Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Christianity and Impact of westernization on Indian culture

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by sunny_10, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Christianity & Impact of westernization on Indian culture

Indian Culture, which is one of the oldest & richest cultures, is now days posing a serious threat as western culture is establishing its strong base in India and slowly and gradually wiping the Indian culture. It had already made its presence in Metro’s & now slowly heading towards other parts of India.

Westernization has greatly effected our traditions, customs, our family and our respect and love for others. The concept of joint families is fastly decreasing every one wants to remain aloof from others. No body now bother about others and only cares about himself which is totally contradictory to our Indian culture which teaches to be a part of each other Joy’s and Sorrows to celebrate the moments together and share the grief together. Slowly all our values for which India has the pride is vanishing & western culture is taking its place. People are blindly following the western culture without knowing its consequences.

Westernization has given rise to single families. Marriages are fastly breaking & our tolerance and patience has given the answer. The most effected are our new blooms, which have sprouted they find themselves stressed and isolated in this new atmosphere as there is no one to take care of them. They will not get the care and love of their Grand parents and they find themselves in crutches were some others will take care of them. It is very unfortunate that the new sprouts remain untouched and cut off from our moral values and sanskaras. In today’s Scenario were both husband & wife are working there is no one at home to look after them to inherit the sanskaras in them as our elders who gives these sanskaras to their grand children are not with them. To many cases it is not deliberate but in majority of case the children prefers to remain away from their parents which is very unfortunate.

There’s no harm in taking good things from western but this does not mean that we should completely adopt it and pretend to be western and misrepresent our identity. It is understandable that India is growing in every field and there is necessity of knowing all the cultures and their traditions. To some extent it is fine but we should not pretend that we dislike the Indian values and likes only western culture. We have to preserve our identity. One thing should be always kept in mind that western world is looking India for its honesty and its rich Cultural heritage.

It is shocking to see that Indians are forgetting their culture and western people are seeing India for obtaining salvation. They are coming here for seeking the true peace, which is total absent there. India has earned a good name in the field of Yoga and meditation were our gurus are giving teachings to western countries how to relax themselves & how to keep themselves away from disease were in India it is contradictory to it. People are only seeing money as necessity and for the same they do any thing, which is very shocking.

It is very unfortunate that today’s generation has very little knowledge about their culture, traditions & their roots. This is not their mistake but the mistake of their parents who does not enlighten their children about their roots about their rich cultural heritage.

Contradictory to it Parents feel proud in giving the western Sanskaras to their children. Children are brought up in this atmosphere. They are thus kept miles away from Indian culture. There is no harm in giving the knowledge of other cultures and traditions as Indians have made their presence in every part of world and it is very necessary that we should have knowledge of their culture, traditions and their language. We should do but to the limit, which is really needed, and also take care that our new sprouts are well versed with Indian culture and its values. It is the responsibility of parents to inherit the same and for this it is very necessary that parents should also be well versed with Indian culture and traditions.

No doubt the western culture is versatile and has taught to be self-independent but this does not mean that we will forget our culture at all and blindly follow it. Since India has the tradition to take good things from others but this does not mean that we will completely forget our values. We should feel proud that we are Indian s and we have such a rich cultural heritage which is very rare and should carry this forward and inherit the same to our New blooms who are going to be our future.

Impact of Westernization on Indian Culture : khirbhawani blogs on sulekha, Creative blogs, khirbhawani blog from india

1 person likes this.
  2. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Im a science student and I have a different worries from inviting Christianity in any country. its about growing numbers of generation of 'casual sex' of Single Mothers, and we all knows that Mr Jesus Christ was also not sure about his known father. in fact he was right to claim that he was 'Son of God' as even in India, there was a wrong tradition in past, when mistress of rich people used to get pregnant, people used to say those kids sons or daughters of God as only God knows who who were fathers of those kids. And those members of IDF who have had good time in a Western country know that whenever you ask a Western girl in private, “what if you get pregnant?” then she first name Mr Jesus Christ and say, “he/ she will be one like Mr Jesus.” :meeting:

