Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Christianity and Impact of westernization on Indian culture

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by sunny_10, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    when you see you dominance going some more players are emerging and your way of life is being threatened by others... you have no other option than putting blame on others.... West is doing the same. and By 1st century I means the first of the several century dominance as we had in past

1 person likes this.
  2. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    no it is other way around with a 1.2 billion people it is easy to find out people with lower IQ of 80... as they don't know english as there lang. so by default they had lower IQ in your IQ test..

3. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    IQ tests are not based on english.

1 person likes this.
  4. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

they are in English and some english is asked as lang. IQ.... tell me you had ever given a IQ test or its just your blog knowledge. wht was score of your IQ

5. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Layman has 0 IQ…. :undecided:

6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Agreed. But education does have a very big role to play in it especially in a country like India. This still does not explain the so called high IQ of Americans which the world calls the lowest. Even the Jews who control all your finances call you so why? The whole world can't be wrong, can it be? And if the world is wrong than we need to have a relook at this system of calculating IQ. BTW was Einstien not called a man with lowest IQ in his class of students?

1 person likes this.
  7. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

Einstein didn't have good school marks, but I don't think he was called man with lowest IQ... they may have called him stupid, though.

1 person likes this.
  8. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Jews dont control US financial institutions, and in the US few Jews are any more religious then any one else. Thats just as sterotype and bigotry. Lot of factors effect IQ, diet, interbreeding, but not education directly. Individual IQ tests can vary but when testing large segments of the population they can be fairly accurate.

9. tilopa

tilopa Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

the point is that the iq source average american is posting from the source "iq and wealth of nations" is highly disputed and its authenticity is not approved by many academics now

10. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

Yeah, but Averageamerican is correct about one thing: diet DOES affect IQ... and considering "diet" many Americans are eating (fast food)... there was time I was eating fast food. I literally felt my mind slowing down; that and certain other problems made me stop eating it.

11. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

SATI was limited to Bengal area only, no where else, and for a certain time period only and only for those of Bengal who believe in it. it was supported by those rulers of Bengal who were themselves not hindus while even if hindu Marathas controlled over 80% India during that time, there was no case found in their region :disagree:

SATI was limited to Bengal area only, for a certain time period and only for those who believe in it, which was supported by non-hindu regime of Bengal while Hindu Marathas never allowed it in their rule of around 80% area of India they controlled before losing India to British. it simply means a Hindu rule might not have allowed SATI :wave:

now compare these murders with the total population of India, it is still far less than usual murders in a today's developing country per 450mil population, as of India in 1820. and here, it was also estimated that most of those women were self willing for SATI.....

it is because SATI isn't part of Hinduism, even the top most lord of Hindu, Ram, was against cast system. all these SATI or Cast was made by powerful people only, to feed their human mentalities to remain on top on the basis of race, which was 'social' practice not religious . (like how White Christians usually discriminated with Christian Blacks till mid 20th century.) Marathas never allowed SATI except few cases which were not known, like how the numbers were very less in Maratha's state of India who controlled 80% Indian areas that time........

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  12. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

No- IQ tests are genuinely inadequate and probably can be called 'end results' of a person's development. In the US itself, there are multiple schools aimed at trying to find alternatives- EQ (Emotional intelligence0; my favorite was always REBA and Albert Ellis/ Paul Huack. With their work you don't know whether you will score high/ low on IQ tests, but a high guarantee that you will live a higher quality life.

13. Guynextdoor

Nice concentrated dose of BS. You are almost sounding as if you're ok with the abomination. Plus, non hindu rulers didn't support it- they wouldn't interfere in it because they wanted the support of all relegious groups.

14. Guynextdoor

Yeah...I keep quoting this example to my mom- flunked just about every test, score low on aptitude tests....but for some reason people are still unwilling to compare me with einstein...wonder why??

1 person likes this.
  15. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Its and Urban Legend, mis information,, that US technology due to India. But on Monday, the Indian government itself consecrated the oft-circulated fiction as fact in Parliament, possibly laying itself open to a breach of privilege. By relaying to Rajya Sabha members (as reported in The Times of India) a host of unsubstantiated and inflated figures about Indian professionals in US, the government also made a laughing stock of itself.

The figures provided by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development Purandeshwari included claims that 38 per cent of doctors in US are Indians, as are 36 per cent of NASA scientists and 34 per cent of Microsoft employees. There is no survey that establishes these numbers, and absent a government clarification, it appears that the figures come from a shop-worn Internet chain mail that has been in circulation for many years. Spam has finally found its way into the Indian parliament dressed up as fact...I live near NASA and there are few Indians working there but most of them are Ameicans of India descent. I doubt it the figure is any larger then what the India population is in the USA>

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.