to buy this 1126 historical poppycock?"

"Just the way you want the world to fall for your 1890 historical poppycock," Modi replied.

"You have anything to back this up?"

"Yes," Modi said, "our archaeologists have dug out a stone of the Maurya kingdom vintage dating back to 321 BC which shows-"

"Zúgòu, (enough)," shouted the Chinese President, as sweat began to appear on his puffed up face. "You aren't leaking any of this damned historical evidence to the media, are you?" he said with a quiver in his voice.

"No, I'll just tell Trump."

"Ah, leave alone Doka la," he said, "Trump can't find his own nose even if the White House aides hold a mirror before him."

"But," Modi explained, "Trump will put it on Twitter. He's got 33.7 million followers. I'll retweet it to my 31.5 million followers. Soon the whole world will get the stuff."

Xi raised a trembling hand. "Stop it," he pleaded.

With his face in hands, Xi fell silent for a few moments before he looked up and mumbled, as if to himself: "Things have gone a bit awry, have they not? I must find a way out of this."

Then the Chinese President's face illuminated as if a bulb inside his head had been switched on but no words came from his smiling lips for a long time.

'Xi!" Modi said.

"Ji," Xi sighed. "I do have an honourable-media will call it face-saving-way out of this face off, which will..."

At that point, Deep Throat heard the footsteps of approaching security guards. He fled from the window with the speed of a bullet. But he disclosed later that he suspects the Sikkim face-off will soon come to an anti-climax like a poorly-made Chinese romance movie.

[​IMG]
    Reporters pored over the photo to ferret out the "more than thousand" words that supposedly lurked behind the smiles of Modi and Xi, but they found none. Getty Images

This is a satirical piece. The author wrote a weekly satire column called True Lies in The Times of India from 1996 to 2001. He tweets at @sprasadindia

http://www.firstpost.com/india/get-...er-chinas-1890-accord-on-doka-la-3804149.html

4. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    go back to“ #440”and "#449"to read what I have said,I dont want to say it again..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    It's you dont reply my answer ,I say it about your "truth" again,"Gov organize this to tell the muslim dont take extreme thoughts..The Imams coordinate readily.but in your media is another story.how funny it is!!Any one who understands Chinese knows that the banner reads "peace of land, peace of mind".(故土安宁,心神安定). you guys can try to use google translator to tranlate it ,you will find who tell the truth.."have you used google translator now?

6. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Cleaned up, Please stick to the topic.

DE1rbUxVwAAEOIC.jpg

zebra7 and randomradio like this.
  7. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Beijing won't have formal talks with India; stand-off may continue till winter: Chinese expert

BEIJING: Beijing will not agree to formal talks with New Delhi until Indian troops withdraw from the position they are holding at the Doklam plateau on the Sikkim border, a prominent Chinese expert told TOI in an exclusive interview on Saturday.

The border stalemate may continue until the harsh winter sets in the area, he said.

China is trying to send a signal that National Security Adviser Ajit Doval is unlikely to persuade Beijing to begin negotiations without a troop withdrawal from the Indian side during his visit to Beijing later this month.

Doval is visiting Beijing to attend a multilateral security dialogue under BRICS on July 27 and 28 and is expected to use the occasion to initiate a dialogue for ending the border stalemate.

"Our official position is that before Indian troops pull back from Doklam, there will be no talks. It (holding talks) may stir up some uneasy feelings among the ordinary people (in China) who know the recent faceoff in the border area," Hu Shisheng, director of the government think-tank, Institute of South and Southeast Asian and Oceanic Studies, told TOI.

The situation has become alarming because "both sides cannot afford to be regarded as a loser" by their domestic audience, he said. "There is no room for both sides to sit down and negotiate because the (Chinese) precondition is very clear," the expert said.

"My personal feeling is that this kind of confrontation in border areas will the until climate becoming more and more inhuman. Finally, because of the weather, Indian troops may pull back, both sides may pull back," Hu said.

But there is a possibility of some informal talks without either side admitting it, he said. "I don't think there will be formal talk. There could be some indoor talks," the expert said. The media, particularly the social media on both sides, are pouring fuel in the fire, he complained.

"The more transparent (the dialogue), the more disastrous, the more negative to the final settlement because the nationalism of either side could block or disturb any rational settlement of the issue," Hu explained.

China might use other means to ensure there is no formal talks on the border issue before its precondition about troop withdrawal is met.

China has been engaged in informal diplomacy using think tank experts, and Hu is one of the prominent players in this area.

Even if soldiers on both sides pull away from the border during winter, "We cannot say this will settle the problem. In the next scenario, it (stand-off) can be repeated again. Both sides cannot afford losing face," the expert said, adding that it is very difficult to avoid a military conflict.

Hu complained that the media on both sides are "stirring up the feelings". He said "the traditional media could be okay, but the social media, I think, on both sides, are adding fuel to the fire".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nese-expert/articleshow/59610373.cms?from=mdr

Peace warriors don't wanna talk.:dude:

8. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I know that you guys love to copy and paste but I don't like to go through the copied data.
    I also know that you guys are also a form of coped tech that's why you all look very similar to eachother.

If you don't have any factual information than take your ass out of here.

9. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    I just pointed out something what you said "truth" about china was actually a lie.you dare not to admit..that 's the truth..What factual information do you want?if you ask and I know,I may tell you..

10. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    Bhutan and China are the real two parties of this incident.we both like to negotiate directly. so far, they dont issue a statement that they ask for your help.If we can provide enough supporting let them not be scared of your possible sanction,they may issue a statement that they wish india can respect their sovereign right and they want to negotiate with china directly about this incident,that india will be embarrassed..All this depend on how much supporting we like to provide to them..

11. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    On what universe are you living in? Who is this 'WE'? You don't have a diplomatic relationship with Bhutan. Why would any country ask for help in a PR?
    We all well know who is embarrassed.

www.mfa.gov.bt/press-releases/press-release-272.html

12. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    I have mentioned this statement of bhutan earlier in this post,it's bhutan sovereign right to claim disputed border,but they never ask for your help ,this is the key point.dont you know we(china and bhutan)have conducted many rounds negotiation about border directly?

13. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    How does it matter? You violated a written agreement with two other parties. Changing the status quo has direct implications to India. We responded, We are protecting our interest not bhutan's per say.

You don't need diplomatic relation to conduct negotiations.

14. xiyangtubie

xiyangtubie FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    You just tell the truth that you are protecting your interest not bhutan's...in fact bhutan dont wanna disclaim this barren land because of your will..why they care about your will?because you provide so much supporting to them and their economy depend on you that they dare not to disobey ..but in fact they dont like this kind of control. but if we provide enough ........ if they decide to accept our supporting ,diplomatic relation is never a problem..so I say all this depend on how much supporting we like to provide to them..

15. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Its indian MEA saying that.
    http://www.mea.gov.in/press-releases.htm?dtl/28572/Recent_Developments_in_Doklam_Area

Every country secure their interest first. Its common sense.

You like to think every country can be brought with you so called 'support' ! Here bhutan and india are on the same boat and we take actions in coordination and mutual understanding. Either you can accept that and engage in dialogue or continue your crybaby 'globaltimes' politics.