Then here we find, In fact inviting Western culture in India is nothing but about inviting ‘Single Mother’ culture in India from West. Western Champions of Christian religious background themselves shy to accept that Mr Jesus Christ was also son of a Single Mother, similar to common Western nationals who aren’t sure about their father, but these Christian background Western people try to prove that Mr Jesus Christ directly came from sky in place to saying that he was also one of the common Western people. They themselves don’t want to accept that Mr Jesus Christ was also from a Single Mother, while being shameful, but these Western Christian religious background people want the whole world to adopt this Western culture. And I can’t understand, if they themselves are shameful enough to say that their lord, Mr Jesus Christ, was one of the generation of Single Mother then why they want the whole world to become like this. In place of fixing their disease, why they want to spread it in whole world? :hang2:

Im scared of that day when Indian kids will have to give name of their mother in schools like Australia type Western country, not name of father like in India, because right now a Western kid just can’t guarantee who exactly was his/ her father. And in place of fixing their disease, these Western democratic champions want to spread it in whole world? why? its beyond my limits to think……………….

In fact, the main liar about the truth about birth of Mr Jesus Christ is Pope Benedict XVI :hitwall: Does the Christian religious background Western countries have even one science student who may dare to say to this liar that Mr Jesus Christ might not have taken birth without physical intercourse? why this liar lie to world about the concept behind birth of any human or animal on earth?

But from my side, I may say that when poor educational background fall to a certain level, the only thing remains is, what we believe in regardless how things really work. And belief in Christianity is nothing but a sign of falling educational background of Western people, like how we now find only under high school pass people in the countries like US, UK, Australia, Canada..............

3. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

Christianity is religion, and Jesus himself is ultimately irrelevant. What is relevant is his message, his teachings. And he definetly was against casual sex.

And as for this:

You could say same for representative "democracy", for neoliberalism, for free trade... yet all of these are under far less attack, or no attack at all, from media - at least here in Croatia. I wonder why...

As for Westernization of culture, I completely agree; but what you may not know, and I have already explained it, that same process is happening in Europe itself... althought right word would be "northernization" of culture. Mediterranean cousine is one of healthiest in the world - yet many people live on hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chips, pizzas and so on. Traditional music is also not very popular, althought I hope it is not in danger. And so on... point is, people should be made aware of it and its danger through education, and know how to answer it.

4. tilopa

tilopa Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

you know nothing about indian culture....probably you are influenced by the medieval era hindu which got its influence from islamic and sexually repressive victorian culture
    talking of sex...you must know that ancient india was based on villages and there was less segregation between the sexes...so sex was common
    i am on mobile otherwise i would have provided you the link of sexual licentiousness among the stories of mahabharata...kings in those times used to have lots of lovers for ex:indra was a sez obese
    another point is that there was a survey done in rural india and 52% admitted to premarital sex
    again it was rural not urban
    and lets now come to family...
    single families just reflect todays economic system..there was a time when there were no families,tribes used to live together,then came joint family as civilization progressed,then single families and so on...
    speaking of christian morals u know nothing..
    fundamentalist christians are dead against sex..infact there is a full war between liberals and christians in the west

3 people like this.
  5. tilopa

one more thing...we get a lot to hear this
    that westeners coming to india to learn meditation while we going thereb way

it is just the turn of the cycle...poor people aint interested in meditation and self knowledge...they are interested in gods which fulfill wishes and money
    thats why our "pious" religious indian families will be shocked if there son says that he is interested in enlightenment
    but they are ready to spend thousands on karma kandas and pandits because it ensures that god will bless u materiastically

west is riich...so now they r becoming interested in meditation..infact a survey shows that xtianity is disappearing from 9 european nations as they have become wary promises of heavens and instead they are turning more to buddhism etc

indians aint interested in true religion because we are a predominantly poor nation and life is sangarsh for most of us
    hence we value pujas and pandits more then individualism and self knowledge

6. tilopa

also your premise that childrens having mother name are inferior then children with father is basically misogynstic
    there are primitive tribes in india which are matriarchal
    but india predominantly is patriarchal hence 'honor' is associated with woman not man
    man can be accepted if they go on a free run but if woman does the same then its "disgrace"

7. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

@sunny_10 Why are you dragging Christianity in to this??

8. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Sir, I got opportunity to participate in political talks with Western politicians while my stay in Australia and one day I made a statement, “When I was in India, we used to think that US/West has best techs as their people are very hard working and study hard, have high knowledge and that’s why they have this much technologies. But here I came to know that US has best techs because of those high qualified immigrants, mainly Indians, who helped them high techs as how under high school passed people will develop techs?†I told them, “this is a disaster that you think you have high techs because your young generation have fun in their life, they start having girl friends from the age of 13-14 in schools and that’s why you have high techs? If we want to make ‘competitive products’, we first need ‘competition in our schools and then we may have those high competitive students who may become leader professionals in developing high techs. Your society is made by mostly class 6th/7trh passed people who work 5 days and spend on weekends, without any career prospects and they are mostly labors, and being proud whites. and if you don’t get high qualified people, you will never have any technology.†:no:

I also asked, “people are people and and its only our ‘cultural background’ which guide us to have 'right' life style and Im surprised how Britain type countries ever had technologies with this type of culture, people?†then I was told, “India was the largest economy till 17th century and was on second position in the 18thy century also but since then, British got blessed with Indian talents while their rule in India which helped them have high techs during 19th and 20th centuries till now.†But then I was told, “these migrants send remittances to their home also which affect British type economy also.†And then I tried to find out how much remittances are sent outward Britain then I found half of the remittances from Britain goes to only Pakistan and East Pakistan (Bangladesh) only as their rulers like Mr Jinnah were loyal to British rule against the freedom efforts of Mr Gandhi.

Mr Jinnah always resisted Gandhi’s efforts to boycott British products, Quit India Movement etc and served as Governor General of Britain also till his death and it made people of Pakistan before 1971 very easy to go to Britain. But we again went through the datas then we found, “As Indians who migrated there were having high qualified background due to their 'cultural background', they first helped Britain/US type countries have high techs and even right now, their coming generation of Indian Cultural Background are no burden on Britain/US. while people of Pakistan before 1970 were only ‘loyals’ to Britain and for that, Britain still pay a very high price for the new generation of their loyal also as below………

Indians have certain ‘cultural background’ why British and British origins of US always want to ‘eat’ Indians, while they either want ‘loyals’ from rest of the countries, or, they attack on these countries…....... :india:

9. tilopa

he doesnt know that cultural freedom in the west was hard achieved after fighting the shackles of christianity

10. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Sir, if we can’t discuss the problem then we can’t find the solution. There is a big difference between Christians living in India than that of Western nations. In western nations, every girl keep 'Jesus Christ' in her mind while justifying her status as Single Mother, with having casual sex with different guys. Girls of there generally get pregnant due to normal casual sex and as they get government benefits, its not a problem on them on financial side. And as they have in mind 'Jesus' who was also not sure about his father, they have a society where this culture is then ‘legalized’. :coffee:

No matter how much Pope try to prove that he is against this type of Western culture, he must get to know that truth behind the birth of Jesus is the only reason why we find 'Single Mother' culture in Christian religious background countries only :meeting:

11. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

i have lived in Western countries for over 10 years and I never attended any birth day part where i met less than 7-8 mother fathers of that person. as, they usually marry and divorce every year and this way their kids have got so many mother fathers. and it has badly affected the upbringing of young generation of Western countries who grow without proper care of their parents. the only reason, why they dont have proper educational background and they look on other countries for professionals who may help them run their industries. the culture they have, just can't produce 'competitive' kids who may make their countries prosper in future :disagree:

12. tilopa

lol
    that sounds very much like doubting thomas and as if you know whats in their mind!
    most of the westeners are non beliver,infact from nine european and north american countries(excluding usa) xtianity is disappearing
    ofcourse the westeners are casual about sex but because they are developed and non patriarchal so theres less emphasis on virginity

13. tilopa

you r right to a certain extent but still asians serve as mere technicians and when it comes to innovations and free thinking...they lead the world
    remember those indians who become successful in the west only after they integrate into their western society

theres advantage and disadvantage of everything...

14. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Dude,What is wrong in being a single mother????

15. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

hmmm they are either non-believer or they want only Christians. just see how easy it is for the people of Philippines to get migrated to a Western country while it is so hard for Muslims? there is always a religious war being funded by Western politicians, and their people, whether they are Christians or non-believers :wave:

Im not against Casual Sex, but Im discussing the outcome of it, how Western countries have reached this level. their society of Single Mothers and their kids who only have competition of having new girl friends since schooling, without much concerned for studies, just no 'competition' for studies in their schools :meeting:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.